“Rest and relax in luxury”

Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Bonita Springs
GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, Illinois
“Rest and relax in luxury”
Reviewed March 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night recently so I could see if it would be a good fit for our meetings at work. It is really a gorgeous hotel. The drive up to the hotel doesn't seem like much but once you walk through the front doors, it's a whole other story. The lobby has high ceilings with huge windows to match. Everyone of their staff members is extremely helpful and friendly. I'm not sure I walked passed any staff person without them saying hello.

From a business standpoint this hotel has great meeting space. The ballrooms have beautiful high ceilings and chandeliers and there is no shortage of configurations available for whatever size group you have. There are plenty of smaller meeting rooms to choose from as well. In addition to the indoor space there are a ton of outdoor options as well. Their pool area is a stunning backdrop for a cocktail reception.

While there isn't much to do outside of the hotel that is within walking distance, they do provide a free trolley service to an outdoor mall nearby which has a lot of high-end shops and restaurants. That said, there is plenty to do on the property including going to the spa, swimming at the pool (there are 7 of them I think and there are two water slides for the kids!), or taking the free ferry out to their private island! The beach on the island is on the small side but I did see people walking all around the island and some were even fishing. There are also a few different restaurants to choose from and they have an excusion company on site to arrange any other activities you may want to do. For the moms and dads they also have "Camp Hyatt" to keep the kids occupied while you get some peace and quiet.

The guest rooms are beautiful as well. We had a corner room with three balconies but I did go into another room that only had one and I would say they were equally as nice. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was very clean.

If I can't make it back for a meeting, I will definitely make it back for vacation!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank amy2876
HRCPTvlManager, Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 14, 2011
Thank you for the great review! I think you covered just about every aspect of the hotel from top to bottom/ inside & out. We do hope that you will be able to visit again soon whether like you said, for another meeting or better yet...on vacation!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
De Haan, Belgium
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Large rooms and a large pool and garden area. The hotel is not directly on the Gulf but a boat brings you to the hotel beach on Hickory Island. Our Island suite on the ninth floor at a supplementary cost of $120 offered us a great view of the Gulf islands. A problem was the noise of the elevators because our bedroom was next to the shaft. Although it is more than half an hour drive to Naples, it is relatively close to several state parks (Lovers Key and Estero Bay). The lap pool is heated. The days around Christmas were unusually cold with frost at night, we then enjoyed the sauna of the Stillwater Spa.
One suggestion for excellent gastronomy: "l'escargot 41" on the Tamiami Trail and for a dessert, the tempting "Royal Scoop" ice cream parlor in Bonita Springs, just off Vanderbilt Drive.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Windermere, Florida
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Was there Sunday night with my Domestic Partner.
The Valet staff was attentive, and perfectly punctual, giving a few more much needed extra few seconds for myself as the driver to properly collect my cell phone, charger, etal from the car. PLEASE NOTE TO ALL VALET'S, after determining from the passenger that a "check-in" is preeminent , allow the driver, if distracted, to open their own door with you at the wait to fully open it. The check in process was brilliant, I love the "Champagne" welcome. Traveler's beware, it isn't actually Champagne, but Cava, although, it is quite frankly a brilliant Cava that could stand up to many of the true Champagne's. I requested a sedan to take me to a destination the next day. Josh, at the front desk made all of the arrangements directly at check-in. Kudos to the staff employees for making that "one stop shopping" possible.
We proceeded to Concierge level for a cocktail and a nibble, yet we felt a bit out of sorts upon arrival. The lighting is very bright, and there were children about.
The room was as expected, and reserved, with a large balcony, non-smoking King, and as an extra treat overlooking the brilliant pool complex, and then the Bay beyond. I found the beds to be dressed in the pristine, crisp linens that I have come to expect from a Grand Hyatt, they did not disappoint.
The Room Service, which I ordered for Breakfast, came punctually, exceeding the time promised, and turned out to be the best French Toast (Cinnamon Bun), I have EVER had.
Now, as a Diamond Member of Hyatt, I was a bit disappointed at the fact that my gift upon checking in, I chose a bottle of Zinfandel, and the cheese plate, was painfully long in arrival. The staff not only apologized, but assured me that my "points for gift upon arrival" would be credited back to me. I have every thought that they will be re-instated.
Check out was effortless, and while my sedan arrived long beyond my expected departure, everything seemed effortless, and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
HRCPTvlManager, Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 7, 2011
Thank you for your continued support of Hyatt Hotels & Resorts! As you are a Diamond Member, we are thrilled to see this review posted online and are very happy that your stay was memorable. Of course, we do hope that you will come back to visit us again and I will make sure that Josh from our Front Office staff is aware of you wonderful comments. Thank you again!
Sanibel Island, Florida
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Stayed at this resort while attending a wedding. Very nice accommodations, good food/beverage outlets, helpful staff (both hotel and restaurant) and beautiful grounds. Would recommend and return.

For those who are interested in fishing/boating, there is a boat ramp right next door to the resort (Weeks Fish Camp). The ramp is best for flats/bay boats, but easy access to Estero Bay and provides bait, etc.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review and the menion of our water/fishing availability here at the resort. Not many of our guests are aware that we do have fishing and water activites here on property and we appreciate you taking the time to make a great comment about it. We do hope that you will come back and visit again soon!
Cheshire
Reviewed February 11, 2011

Just returned from a stay at the Coconut Point...awesome ! The hotel is probably the friendliest I have ever stayed in. The staff could not do enough to help out and were so upbeat and always said hello.

The room was very clean and well maintained...only slight issue was the North facing rooms on the lower floors can hear the fan from the kitchen if you have the balcony door open !
We had the breakfast buffett and it was very good value and kids under 5 eat free ! The pool area was very clean and the boat ride to the beach was fun. Also, the use of the Hyatt club next door is worthwhile with some good kids attractions and of course the Lazy river is great fun.
If you want to get out I would recommend a car...to get around in taxis is pricey...its about 2 miles to the mall, which has a good variety of restaurants and shops...its $10 each way in a taxi.
As usual it depends on what you want from a vacation but for us the hotel was perfect..but if you like going out for dinner to different restaurants you will need a car. Please remember this is a 5 star hotel...and the bar prices match the class of hotel..note for the hotel...maybe a Happy would be good ???

In summary..superb hotel and great staff...well done The Hyatt !

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
HRCPTvlManager, Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
Thank you so much for the stunning review! We have now just added a happy hour Mon-Fri 3:00-5:00pm, and thank you for the recommendation. We do hope that you will come again real soon! Especially during the holidays (Memorial, 4th of July & Labor Day) we have a TON of great kids activities planned during the long weekend.
Chicago
Reviewed February 10, 2011

My company had our annual sales meeting at this property in early Feb. We move this meeting around the country every year, and have held it at venues in Las Vegas, San Francisco, New Orleans and other high profile cities. This was far and away our most pleasurable experience. Beautiful grounds, lovely rooms and the food was outstanding. Very pleasant and helpful staff. The logistics of handling a meeting for 300 people was done very impressively from set up of the ball room, to the food service. I highly suggest to any company looking for a venue for a business meeting to come to the Hyatt Coconut Point Resort.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
It's not everyday that we receive such great comments about our meeting facilities and for that we thank you! Whether you attend another meeting, or you go on vacation soon...we do hope that you will visit again.
Mandan, North Dakota
Reviewed February 5, 2011

This was our last hotel on our 5-day tour of southern Florida, and it was my favorite place by far. The staff was simply wonderful, the bed was so comfortable I wanted to take it home, the food was great, and the meeting rooms were all we could have asked for.

There were quite a few pools to choose from, a nice walk down to the docks where a boat can take you to the beach (too bad the beach wasn't closer), and a lot of nice spots outside to sit and enjoy a little January sunshine. Staff was always available to help with directions or questions.

We needed to ship some items home rather than try to fly with them, and Mary in the Business Center was over the top in her helpfulness!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
HRCPTvlManager, Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 9, 2011
Thank you so much for your comments! We are glad that you had such a great stay and hopefully you will come back to visit again real soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bonita Springs
Lovers Key Resort
#5 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach
North Naples
Naples Grande Beach Resort

Been to Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!