“Not fancy but good”

Taco Mix
Ranked #27 of 200 Restaurants in Bonita Springs
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We ate at Taco Mix because the reviews on TripAdvisor were very positive. The burrito was the best. The guacamole was delicious. The refried beans were great. They serve beer but no wine available. The place is very small and all the food is home made in the family kitchen. If I ever return to Bonita Springs I would look forward to eating at Taco Mix again.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

After a relaxing day at Captiva but famished from not eating anything all day, my spouse and I were on the lookout for some eats on our way back to Naples. We spotted this place and stopped. While it is a very informal place, the tacos were delicious! My favorite was the lamb and carnitas tacos. The woman behind the counter was very nice. We loved the tacos so much we decided to cancel dinner reservations elsewhere to eat here a second time! The only item I wasn't exited about was the guacamole, it was a bit bland. The prices were excellent. When we visit southwest FL, this place will be one of our first stops.

1  Thank ast66
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

We've been going to taco mix for 3 years now. It's small, a compete dive, family owned, and awesome! It's cheap and delicious. I recommend the pork fajitas. It's out of the way and you'll be apprehensive to go in, but do yourself and your taste buds a favor and just do it. Stay away from ground beef, it's not worth it.

1  Thank atrophaeus
Reviewed May 8, 2014

This is a place we visit every year when we are in Bonita Beach. It is an unassuming little restaurant with authentic Cuban/Mexican food and a casual atmosphere that appears to be family run. Our group of six (favorite restaurant of the two kids) had tacos, fajiatas and burritos. Everyone was very happy with their selection. Nothing fancy, just good! Muy bueno!

1  Thank jamamac
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

A local recommended this place for great tacos so my expectations were high and I was disappointed. I had the Mexican kitchen taco which was good but not great. I also ordered the fried germ plantains which seemed to be all fried batter and absolutely nothing inside. Husband had quesadilla and chicken taco which he also said was good but not great. Daughter had tostado which she said was outstanding. The inside of the restaurant matches the exterior which is not at all impressive but seemed clean. Staff was friendly but English is limited. I had hoped for a home made dessert but none of the 3 things on the menu were available, she said she didn't make any desserts today.