“Unbelievable service! Great stay!”

Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Bonita Springs
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 23, 2007

As you approach this hotel after sundown, it looms before you on Coconut Road like a golden castle in the distance. The illusion remains as you approach, and the valet takes your keys, Dick the world's friendliest bellman takes your bags, and you are greeted by kind and efficient front desk personnel. I travel a LOT for business, and can honestly say I've never stayed anywhere with better service. My only problem with the place is that it looks so opulent that people meeting me about business for my nonprofit organization gave me raised eyebrows about the luxurious accomodations, but the price I paid on Hotwire.com for this place was less than the Holiday Inn Express in Naples that week! I felt compelled to explain this all the time! Hands down, the best deal I've ever made on the internet.

Stayed: December 2007
5  Thank Roja42
Write a ReviewReviews (3,045)

Reviewed December 5, 2007

This is a beautifull resort. Nicely landscaped with 3 separated pools of which one is mainly used by families. Rooms are beautifull but if you get a room on the side of the building, you might be looking at the roof of the conference centre. Not a pretty sight. You won't be spending a lot of time on the balcony in that case.

There seems to be an issue with no-see-ums (small mosquitoes) in the summer but we didn't have any big problems with them. But you will probably get bitten in the early or late hours.

The exercise room is great. Lot's of modern equipment and well maintained.

The hotel has a private island. The hotel's shuttle boat will get you there in 20 min. The trip alone is worth the visit. Be advised that the boat is not in operation during low tide.

A downside of this hotel: during our stay there weren't many guests in the hotel. This gave the hotel a bit of a cold atmosphere.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Elmer&Lizette
Reviewed December 5, 2007

My husband and I have been here for 4 days and are sad to be leaving tomorrow. All of the reviews have been on the money -- hotel is lovely, staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. Just wanted to add a few helpful hints. If you are AAA members, you can get a 10% discount and a free buffet breakfast every morning. The breakfast is excellent and very relaxing, especially if you dine outdoors on the terrace. Also, if you get the "king view" room, make sure to request an odd-numbered floor. They have balconies with chairs and a table. The even floors only have "step-out" balconies.

Other than breakfast, we have not eaten in the hotel. There is a very large, outdoor mall at the end of the street that has a dozen restaurants, ranging from the more upscale to more casual and all of them also had outdoor seating.

If you are outdoor enthusiasts, I highly recommend 2 activities. We went to Lovers Key and rented kayaks. It was serene and incredibly beautiful. Another day we went to Sanibel Island and rented bikes at Finnimore's ($10 for 4 hours for a 7-speed bike) and biked through the Wildlife Refuge. Great scenery and very tranquil.

We really enjoyed coming here and would love to come back again.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
8  Thank debandjon
Reviewed November 12, 2007

I stayed at the Hyatt as part of a conference. It was a last minute trip and I was only there for 2 days to work part of the conference. Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to check out the spa or really walk around the property.

When I checked in, the staff was very courteous and offered me a glass of champagne. I had my rental valet parked, although if I return to the resort again, I will definitely self-park. However, the valet staff was efficient and the bell staff quick. Instead of following me up to my room, they handed me a ticket and said to call when I was ready for my bags.

The bellman who delivered my luggage was very informative. He gave me a quick tour of my room, then explained that there was an ice machine down the hall but no vending. The coffee shop in the lobby was open 24 hrs though. He even pointed out the fire exits, which was a first for me in my travels.

The room was spacious and clean. The bedding was very comfortable and I had lots of extra pillows. A large desk made working in the room a whole lot easier and, best of all, FREE INTERNET! As a business traveller, I can't tell you how much I appreciate something as simple as that. Other perks included a DVD player for the TV and an alarm clock that I could plug by iPod into.

The bathroom was large and well appointed. The amneties were very nice and there were plenty of towels. When you entered the room, there was a credenza to the left with the mini-coffee machine. Inside the credenza was a mini-fridge that was clean and cold.

I ordered room service the first night and the food was delivered promptly. I had breakfast at the coffee cafe, which has a nice selection of beverages, fruits, snacks, sandwiches, etc. (think minimart with a coffee bar). The prices were reasonable for a resort.

I shared drinks at the Mangrove bar, which was somewhat crowded and the service slow. Dinner at the steak/seafood restaurant was excellent. The food was fun and fresh and our waitress was very courteous.

The business center was close to the meeting areas, which was very nice. The team working the counter was polite and even chased some kids off a computer so I could print some documents.

As I mentioned, I didn't have time to check out the fitness center or book a treatment in the spa.

When I went to check out at 6 a.m. for my early flight, the staff were bright and cheerful.

I will definitely stay here again when I'm in the Naples/Bonita Springs area.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
5  Thank Belasaria
Reviewed November 9, 2007

Stayed 20/10-25/10. Booked a Regency Club room. Arrived late at night to find only one person on reception, also trying to answer the phone at same time as checking us in. However, he gave us a gulf-view room, so I wasn't complaining!

Hotel beautifully situated, at end of road about a mile from Tamiami Trail. Gulfside separated from gulf lagoon by mangrove swamp, and to south by small lake, with fountain.

Did valet parking first night, then self-parked, which included undercover parking, and was not a problem

Room good size, and access to Regency Club lounge most welcome. More than enough for breakfast, and nice to have drinks and snacks in evening!

Took boardwalk to marina on first morning and immediately saw dolphins, no more than 30 feet away. Took hotel ferry to beach later on and saw more dolphins and several types of birds, including ospreys! Beach a disapppointment, with tide up, not much beach, and a very officious lady attendant on duty - you have been warned!

Food excellent in Tarpon Bay restaurant. Also good at Corkscew, by pool. Another warning here, if you are afraid of birds, this restaurant may not be for you! They await in a mob, and pounce at every opportunity. Hotel making every effort to control them.

Several pools, but best was the one that the water slide flows into. More than enough beds and parasols.

Staff not over-friendly, but not rude either!

Will defintely return.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jf1949
Reviewed November 6, 2007

Stayed here for a corporate retreat. The outside of the building does not give it justice at all. The rooms are excellent, great shape. Amenities were plentiful. Had 3 different treatments in the spa. The golf club on the property has a great restaurant and is an added plus. Most importantly, the staff were like family. They couldn't do enough for you. None of the attitude that you find at the Ritz, with all the same amenities and quality at a lot less money. Would definitely come here again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank StephenRMorse
Reviewed November 2, 2007

We have stayed at the Hyatt Kauai and this one is just as good!! Gorgeous tropical resort. The children loved the corkscrew water slide. Kids also get to use the fabulous lazy river at the adjoining Hyatt property. While there is no beach, taking the Hyatt boat to the island proved to be a special adventure with great shelling for children. The food was world class including real food for kids who like fish and veggies just like their parents. Top this off with a fire every evening and the makings for "some mores" ready to purchase and the kids were entertained for days without every needing to leave the two Hyatt properties. Parents can rest in high level of luxury and have a true resort experiences while the kids have fun too! A rare combination and Hyatt does this best.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
Edgewater Beach Hotel
#11 of 59 in Naples
Lovers Key Resort
#6 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach

Been to Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!