WINNER WONDERLAND

Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Bonita Springs
GreenLeadersGold level
Hanover, PA
“Second time even better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

After a previous enjoyable stay last winter we came back for an extended ten day booking in February 2013. As seasoned travelers we have stayed in many high end hotels and resorts and I must say that the Hayatt at Coconut Point ranks among the best that we have experienced. The lush tropical grounds are beautiful and well maintained. The service is impeccable. The food and drinks are a bit pricey, but not out of line given the quality of the menu and the lovely restaurant facilities. As an added bonus, the guest rooms have been renovated since our stay last year and new furnishings have been added. Another added feature with the renovation is free wi-fi throughout the rooms and grounds.

This is not an intimate resort and the property is quite extensive. However, there is an adult pool area which is great for quiet reading, sunning and swimming. The kid's pool and play area is located separately to allow the little ones to enjoy themselves without disturbing other guests. Bicycle usage is included in the daily resort fee as are numerous other activities such as ping-pong, a rock climbing wall, a fire pit for chilly evenings and a putting green. Walking and jogging trails are immediately accessible from the front lobby. The lovely beach is located on a private island requiring a ten minute boat ride. Self parking is free and valet parking is available.

The property was booked completely full during much of our stay and the staff managed to stay cheerful and composed despite the busy season. The staff is obviously well trained and do their best to make each guest feel comfortable.

The Hyatt at Coconut Point is a wonderful place to spend a vacation in the warm winter climate of southwestern Florida. We will be back for another stay, no doubt.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank B Bob C
HRCPTvlManager, Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you B Bob for the wonderful review, and we are so pleased to see that we made an even bigger impression the second time around during your winter retreat from PA. We really enjoyed reading how you were able to enjoy most, if not all, of the activities that we have here on the property. Also, we are happy to see that we surprised you with our newly renovated rooms! We thank you for your continued support of our hotel and we are looking forward to seeing you & your family again next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Having just returned from a 4 day seminar/convention I have to say that I was extremely pleased with my stay. The resort was spotless and the grounds were wonderfully maintained. I received excellent service from Jenn at the front desk to Terry in the Tanglewood Restaurant to name a few. My room was newly renovated, clean and the beds slept great. There is a nice bar inside the hotel and for cigar lovers a well stocked humidor where you could enjoy a cigar on one of the nice lounge chairs out back or all along side the water fountains which are beautifully lit at night. There is also a fire pit located towards the back of the grounds and the coffee shop sells Smores kits so if you have kids this would be a fun activity for them. There are several outdoor pools including an adult lap pool, a waterfall pool and even one with a water slide. The pool hours are from dawn to dusk but I saw many people swimming and in the hot tub even after hours. I enjoyed the spa once for a 50 minute deep tissue massage and was pleased with my experience, a nice feature of this spa is they also have a Eucalyptus Steam room. I didn't have time to enjoy a round of golf or to take the ferry to their private island but maybe next time I'll bring my wife & kids for a long weekend getaway.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Guide4FamilyOf4
It was a pleasure reading about your recent stay with us and we thank you for sharing with all our friends here on Trip Advisor. It looks as though you were able to experience a lot of the amenities here on property whether at leisure or during your conference. We will be sure to let Jenn & Terry know that they made a great impression and we do hope that you will visit us again soon!
Crown Point, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

First, let me say that the staff at this hotel is great. I had only positive experiences with each and every person I spoke with. The pool area is beautiful and the servers there are great. I also must comment on the valet staff that offered me a cold water every day when I came panting up to the front doors after a jog. Also, the towel lady and really every service person went out of their way to be helpful.The rooms were very nice and the grounds are well kept. The service people here are excellent---from the pool man to the bellman---they are clearly well trained.
The location is great---we were here for a business meeting and there is a shopping area within 2 miles of the hotel and the Mirimar Outlets are close as is the Ft. Myers Airport. There is a complimentary boat that takes you to a beach area on the Gulf since the property is not directly located on the Gulf--we really liked the beach area and the boat ride and captains.
However, the food here is mediocre. I am only writing of the pool bar food---this is the only place I ate on the property outside of the convention fare which is always just okay and I guess----institutional and that is how I viewed the convention food. My rating reflects the food and the very high cost for food and drinks. Keep in mind that this resort is off by itself so you are kind of a captive food/drink audience. It isn't that the food is awful---but the overpricing is. The pool bar was also disappointing.
In particular, the Mojitos. The Mojito description says they have mint that is muddled---but the mint leaves were floating uncrushed in my glass. In addition, there was clearly 7-up in the mojito---not soda and lime---I guess I expect a Mojito in Florida to be good---but the alcoholic drinks were ALL disappointing. The Hyatt clearly needs to retrain its bartenders to use a uniform and appropriate methodology in its mixology....Again, the pool area food is extremely mediocre and overpriced. The servers are wonderful and I was impressed that they seemed to know when to leave you alone and when to ask if you needed help---the red flags helped.
So my review in a nutshell is the hotel rooms, grounds, pool, and almost every detail is good----but the food is a miss---and when you are a captive audience and a guest who does not want to go off property for meals this takes off points---if you stay here do not eat or drink here....I would look to find a place that makes better use of its location with more reasonably priced and tastier food and alcoholic drinks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pools.
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lapope501
HRCPTvlManager, Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us. We are happy to read that the service was excellent and the overall hotel accommodations were satisfactory. We will address the issues that you had mentioned regarding your poolside service at our outside restaurant and will discuss the matters with our staff. Our apologies that we could not earn your five-star rating and hope that you will come back again soon and let us "wow" you with our amazing food and poolside service again.
Princeton, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed here Feb. 16-21 and we LOVED it - The resort is a little piece of heaven on earth - the grounds were amazing - always something to do... Free Ferry rides over to their private island ... The boardwalk in the refuge was amazing - all the pools and beauty - always a place to sit - food is awesome... Starbucks coffee :) The rooms are so beautiful - with BREATHTAKING views!!! I am already planning my next stay!!! You can't go wrong with this resort - clean, comfy - the BEST and I am sort of picky!!! Thank you!!! Staff is GREAT!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the parking lot (but even if you get stuck there - still beautiful views a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
The best resort? Well thank you very much! We were so excited to read your review and cannot wait to share it with our staff. We are very much looking forward to your next visit here in beautiful Bonita Springs!
Tustin, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband attended a conference and I was able to tag along. He was there for business I was there for some much needed R & R. When we checked in we were told the standard king room we booked were sold out so all they had left were 2 queens or 1 queen rooms. But then he said just a minute I think I can get you into a Presidential Suite which he did and it was AMAZING. He then offered us a welcome glass of champagne or mimosa which I happily abliged and he came back with a whole bottle of champagne and a container of oj, saying there wasn't an open bottle so why don't we just take the whole thing. The room was awesome, coffee bar, cocktail bar, dining room, living room, powder room, bathroom, dressing room and separate bed room. The corner room had a view of the thumbnail pic above and side view down the coast. It also had 4 balconies that were all amazing. The food was delicious, every staff member we met went above and beyond to assist us - minus the starbucks staff member she looked like she wasn't a morning person to put it gently. I enjoyed the adult pool since we left our kids at home and the service could have been quicker but they were very accomodating. I highly recommend the pine island salad from the Tanglewood restaurant - delish! My hubby and I couldn't get enough of it. Concierge was great and very helpful. I wish I had gone to the spa but I was so content with my cocktail and book at the pool I couldn't be disturbed with arranging an appointment. I highly recommend this hotel. My hubby raved about the food during his conference and was so excited he was able to see at gator on the golf course. He let that ball go....

Room Tip: choose a room away from the elevators. Although our room was amazing we could hear the hum of the e...
1 Thank gossimer02
We were very pleased to read about your recent visit with us! It looks as though you were able to enjoy many of the amenities that we have here on the property and that your husband's conference was a success. We will certainly address the guest services issues that you addressed so that we can continue to improve. We sure hope that you will be able to visit again soon and get in one of the treatments at our Stillwater Spa.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Beautiful facility and grounds. Plenty to do and see. Staff provided great friendly service. The conference dinners were held outside and it was fantastic. The trolley provided easy access to the marina and golf course. The hotel is pet friendly. The employees are easy to find and happy to answer any questions.

Room Tip: Room facing the bay.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We were delighted to read about your recent stay with us last week and are happy to know that your conference was a success! We hope that you will visit us again soon whether on business again or at your leisure. We will have the sunshine and champagne waiting.
Aurora, Ontario,Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you get a chance to go to the Still Water Spa I had the most incredible deep tissue massage from Carlos felt like a million bucks after that :) worth every penny!.
Resort was beautiful the staff was exceptional and were very helpful. The pools are great and they have an adult area and a children's area which is a nice option. The food was good at the restaurants as well and if you are just wanting some pool side lunch the sandwiches are very good and really filling.
Got to see some Dolphins when we took the ferry to the beach the boat ride was nice the beach was ok small and there was red tide and warnings for Sting Rays so did not go in the water. Also if you do plan to go to the beach pack drinks and food the restaurant was not operational.
All in all the property is very well maintained staff is always cleaning and up keeping all the gardens the rooms were very nice. We would love to come back .

• Stayed February 2013
Hyatt House Naples
#2 of 59 in Naples
Trianon Bonita Bay
#4 of 15 in Bonita Springs

Been to Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!