“Spectacular”

Bonita Beach & Tennis Club
Burlington, VT
“Spectacular”
Reviewed April 20, 2011

We spent 2 glorious weeks in UNIT 2703 for our Florida getaway (from snowy Vermont!).
The unit has been completely rennovated, fully equipped (including washer & dryer), and clean. Owners are very congenial and responsive. Our experience exceeded expectations.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FiddleLover

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Massachusetts
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I personally visited bonita beach & tennis club to book a room for a family member coming into town. I was told there are various units for let at various rates. i was shown a beautiful unit, all new everything, great view etc etc. i was also told i could rent this specific unit naturally at the highest price. I decided to rent it, I paid in full in advance and it was chrystal clear I was going to get that specific unit.
Never heard a word from them again and looked forward to showing my family member the nice room I got them. You can guess where this going. On check in day we were put in a different unit far less attractive, lesser view, spare accomadations etc etc.
I got the usual excuse filled ridiculous run around about the situation. Naturally the clerk was very sorry. But no I did no get a reduced. No I did not get a phone call and no I did not read the fine print in the agreement that said Rooms could be changed at managements discretion. This was not told to me during booking and the information was only made available after the unit was paid.
Overall just a sour experience. I was greeted with pleasent smiles and told I would get the beautiful specific unit I was shown. I paid in full in advance. Then upon arrival you get treated like crap. Thanks Bonita Beach tennis & Beach club, we won't be back. If you are considering staying there be forewarned about what they promises and what they deliver. Scott B Massachusetts & Bonita Beach

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
14 Thank ScottMassachusetts
detroit, mi
Reviewed August 23, 2008

We just returned from an absolutely amazing 2 week trip in August 2008 to Bonita Beach, Florida. We stayed in room 3706 at the Bonita Beach and Tennis Club and have to admit we fell in love with it. The room is newly remodeled and furnished with brand new appliances and wonderful décor. The view from the balcony is breathtaking watching dolphins play in the ocean during the day and a beautiful sunset every night. The room is a stones throw from the beach has 2 big pools downstairs. Having the beach bar Doc's across the street is a plus, get the pizza it's very good. To our surprise the owner left us the keys to his personal vehicle to use as we wished. We took the short drive to Ft. Myers Beach as well as to Naples and they both were well worth it. If you plan on staying in or near Bonita Beach I highly recommend staying in room 3706 at the Bonita Beach and Tennis Club.

• Liked — The room was incredible. The amazing view of the ocean and a totally renovated room defiantly made our trip.
  • Disliked — We only had 2 weeks, wish we could have stayed longer.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank filmpro56
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2008

I would characterize BB&T as an active Senior condo complex. Condos are well equiped, 500sq ft efficiencies (studio apartments) with balconies (ours had a fantastic view of the Gulf with spectacular sunsets). Tennis (fee to play), 2 pools, billards, bocce, horse shoes, shuffle board and free DVD rentals. Had to go to the Lobby to get wireless internet connection. Buildings are directly across the street from public beach access - beach is very nice - great shelling and saw dolphins swimming by twice. Our unit was nicely decorated and on the 10th (top floor) in building 2 (bldg 1 and 2 are slightly closer to the beach). Plenty of restaruants (including "diner" in the complex and Doc's across the street) and shopping nearby. Fantastic price for the accomodations - can not be beat!

• Liked — Great location, condo and quiet
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Love2travel21_8
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 12, 2007

Let me first state that I am not hard to please when it comes to accomodations. I expected a place that had "beach and tennis club" in it's name to be somewhat nice, but the condos were dated and run-down. We rented the condo through ResortQuest, who we will NEVER rent from again. We were asked to notify them if we would be checking in later than 5 pm. I called the morning we were to arrive to let them know it would be later than 5 since our flight didn't arrive till much later. I was told our key would be in an after hours check-in box. We arrived at the BB&TC at 9:30 pm with no key to be found. When we FINALLY got a hold of someone at the answering service, they had to send someone from 20 miles away to come bring us a key to the condo. We were asked to come back down the following morning to complete check-in--when we went down the next morning there was no one working at the counter. We never "checked in" the entire time we were there.----Also, if you are staying in tower 1 or 2 the beach is close, if you are in tower 5 you are MUCH farther away. My advice is if you have small children and are looking for a place that has lots for the kids to do and actual easy beach access, go to the PINK SHELL in Ft. Myers. Their condos are much nicer as well.

Stayed June 2007
10 Thank traveler963852
lawrenceville,ga
Reviewed July 29, 2006

We are just back from a week at the Bonita Beach and Tennis.
It is RIGHT across from the beach and a quick walk! The beach is lovely and not at all crowded right now...we were told it is packed during the winter and spring break. The water had RED TIDE earlier this week and that was disappointing but when it cleared out, you could see down to your toes from your chest....gorgeous!
The resort is older but adequate. They are doing an extensive exterior renovation. We got an awesome rate from
[--] and met a couple who paid TWICE what we paid ( through resort quest) on a lower floor...we were on the 8th floor.Our unit had 2 dbl beds and a sofa sleeper. We probably would like to have more room with our daughter. There was a sliding partian to separate the rooms but only 1 air unit and this made it uncomfortable in the bedroom. Only 1 TV too. Good choice for couples and families with small children. Our room had a nice view and since we got such a good price we were quite happy. The pool was spotless and there are grills near the tennis courts. Shopping close by.
Don't miss Anthony's on the Gulf in Ft. Meyers Beach...delicious and wonderful view!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — small room
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
5 Thank motherjanegoose
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 24, 2006

We stayed in a condo for our honeymoon and it was WONDERFUL! The only complaint was that there was a non-refundable ($50?) fee for incidentals. I asked the clerk about it and she said it was in case we broke anything. So then I asked her if I should just break the $50 worth of stuff I was entitled to... I got a dirty look. But seriously, our condo was GORGEOUS! Everything was included, only bad thing is that you have to pay extra for turn-down/maid service. KEEP IN MIND: there is free gas grills on site (gas provided). Fishing behind on the bay is FREE (no permit needed on private grounds), my husband caught a stingray back there (bring your own fishing tackle)! Doc's- the restaurant across the street- serves excellent fresh seafood- we had the Mahi Mahi, YUM! It was just a gorgeous honeymoon, only thing I would do different next time is request a room facing the ocean. Within walking distance of the beach (less than 1 block). Publix (grocery) is about a mile or so away, maybe farther. I would also highly recommend eating at a Cheeseburger Cheeseburger for excellent 1950's style food - choose which size of burger you want, how you want it done, what you want on it (probably a choice of 20 toppings), homeade fries, and you've got to try an Orea shake- YUMMY!! It's a chain restaurant, there's several in the area. We wish we could have stayed longer!!!

• Stayed May 2005
Lovers Key Resort
#5 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach
North Naples
LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort

Been to Bonita Beach & Tennis Club? Share your experiences!