“Beautiful property”

Homewood Suites by Hilton - Bonita Springs
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Bonita Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Wonderful friendly staff , clean spacious rooms . We had breakfast and dinner with wine complimentary . The staff baked cookies and served them poolside . I just can't remember a better more relaxing vacation . The staff made the hotel such a friendly place that all the guests who gathered at meals were friendly and it made a wonderful atmosphere .

Room Tip: We had a two bed / two bath suite and it was like a apartment .
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Raven J, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton - Bonita Springs, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Thank you for staying with Homewood Suites by Hilton – Bonita Springs! Thank you for the wonderful feedback, we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations. Come back soon to enjoy some more of those pool side cookies!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Stayed for week vacation - very friendly and helpful front desk. Good breakfast selection however, did not eat any dinners there. Convenient location and a Publix located across the street. Room was well appointed, clean - used the kitchenette every morning for coffee. Bed was OK -, but air conditioner seemed a little loud. Was able to use one of their beach chairs for a couple of days - very helpful. This is a great hotel to stay for the money - will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: 4th floor was very quiet
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for staying with Homewood Suites by Hilton – Bonita Springs! Glad that we were able to be of convenience for you in a budget perspective. And we hope to get all the little detailed issues resolved, so we can your next stay an excellent one!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights. We has a 2 bed, 2 bath. Kids loved that the second room had 2 twins, so each kid got their own bed. We got the king size bed, which we loved.

Location: Near a major street, but situated far enough away that there was no traffic noise at all. There was a Publix and Burger King in walking distance. 10 minutes from Bonita Beach, 30 mins from Naples, 45 mins from Sanibel/Captiva, 45 mins to Everglades City (for airboat tours and the beautiful Big Cyprus National Preserve...a must see!) We didn't want to pay $$$ for a beach front location, had a car, and were planning to spending time in a variety of places, so this hotel was perfect for us.
Lots of restaurants, stores within 5 minute drive.

Room: Fantastic...large, airy, clean, modern. Nice bathrooms. Comfy beds and linens. Full kitchen. Very comfortable room.

Pool: Kids enjoyed it. Had a great patio, bathroom and grill as well. Nice to sit and chat while kids played in pool. No hot tub.

Food: Great breakfast, well stocked. Things did run out, but they restocked quickly. Staff was really awesome, friendly and hard working. We left them a big tip as a token of our appreciation. Got us milk as our kids like to drink 2% milk. Made us a bacon-free version of the eggs. We enjoyed the tea/coffee available all day in the to-go cups. They even had cling wrapped whole fruit available all day.
The complimentary dinner was fantastic...such a time and money saver. We hadn't planned on eating at the hotel, but the fresh salad, warm bread sticks, and yummy lasagna was too good to pass up after a long day out. Saved us so much time, money and effort by not going out again. Dinner was something different every evening (Monday-Thursday only), and each day we enjoyed it. It wasn't gourmet, but considering it was free, was was great.

Staff: Very friendly and helpful. Breakfast staff was awesome.

We had a few minor issues: Too many guests smoking at the hotel entrance in the evenings... yuck. I wish the smoking area was somewhere else. We used that back entrance to avoid the smokers in the evening.
We found one side entrance door to the hotel was not locking. Reported it to the front desk..hopefully they fixed it.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much and would return. It impressed me enough that I will prefer to book a Homewood Suites when we travel next.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with Homewood Suites by Hilton – Bonita Springs! Thank you for your positive feedback. It was a pleasure accommodating you and your family, and we are happy that you had a comfortable experience with us. It was a pleasure having you!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Excellent location and we loved our suite. So much more value than just a room with a bed and chair. It felt like a little apartment. Breakfast was a bonus and the four night per week dinner saved us about $200.00 in eating out. Food was very good and the staff was outstanding.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for staying with Homewood Suites by Hilton – Bonita Springs! We are so happy that you took the time to give use such awesome feedback. We really hope to have you back to our hotel in the future. It was a pleasure accommodating you!

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Worth every penny! Large, clean room. Housekeeping and front desk staff very helpful, especially Tina. She made my husband and I feel like we were at home. Complimentary breakfast and dinner was very convenient and delicious. Free wine for me and free Bud Light on tap for my husband! More than we could ever hope for! Pool isn't heated and no hot tub but we still enjoyed it. Weather didn't exactly cooperate but we spent about 2 hrs in the sun poolside. Hotel offers complimentary beach chairs and towels which is also convenient if you need them (we didn't) Publix and Dollar Tree located in the plaza across the street from the hotel so really good location and just a short drive to the beach! I can't wait until we stay there again. This trip was for our honeymoon and we really appreciated the privacy, peace and quiet of this fabulous hotel.

Room Tip: Book in advance
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with Homewood Suites by Hilton – Bonita Springs! We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that the weather will be better for your future visits, so you can have more time enjoying the sun poolside!

Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

We arrived shortly before dusk on Labor Day weekend as we were coming from the east coast of FL, just for a quick getaway. We booked a king suite on a high floor but got a queen studio on the second floor. We asked for what we paid for & they said the were all fully booked and had no more king suites but they would TRY to resolve the problem. Ok, so after waiting for a couple hours in this cramped, moldy smelling, icky feeling room; I decided to take a shower.......the drain was clogged with hair so the tub filled up quickly & the toilet seemed to be leaking. We called down again to see if they were able to get us a different room.......like what we paid for. So their solution was for us to take a handicap accessible king suite on the 1st floor because it had more living space for the kids.......which they said was an upgrade so they wanted us to pay an extra fee, which we did. We entered this "suite" and immediately, the same moldy odor was there! The bathroom looked as though it hadn't been cleaned in weeks & had bullet-like holes in the shower walls! The pullout couch had linens that hadn't been removed from the previous guests and no pillows. So we had to call for pillows and clean linens.........wait another 45 mins to get them to bring it. Did I mention the noise from all of these adolescents & kids yelling, cursing & constantly being in the hallway by the door?
Most upsetting was, in the morning when we left.......after 45mins of driving, I realized I left my prescription DKNY sunglasses on the dresser. I immediately called the front desk, spoke to a 'Sean' who gave me a song & dance that they would send someone to secure it immediately & would mail it securely back to me. I re-iterated that these are my 'prescription' sunglasses & I would hate for them to be "misplaced" or go into 'Lost Land' aka someone's pocket or pocketbook, never to be seen again! He assured me he would email his general manager, the pope & Obama himself to ensure it was returned to me. It's now almost a month later and I have yet to receive my glasses in the mail or get a response to any inquiries we've made to their front desk staff after my departure. Why would someone steal prescription glasses anyway? I took a chance & stayed at this dump to save some money & after reading a few decent reviews, because I typically stay at the Hyatt Regency or Coconut Plantation which my kids love but I suppose I'm this case......you get what you pay for.
If all the other hotels in the area weren't sold out, I would've driven back home that same night!

Don't waste your time going to this place..........it really is a dump!

Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for staying with Homewood Suites by Hilton – Bonita Springs! We sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with our hotel. We see that you experienced a number of issues and by no means are any of them acceptable. As for recovering your glasses you may call and ask to speak to management. If they have not been mailed back to you, it may be because we never had them in the first place. If we had them we would take the proper steps in getting them returned to you. We are sorry that we could not make your stay more pleasant. We hope to have an opportunity in the future to change your opinion about our property.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

We did our research online and definitely chose this hotel as it is the #3 hotel in the area and it DID meet our expectations and beyond! We came late to check in on Friday night and needed a pack and play for our 1 year old boy. Lee, the front desk personel went out of her way to get one for us! Made my wife smile for sure! Equipped with a comfortable pillow and blanket for the baby too! Our one bedroom suite at the top floor was amazing overlooking the heated pool. Breakfast is outstanding! Everybody who stayed had an amazing time. The eating room had newspaper and also cable with flatscreen TV's! ESPN baby!!!! The hotel gave overheard us asking them about info on beaches and kid-friendly places to visit. They printed us places and also directions!!!! They gave us beach chairs and also a toy pail for my son. Later that evening, I surprised my wife with a nice chardonnay from Napa Valley wine. We did not have a bottle opener in hand or any in the room. When I called the front personel Tina, she told me to come down and she would open it for me with her personal wine bottle opener. She opened it in literally a second (faster than me opening it)!!! She told me that she was a bartender for many years and paid her way to college with it. Glad she was there!!!

Room Tip: Get the 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom IF you have a young child. We were able to enjoy the wine when the li...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with Homewood Suites by Hilton – Bonita Springs! We appreciate the wonderful feedback you have given us, and glad that you enjoyed the accommodations of our hotel and staff. It was truly a pleasure having you stay with us, and we hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you in the future!