“Beautiful relaxing place to stay”

Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Bonita Springs
GreenLeadersGold level
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
“Beautiful relaxing place to stay”
Reviewed December 3, 2010

Agree with all the other good reviews.. Staff, facilities and location are all excellent. Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank Bluebell_cat
HRCPTvlManager, Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 8, 2010
...and we cannot wait for you to come back and visit us again! Thank you for the great review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
Florida
Reviewed November 30, 2010

Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa: Bonita Springs, FL

Dates of Stay: Wednesday, 11/24/10 - Sunday, 11/28/10
Total Nights: 4

In a nutshell, this is truly one of the most beautiful Hyatt's in the country, and it rivals the Hyatt properties in Hawaii! The amazing customer service, combined with superb amenities and truly beautiful location makes this Hyatt one that should not be missed by anyone!

Now, for my detailed review:

My wife and I arrived on Wednesday, 11/24/10 for the start of a long Thanksgiving weekend. Neither of us had been to this property before, and we were scared that it would be quite crowded for the holiday -- we were pleasantly surprised to see that there were no major crowds, and the hotel was running extremely smoothly for a Holiday weekend.

As you drive up to this property, only one word comes to mind -- sheer amazement. This is a truly beautiful property that towers over the Estero Bay as you drive in down Coconut Road. As you get to the end of Coconut Road, the entry to the valet parking is very lavish and inviting. Although, I would suggest self-park at this resort. My wife and I are used to most Hyatt properties where the self-park garage is some walk from the resort and valet is the most more efficient option; however, although valet was extremely polite and efficient, the self-park garage was attached to the hotel itself and very conveniently accessible from the hotel. As such, although the valet service was wonderful, at $20/day for valet compared to free self-park (included in the $20/day Resort Fee) I would suggest the self-park. It honestly appeared that most people chose the self-park option, as the valet was never busy.

We pulled into the valet parking area and were quickly met by a very helpful and friendly bellman, who quickly took our bags and got a valet to take our car. We were then whisked into the lobby, which definitely surpassed all of our expectations. Upon entry, you can look straight through the main lobby hallway and see beautiful fountains and the waterfall pool; a truly beautiful view to inspire anyone who enters. The lobby itself is very lavishly appointed, and is definitely more on par with a Grand Hyatt than a Hyatt Regency.

Our check-in was very quick and efficient, despite one small wrinkle. We approached the desk, and were immediately welcomed by the front desk agent. She was very friendly and efficient, offering us a glass of champagne while she checked us in. She thanked us for being loyal Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond Tier Members, and informed us that we had one of the most beautiful Bay Suites that they had to offer. She also told us that as Diamond Tier Members, we would have access to the Regency Club on the 17th Floor, and explained the Regency Club Amenities to us. She then gave us a property map and a beautiful folder with property photos and information. I do note one very interesting thing as a Hyatt Gold Passport member, there was a personalized letter inside the folder, again thanking me for being a Diamond Tier Member, and also stating my current Hyatt Gold Passport Point Balance and informing me of how few points I would need to redeem a free 7-night stay at the property. After such a friendly and efficient check-in, my wife and I proceeded to the elevators to go to the 11th Floor, which was indicated on our key packet -- this is where the tiny wrinkle occurred. When we got to the room on the 11th Floor, we opened the door to find a truly beautiful Bay View Suite -- however, we noted that there was a crib in the room, baby toys on the coffee table and another guest welcome folder on the desk. We quickly realized that we had been given the wrong room, and turned to exit the room, only to be greeted by the room's true occupants trying to get into the room as their keys were no longer working. Talk about an awkward situation. We apologized and left the room, immediately returning to the front desk where a very apologetic front desk agent stated that we were actually in the same room on the 12th Floor, and she gave us new keys and we were off. Other than that small wrinkle, check-in service at this property was amazing, and I would assume such a wrinkle is a very rare occurrence.

Upon reaching our room on the 12th Floor, we were truly in awe -- it was one of the most amazing Suites we have had, with a truly perfect view. We had used one of our Diamond Suite Upgrade Certificates to confirm a Suite for the entire 4-night stay, and it was well worth it. The Upgrade is to a Bay Suite, which is the smaller of the two main Suite types -- but, it did not feel small at all! Plus, the view on the Bay Suites actually seems to be better than the view from the larger Island Suites would be based on the positioning of the building. As soon as we walked into the Suite, we were greeted by an AMAZING sunset! This property overlooks the Estero Bay, facing to the West, which allows for truly beautiful sunset viewing. The Bedroom portion of the Suite had large floor-to-ceiling windows with Balcony on the West wall, allowing for our first sunset viewing of the trip. Not only was the view magnificent, but the Suite was truly amazing.

The Bay Suite is arranged in a two-room typical Suite format, with a Standard Bedroom attached via a connecting door to a large parlor. Although we only checked in for a One Bedroom Suite, I do note that the Bay Suites have a second attached bedroom should one want more space for a larger family -- and, having accidentally seen the room on the 11th Floor, which was set up in a two bedroom configuration, it looked very nice for a large family. But, our One Bedroom Bay Suite was perfect for the two of us. The Bedroom is a relatively standard Hyatt bedroom, very well appointed and perfect for sleeping. The Bedroom was equipped with the typically comfortable Hyatt bed, as large chair/ottoman, along with a large computer work desk and typical dresser with flat screen television. Then, the Bedroom had a relatively standard Hyatt bathroom, featuring a dual shower/tub, a single vanity, a slightly partitioned toilet area, and the Hyatt Portico Eucalyptus bath products. Then, the Suite was definitely a very large one, featuring an equally large flat-screen television, a large coffee table, well well suited to room service dining, along with a large chair and sofa sleeper. Much like the Bedroom, the Suite also had large floor-to-ceiling windows on the West wall, as well as behind the couch. This allowed for two large balconies, making the total Balcony county for the Suite at three, which allowed for plenty of amazing views throughout the day. The Suite also featured a bathroom with typical toilet, single vanity, and a very large glass shower, which we actually preferred to the shower/tub combo in the Bedroom. There was also a large entry hallway, leading from the Suite door toward the bathroom or parlor area. Additionally, it most be noted that both televisions were equipped with DVD players, as I understand all rooms were as well. All-in-all, one of the nicest standard suites that we have ever seen. It definitely makes me wonder how amazing the larger Suites were!

As for the property itself, it is truly amazing!

As for recreation, there is no lack of recreation opportunities! There are a total of three pools -- a large pool with water-slide for kids and families, a relaxing adult lap pool and a beautiful waterfall pool. There are two nice hot tub areas, and ample seating around the pool. And, unlike many resort pool areas, there is also ample shaded seating if one does not want to sit in the sun. We spent a few of our days just lounging by the pool and we definitely enjoyed every minute of it. There is also a rock climbing wall and a fire pit for night time s'more making. Also, there is a ping-pong table on property, as well as a beautiful golf course on the neighboring Hyatt Vacation Club property. Finally, a very quick and beautiful walk down the boardwalk path there is a private marina where a Hyatt shuttle boat will take you on a regular schedule to this property's private beach. Alas, we did not get the chance to take advantage of this part of the property, but from what we were told, it is a very beautiful beach.

For shopping, there is abundant shopping in and around the property. Inside the property, there is a wonderful little coffee shop/ice cream shop that doubles as a small grocery. The ice cream is amazing, as are the morning pastries and Starbucks coffee. Then, the coolers feature a selection of sodas, beers, wines and pre-made sandwiches to take to the private beach or back to the room. Additionally, they have very well priced s'mores kits for families to use at the fire pit. Finally, they had a very nice selection of DVDs available for "rent" -- you get charged a deposit of $35 to your room, but so long as they were returned by 11 am the next day, the deposit was refunded. Next, there is a very unique jewelry store just off the main lobby, as well as a very large "Lamont's Gift Shop." This "Lamont's" seemed larger than at most Hyatt locations, and it featured a variety of local and beach products along with designer clothes and styles. Then, in addition to all of the wonderful shopping on property, this property was within a few miles of multiple malls. First, just off of Coconut Road, less than 5-minutes from the property, is the beautiful Coconut Point Shopping Complex. This is not a typical mall but is instead a town-center, with exterior walkways and residential units over many stores. It offers a large variety of shopping and dining, as well as a large movie theater and typical anchor stores, such a Dillard's and Best Buy. Then, a few miles away, at the entrance ramp to I-75 is the beautiful Miromar Outlet Mall, which has hundreds of retailers and dining options. So, there is no lack of shopping and dining potential near this property.

As for dining, as previously mentioned, the local malls have a vast assortment of eateries if one wishes to leave the property, but, on property, there are also a number of amazing places to dine. However, I do caution that all portion sizes are rather large, so if you don't go to eat hungry, I'd suggest splitting a portion with your traveling companion. First, Tanglewood, one of the two main sit-down restaurants on property, offers a variety of food options throughout the day. We only ate there for dinner, which was AMAZING, but they also have a large breakfast buffet as well as lunch. Next, Corkscrew, the poolside bar and grille offers amazing pool-side food and drinks. Both the food and the drinks and reasonably priced for a pool-side location, and the food was of amazing quality for pool-side dining. Then, there is Mangroves, a lovely bar area just off of the main lobby; it offers a variety of fine dining appetizers which are large enough to have as a dinner and wonderful drinks. It is definitely a nice relaxing place to sit for a drink and relax at the end of the day. Finally, Tarpon Bay, the seafood restaurant is the only dining location that I would hesitate to recommend -- although the service and the atmosphere was good, the seafood did not taste as fresh as I had expected; for the price, I would suggest opting for Tanglewood instead.

The Regency Club, located on the 17th Floor, is one of the nicest Regency Clubs that my wife or I have ever been in. The Club itself is very large, with sample seating space, both at tables and large comfortable couches. The Club never felt crowded and always offered excellent service. There are two large flat-screen televisions, a computer for internet access and a devoted concierge to assist with dining or local attraction information. In addition to the service had the large spaces, the food selection was by far the best we have ever encountered. Each morning, there is a typical continental breakfast -- but, unlike many properties, they have an excellent hot food option as well, that appears to vary each morning. Then, throughout the day they have a selection of excellent cookies and snacks, in addition to water and soda. Then, in the evening they have wonderful hors d'oeuvres, including a hot option each night. It must be noted, however, that much like other Hyatt properties, alcoholic beverages are no longer complimentary -- but, the cost for these beverages ($3 beer, $4 wine, $5 mixed drink) is still much better than you will find at any bar on property. So, the Regency Club is definitely a very valuable area of the resort, and I would highly recommend booking a Regency Club Room for this service.

Finally, with regard to the Resort Fee. It is $20+tax per day at this property, which is standard for most Hyatt resorts. Some of the items that this includes are: self parking, wired internet access, and newspaper delivery each morning. Like all Hyatt Resort properties, all guests, regardless of Hyatt Gold Passport Membership Tier, pay this fee -- it is NOT waived for Diamond Tier Members. However, it is waived on stays using award nights.

All-in-all, this is truly one of the nicest Hyatt Resorts in the country, and by far the best Resort in Florida. This is one property that should not be missed!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank AttorneyVin
HRCPTvlManager, Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 2, 2010
Well, I think your review says it all. Thank you so much for the compliments! We are thrilled that you chose our property for you & your wife's holiday weekend and we do hope that you will come to visit us again real soon (and write another fantastic review)!
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 18, 2010

I've been putting off writing this review because there is just so much good to say about it and I have trouble not being wordy! I will try to be as concise as possible. Our whole stay was fabulous! Every aspect of the hotel was so great. The only negative I could say was I wish it was cheaper that we could come on a regular basis but you really do get a lot for your money. The property itself is breathtaking, maybe a glimpse of what my yard will look like in Heaven! There are cascading waterfalls everywhere, rich, dark wood and a beautiful island theme. At night we would get our ice cream (homemade in Bonita) from the store and pull our chairs in front of the fountains and just sit and watch. So beautiful. We had so much fun riding the water slide (even with little kids looking at us funny) and soaking in the many hot tubs. We borrowed bikes and rode across the street two days to ride around and around the lazy river and lay in the hammocks in tiki huts. On our last day we took the boat shuttle out to the beach which was great. The property is right down the street from an outdoor mall which we ate at many times and listened to the nightly entertainment. We also took a drive down to Naples and walked the beach and 5th avenue for shopping. It's a great location.

There is nothing I can compare the service to. Nothing. It was unbelievable. My husband and I both said we would like to work there, the staff seemed to love their job that much! We had requested a quiet room so when we checked in (2 hours early) they offered us a room on the top floor. It did not have a walk out balcony so I said we would go with the 14th floor instead. When we got up to the room I was disappointed by the view so I sent my husband (because I was too embarrassed) to go ask if we could have the 18th floor. Too make a long story short there was a knock on the door and there was Annah holding a handful of room keys saying, "let's go look at some rooms and you can pick whichever one you want." I was shocked. It was so much fun and Annah just kept saying, "we just want you to be happy." And we were! That's how we were treated the whole time. Every one waved and said hi, asked how we were, people holding doors open for you everywhere, we felt so welcomed!

When I made the reservation I mentioned that we had AAA and we were given complimentary breakfast every morning. It was sooo good. They had anything you wanted. One morning I didn't see the chocolate chip espresso muffins I had been enjoying so I thought, "they'll do anything for you here, I'll just ask" and I did. That waiter must have been gone 30 minutes and I KNEW that he was combing the entire hotel looking for that muffin and he was sincerely sorry that he could not find one. Also, they have people trying to convince you to go to the time share meeting. At first I was annoyed but then considered the benefit: $100 to spend at the resort and we agreed to it. It was one hour long and absolutely no pressure, it was very worth it.

We asked for early check in and got it and our flight didn't leave til 5 so we asked for a late check out and got that. There is nothing they wouldn't do for you. We felt pampered and spoiled and relaxed. Such a great trip. When we got home and showed the pictures to our kids that were mad at us. We're hoping we can take them back some day.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ajcamom
HRCPTvlManager, Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 22, 2010
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We here at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point really do try to go out of our way to make our guests happy and after reading your kind words, I think demonstrates that our staff know that taking the extra step to find that perfect room or hunt down a chocolate muffin makes every difference. We do hope that you will come to visit us again soon!
Cheshire
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Stayed here for 4 nights from 30th Oct and you just could not fault the place. The staff were the best I have ever come across and they could not do enough for you. Special thanks to Katrina who organised some wonderful surprise gifts for my wife's birthday in the room, and Dan the concierge (who could do stand up with his dry humour) was extremely helpful.

The hotel is very plush and it was no surprise to see a number of weddings and functions taking place during our stay as the grounds and decor provide a great backdrop.

You pay a very reasonable $20 per day resort fee, but you get a lot of benefits for this. For instance you can borrow bikes and ride to the sister hotel where they have a lazy river which the kids really enjoyed or play a round of golf at the adjoining raptor bay. There is also a complimentary trolley bus which will ferry you back and forth if you want to take things just a little easier. There is a complimentary boat transfer to the beach (takes about 15 mins) which was a hit with the kids and the captain gives a some interesting facts during the jouney. There are also 3 pools (1 with slide and 1 adult only) and a climbing wall. Food was also really good.

Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and I am sure we will make the effort to return.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
HRCPTvlManager, Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 18, 2010
Thank you very much for the great compliments. I will make sure that Katrina & Dan are notified with your words of praise! We hope that you will visit us again soon!
Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I booked rooms at the Hyatt for myself and family to stay the weekend of my wedding. There were nothing but problems with the reservations starting from time of check-in. The morning of my wedding I decided to check my email to find out my reservations had been changed and I was being charged for multiple days when I had not even checked in yet, but the person I spoke to insisted the booking was non-refundable and nothing could be done. I had a confirmation showing I only booked for one day and after 30 minutes on hold was finally able to resolve the issues. Certainly 30 minutes that I needed to be preparing for my big day. The morning of my wedding I couldn't get in touch with my Mom who was helping me with everything that needed to be done before my wedding. I didn't find out until after the ceremony that the night before a staff member who went into her room to turn down the beds had knocked my dress on the floor and apprarently ran it over with the door, damaging the dress and leaving it bunched up on the floor with grease marks on it and never once thinking to tell anyone about what happened. My Mom spent 4hrs trying to clean my dress. The hotel offered to do whatever they could to help, but the fact of the matter is that this should never have happened. As a result of the damaged dress, my Mom did not enjoy her stay, she was late for hair/make-up, causing a delay to my time slot for getting ready and ultimately resulted in us not being able to do familly photos before the wedding, reducing the amount of time we had for photos of just the bride/groom after the wedding. A complimentary stay was provided, but it didn't make up for some of the happiness that was lost as a result of the carelessness of staff. I'm very disappointed because the hotel is beautiful and our stay should have been just as beautiful.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
All of us here at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point understand the importance of such a special day, and we apologize for any mishaps that may have happened. We are currently addressing the situation so that these types of events do not happen again.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2010

Anyone, anywhere who is thinking of starting up in the hotel business, do yourself a favour & book in at the Hyatt Regency in Bonita Springs for a week or two &...................... Learn from the masters!

Absolutely fabulous stay. I have never been in a hotel where people offered to do so much for you yet you needed so little done!

Simply the best hotel I have ever stayed in!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank 98Pup100
Lmadsen, Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 1, 2010
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. From all of us here at the beautiful Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, we send you well wishes and hope to see you again soon!
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed October 29, 2010

It is so nice to see palm trees in December. This is a beautiful resort in an excellent location. A very short drive to great shopping!

Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Hyatt House Naples
Hyatt House Naples
#5 of 59 in Naples
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,014 reviews

Been to Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!