So I took the wife and not-quite-two year old daughter to spend some quality time for 7 nights at this luxury resort. I loved the free parking, and the big, clean lobby... 1st impression is great.
The greeting with a glass of champagne while checking in... even better. went straight to our room on the 11th floor (a little too close to the elevator as we heard it all night - but it wasn't too bothersome).
The crib showed up at our room about 5 minutes later and looked clean and cute, they even threw in some baby essentials like soap, lotion, comb, blanket, etc without our request. Nice.
I'll say the crib itself was rather flimsy, kinda reminiscent of what you'd see in the hospital but it did the job nonetheless.
Anytime we called the front desk with any request or question, we were greeted with a GREAT attitude and PROMPT service.
Overall I was more than satisfied with the room and the staff.
The restaurants were also better than I had expected. We dined at all but the seafood restaurant and were all pleased with both the meals and service. Yes these are resort prices, but this is a resort so as long as you enter into it with the correct expectation, you'll not be disappointed.
There are 3 pools and 2 hot tubs which was great. We spent most of our time at the family pool which had a zero entry side for our baby who enjoyed it. We saw the bigger kids enjoying the big water slide, and some of the not-so-big kids enjoying the little water slide. Great variety and certainly something for everyone. I did notice the adult pool was much more relaxed and there was a 'waterfall' pool with basically a big fountain pouring into the pool from above. Lots of people liked this but unfortunately our 2YO wasn't interested.
When the hotel was full (it was for part of our stay) the search for lounge chairs/umbrellas can get competitive. It might be a good idea to provide some more umbrellas to make it less of an issue. We did try the beach. It's a bit of a trek to get there... 5 minute walk down the pier through the swamp... wait for the shuttle boat... 15 minute ride to the beach... 5 minute walk from that pier to the beach itself.
But I must say although the sand was a bit shelly... it was a great beach.
Clean, quiet, with staff managing the umbrellas, and bathrooms. We even saw some dolphins swimming right by us in the water.
As far as the area, there's really not much going on in Bonita Springs, but you're about 20 minutes away from both Naples and Ft Myers which both have plenty to do. We spent most of our (non-resort) time in Naples and enjoyed it.
We also visited the spa and fitness room in the hotel. The fitness room was great... much better than my local gym.
I enjoyed my massage, but the wife REALLY enjoyed hers.. said she'd go back just for that.
One of the little things this hotel does that is a little "above and beyond" was the new Hyatt Mascots. There are 2 GIANT Newfoundland dogs in the lobby just sitting there for guests to pet, hug, or just gawk at. Their trainor was so pleasant and gracious and these dogs just let the kids pet them, sit on them, hug them, all day without even flinching. My daughter woke up every day yelling to go downstairs to see Hoss and Honey Bear.
All in all, this hotel is certainly not central to anything but itself, but my guess is if you're looking to come here, that's just fine for you. I'm sure your family will enjoy the hotel, the food, and most of all, the service that the staff provides. Great job Hyatt!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa... where tropical gardens, warm breezes and sparkling waters of Florida's gulf coast create a casually elegant retreat for leisure vacations, business conferences and any occasion. Your aquatic adventure is here with extraordinary resort amenities including five waterslides, four pools, a lazy river, beach on an island offshore, wildlife preserve and more. Watersports rentals, kayaks, fishing and day cruises are available. Five restaurants and bars including a coffee shop and marketplace, seafood restaurant, American restaurant, cocktail lounge and outdoor restaurant and pool bar will satisfy your cravings throughout the day. Rejuvenate at Stillwater Spa, a full service spa with massage, facial and body treatments as well as a full beauty salon. With 82,500 square feet of flexible meeting space featuring two ballrooms, numerous banquet rooms, and abundant outdoor locations, we can accommodate gatherings from 20 to over 1,400 people. Whether large or small, each event is enhanced with innovative catering, impeccable service and state-of-the-art technology. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Hotel Bonita Springs
- Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Bonita Springs
- Hyatt Bonita Springs