“One of the very best!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Delray Beach, Florida
“One of the very best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

What a great property! Elegant...but not pretentious! Welcome champagne at check in and a greeting by the wonderful resident dogs. Beautiful pool areas - including an adults only pool! Nicely equipped, well furnished rooms with mini refrigerators. Beautiful landscaping. Naples is nearby.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HRCPSocialMediaMgr, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you GoingStrong for a fantastic review. We're very glad you both enjoyed the casual elegance of our resort, our friendly canine concierge and the resort's amenities. We look forward to your next visit to Southwest Florida.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Wow! What a nice place to stay! It is truly a small city within a city. The only regret I have is that I didn't bring our grandchildren. They would have loved the club and pool.

Pool- love, love the fact they have am adults only section. Here is the great part, they actually enforce it and why not, they have their own pool with a super cool water slide. On top if that they have a rock climbing station for all levels of ability. The pool staff is friendly and if you need anything they will get it.

Golf-not a golfer but I can see the course from my room and it's very nice.

Private island- the bomb. Bring the kiddies and enjoy a day at the beach with white sand and the blue of the Gulf of Mexico.

Rooms-if I have only one complaint is that it is late July and it's hot. The room thermostat says you can get it as low as 65 but it never felt that way. Either way the rooms were comfortable.

Prices/spa- day pass is worth every cent of the $25. However, depends on what budget you are on. We are definitely hard working middle class but the spa treatments were out of our range but if you can afford it, then go for it if you have it!

Rooms have a fridge that you can store whatever you want. If you have google maps them you can get to a Publix or Fresh Market within minutes if you don't want to spend money on resort prices because you will pay for that but......vacation is what you make it. The workout facility is great. They have up to date equipment when it seems a lot of resorts are not up keeping theirs. They have three ellipticals that work great and measure an accurate heart rate/calories. About five treadmills and a room for weight equipment which is quite efficient open 24 hours. There is a sitting place for everyone around this place. We would absolutely recommend this place to anyone anytime. I want to thank the staff for being so professional and helpful. Goes a long way these days!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank oiler89
Dear Oiler89,

Thank you for a fantastic review! We're so happy that you enjoyed your vacation with us. We greatly appreciate the photographs you shared and the kind words to our staff. We look forward to welcoming you - and the grandchildren - here at the resort very soon.
Odessa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

To be honest, I really enjoy Hyatt hotels and make a point to stay there when convenient. Nevertheless, although this hotel was comfortable, it had some surprising and disappointing flaws. First, I did not use any of the amenities as I only stayed there for two nights, so I will not speak to them here as others have. But as for my room, there were a few things that made it less than comfortable. First, the shower head was improperly installed, and either needed to be tightened or have Teflon tape put on the threads, because each time we used the shower, it would spray a small stream of water around the bathroom no matter how you adjusted it. We also could not figure out how to change the spray head from the massage to spray feature. The clock radio was way off time, and so I did not trust that it worked at all so did not try to set the time. Instead, I called for a wake up call for my morning business meeting. I did not get the wake up call, but luckily woke up at my normal time and was not late. It was very odd, since I have travelled all over Europe and never once has any hotel failed to honor the wake up call, and yet I come to Hyatt and they don't do it? Oddly, they did call me at that time the next morning, although I did not ask for a call that morning.

Nevertheless, the hotel is very clean and the staff is all very helpful (except that wake up call). I am putting this down to be a fair review, however, it does not substantially detract from my future use of Hyatt, as I have had wonderful stays at other Hyatts, and this one as well several years ago. I still recommend them

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lexaqua
Dear Lexaqua
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort. We're very happy that you chose to stay with us again during your visit to Southwest Florida and we thank you for your continued preference of the Hyatt brand. Thank you for sharing with us those important things that did not meet your expectation. Our engineering team has fixed the small spritz of water from the shower head and housekeeping has corrected the time on the alarm clock. We thank you for your recommendation of the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.
Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

Very nice room and the facility has multiple excellent restaurants and close to challenging restaurants. Very accommodating to our needs. The staff are very friendly. Close to major shopping facility and excellent restaurants. The right room gives a beautiful view.

1 Thank JohnBHere
HRCPSocialMediaMgr, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you very much for a great review of the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort. We're very happy that you enjoyed all of the resort's offerings and our location near major shopping, dining and entertainment. We look forward to your next visit to our tropical paradise.
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Whether you're on business, looking for an extended vacation, or a getaway weekend, this premium resort has it all. Set between Naples and Fort Myers in an up -and -coming town of Bonita Springs on Estero Bay sits the gem. Confined to a relatively smaller location, the design and layout offer exquisite lounging areas which are as private as you may need or as obvious as you need to be seen may demand. Kids and concomitant noise are also separated from adult areas and a splendid waterfall cascading into one of the pools provides an ambient hush.
Meals, while a little pricey, are befitting the tropical locale and upscale vibe..many choices onsite are available with the Tarpon Bay as our personal favorite.
The staff are so pleasant and accommodating from arrival to checkout...they really exude exceptional personal customer service..they know who you are and whatever your preferences may be are met with attentiveness not intrusiveness..a perfect combination. Every interaction from guest services, housekeeping, front desk, valet, all servers in all the eateries, concierge etc. are top notch trained. Kudos for the continuous quality improvements which are noteworthy from many prior stays.

1 Thank lapeach08
Thank you for a truly stellar review of the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort. Our staff takes great pride in providing exceptional Hyatt brand service to all of our guests. We strive to create a memorable experience each and every time. We're so pleased that you enjoyed all of the resort's amenities and restaurants. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Tampa Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

While attending a professional conference this weekend, housekeeping returned my used, dirty coffee cups to the coasters as clean, when in fact, they were the same, unwashed dirty cups. This was unexpected at a resort of this type. This presents a SIGNIFICANT HEALTH risk. I can't begin to express my disappointment when I found that both of my dirty, used, coffee cups had been replaced without having been taken out of the room and replaced with cups that had been washed/sanitized. Further, cups and glasses are placed face down on the leather coasters IN THE BATHROOM (imagine the atomized particles and bacteria living on those dirty leather coasters with old rings on the surface?). I saw the Documentary about dirty hotel glasses I-team Undercover Video on You Tube (Dirty Secrets About Hotel Drinking Glasses) where they put hidden camera in hotels and capture housekeeper wipe glasses with blue spray cleaner rather than removing them and washing them. They marked their glasses with lipstick and video footage revealed that dirty cups were rinsed out and returned Roy Costa, a Public Health expert interviewed on the documentary reveals all of the diseases one can obtain by this procedure (staff infection, e. coli, herpes, flesh eating bacteria, hepatitis, etc.). These are CLEAR CODE VIOLATIONS according to a Cobb County Health Inspecter, Tom Campbell on that documentary. Ever since I saw that documentary, I always mark my used glasses with lipgloss. I have NEVER, until my stay at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, found my lipgloss-marked cups returned as if they were clean. Imagine my HORROR when I found my lipgloss-smudged, dirty coffee cups returned as clean on those dirty leather coasters!!! They were the same glasses, but the lip gloss was smudged as though they'd been quickly rinsed, or perhaps wiped, but DEFINETLY NOT CLEANED or SANITIZED. I took the lipgloss smudged, dirty cups to the desk manager and explained what had occurred. I showed him the dirty glasses with the smudged lipgloss inside and out, as though they had been quickly wiped down and left as clean. The manager apologized and assured me that housekeeping would bring me fresh cups and glasses. I specifically asked him to have them leave the cups face up, OUTSIDE of the bathroom by the coffee pot, and REMOVE the dirty, ring-ridden leather coasters from my room entirely. God only knows what bacteria are on those leather coasters. When I returned to my room, I found the new cups FACE DOWN ON THE GERM RIDDEN COASTERS. Horrified, I returned to the manager at the front desk. He apologized again, and essentially said that he had instructed housekeeping not to put the cups face down on the leather coasters. He stated that he would go speak with the housekeeping manager personally because the problem hadn't been corrected even after having been brought to his attention. In my opinion, this seemed like an externalization of blame; although the manager appears to have attempted to correct the situation. The failure to follow through appears to have been with the housekeeping department. That said, in my opinion, something like this should never occur at any hotel, much less one of this caliber. A beautiful world-class hotel, but with FRIGHTENING HOUSEKEEPING practices. It begs the question of what other corners are cut by the housekeeping staff when supposedly cleaning your room. Sadly disappointed in Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa. Otherwise, the hotel is beautiful, the restaurants are WONDERFUL, the staff is generally kind and attentive, the pools are a tropical paradise, etc. I can't wrap my mind around the possibility that these potential code violations (not sure what the code is in that county) are putting my health at risk given that the housekeeping staff did not provide clean cups that had been sanitized in a dishwasher. Pretty frightening. One other aspect of my stay I had a hard time with: they do not provide complimentary valet parking for mobility impaired guests with a Disabled Placard. PGA resort in Palm Beach Gardens will not charge guests for Valet parking with a valid Disabled Placard. I believe all Resorts should accommodate guests with disabilities in this manner. Shame on Hyatt Regency Coconut Point. Dr. Y.C. Leon, Tampa,FL

5 Thank Calalillyrose
Thank you very much for sharing this valuable feedback with us. We also find the experience you detailed quite unacceptable. We've addressed the situation with our management staff for immediate correction and staff training and have communicated with you privately to learn more and express our apologies.

We appreciate that you shared this information with us so that we may correct these errors. We also appreciate that you shared the positive experiences you enjoyed at the resort including the atmosphere, restaurants and our kind and attentive staff. We've provided you with a personal contact should your travel plans bring you back to the resort in the future. We would be delighted at the opportunity to welcome you back.
Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is the second time we stay at this hotel and never gets dissapointed. Great service and friendly staff. This the second year we go to celebrate our anniversary and probably go again next year. The food at the restaurants is very good. The pools are amazing, rooms are spacious and clean. It is a gem!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pbrussi
Thank you PBrussi for a fantastic review. We're so happy you both joined us again for your anniversary. We're very happy that you enjoyed our friendly staff, the restaurants and all of the amenities at the resort. We look forward to welcoming you both for your next anniversary.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bonita Springs
Old Naples
Hyatt House Naples
Hyatt House Naples
#4 of 59 in Naples

Been to Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!