“Outstanding Service”

Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Bonita Springs
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Stayed here for 4 nights from 30th Oct and you just could not fault the place. The staff were the best I have ever come across and they could not do enough for you. Special thanks to Katrina who organised some wonderful surprise gifts for my wife's birthday in the room, and Dan the concierge (who could do stand up with his dry humour) was extremely helpful.

The hotel is very plush and it was no surprise to see a number of weddings and functions taking place during our stay as the grounds and decor provide a great backdrop.

You pay a very reasonable $20 per day resort fee, but you get a lot of benefits for this. For instance you can borrow bikes and ride to the sister hotel where they have a lazy river which the kids really enjoyed or play a round of golf at the adjoining raptor bay. There is also a complimentary trolley bus which will ferry you back and forth if you want to take things just a little easier. There is a complimentary boat transfer to the beach (takes about 15 mins) which was a hit with the kids and the captain gives a some interesting facts during the jouney. There are also 3 pools (1 with slide and 1 adult only) and a climbing wall. Food was also really good.

Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and I am sure we will make the effort to return.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
HRCPTvlManager, Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2010

Thank you very much for the great compliments. I will make sure that Katrina & Dan are notified with your words of praise! We hope that you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed November 1, 2010

I booked rooms at the Hyatt for myself and family to stay the weekend of my wedding. There were nothing but problems with the reservations starting from time of check-in. The morning of my wedding I decided to check my email to find out my reservations had been changed and I was being charged for multiple days when I had not even checked in yet, but the person I spoke to insisted the booking was non-refundable and nothing could be done. I had a confirmation showing I only booked for one day and after 30 minutes on hold was finally able to resolve the issues. Certainly 30 minutes that I needed to be preparing for my big day. The morning of my wedding I couldn't get in touch with my Mom who was helping me with everything that needed to be done before my wedding. I didn't find out until after the ceremony that the night before a staff member who went into her room to turn down the beds had knocked my dress on the floor and apprarently ran it over with the door, damaging the dress and leaving it bunched up on the floor with grease marks on it and never once thinking to tell anyone about what happened. My Mom spent 4hrs trying to clean my dress. The hotel offered to do whatever they could to help, but the fact of the matter is that this should never have happened. As a result of the damaged dress, my Mom did not enjoy her stay, she was late for hair/make-up, causing a delay to my time slot for getting ready and ultimately resulted in us not being able to do familly photos before the wedding, reducing the amount of time we had for photos of just the bride/groom after the wedding. A complimentary stay was provided, but it didn't make up for some of the happiness that was lost as a result of the carelessness of staff. I'm very disappointed because the hotel is beautiful and our stay should have been just as beautiful.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
HRCPTvlManager, Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2010

All of us here at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point understand the importance of such a special day, and we apologize for any mishaps that may have happened. We are currently addressing the situation so that these types of events do not happen again.

Reviewed October 30, 2010

Anyone, anywhere who is thinking of starting up in the hotel business, do yourself a favour & book in at the Hyatt Regency in Bonita Springs for a week or two &...................... Learn from the masters!

Absolutely fabulous stay. I have never been in a hotel where people offered to do so much for you yet you needed so little done!

Simply the best hotel I have ever stayed in!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank 98Pup100
Lmadsen, Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2010

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. From all of us here at the beautiful Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, we send you well wishes and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 29, 2010

It is so nice to see palm trees in December. This is a beautiful resort in an excellent location. A very short drive to great shopping!

Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2010

My fiance and I had the most relaxing time at Coconut Point! We love the west coast of Florida for quick trips away. We took a gamble on this resort and always end up here on trip advisor for the most accurate reviews. What a gem we found! Excellent service isn't even good enough for this staff! We knew we'd be in for a real treat when we were greeted with mimosa's at check in! The grounds are glorious, the views, so pretty! The food and drinks were top notch! I love that with so many pools and two properties to choose from, there was a choice of quiet and reserved or fun and festive! From the fire pit for roasting marshmellows at night to the private beach, it catered to everyone. We left the kiddies home this trip but will definately return with them in the future for the waterslides and activities. The hotel is in a beautiful part of Florida with hundreds of great restaurants and daytrips to choose from. Upscale Naples to the south or fun Ft Myers and Sanibel to the North. Or just stay put and be equally happy! FYI, parking in the garage or lot is SO close, not worth the $20 valet charge.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Spaqueen1111
Reviewed October 18, 2010

This review is for the Plantation side of the Hyatt Regency,not the hotel side (which is what I reviewed last time). Two different properties that share pools. Hopefully TripAdvisor will allow it.

Short review this time. The pools and property are great! Lazy River, 10 pools overall, very nice. This time of year, the pools are not as heated as they should be (one was not heated at all) so it's a bit brisk. Still, with pools, basketball court, horseshoes, shuffleboard, volley ball, sauna, flume ride - there's plenty to do outside.

My issue was with the Plantation room. We stayed at the hotel last time and it was generally pretty nice. This time we were in a one bedroom suite. There were a couple of problems:
- On the middle floor, since the floors are all tile, all you hear in the early morning is the people upstairs dragging their chairs around. Squeaky and loud over and over.
- On the second night, some drunken folks at 2:30am started causing a ruckus. Apparently, one person went inside their room and locked the other out, and promptly passed out. The drunk person left outside banged on the door, shouting "Let me the F in!" for about 30 mins until the police was called.

So it was hard getting a good night's sleep. Also, the room had a bit of problems: one of the bathroom doors would not lock, the dishwasher had come loose from the countertop, and there was food particles under and behind the fold out couch. The TV's are old tube, smaller TV's when most places now have nice flat screen units. There's audio components in the room, with three remotes, none of which controlled all of the functions of the TV. The curtains in the bed room did not shut out the morning light. There is a very nice, screened-in (thankfully!) porch.

So overall, what we did outside of the room was great - and there's a very nice (new?) large mall across the street with hundreds of stores and restaurants (check out Stir it Up, stir fry place for great mongolian food). The pools were fun and relaxing. There's free parking conveniently below the first floor, and generally it's a short walking distance to the pools. There's free wireless Internet. But the nights were not so great and we were dead tired by the third night. The hotel, though it required a short trolley ride to get to the lazy-river pools, was a far more quiet place to spend the night.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank wwills
Reviewed October 9, 2010

An OK hotel, but in the middle of nowhere. Located at the end of a road, in the middle of wertlands. needs shuttle to the beach, and it;s a short drive to shopping. Mediovre food. Rooms need updating, but are spacious. Lobby is grand and recently updated, and pool and garden is well kept. Staff is very pleasant and helpful. The parking garage could use more obvious signs of security, as it is poorly lit. It makes more sense to stay in Naples, closer to the good restaurants, and nice shops. I understand that rooms are scheduled for updating. It's OK if you want to lie around a pool all day, not so OK if you want to enjoy most of things in the Naples area. Take your laptop, the concirge seemed very wary of letting me take his precious yellow pages away from the desk to anearby chair. the hotel claims it's being green by not having phone books in the room, but a yellow pages can be handy in any area in which you don;t live.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Edgewater Beach Hotel
#12 of 59 in Naples
Lovers Key Resort
#5 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach

Been to Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!