“impressed”

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Bonita Springs
Wallingford, Connecticut
“impressed”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I thought this place was very nice disregarding what others said. The staff was friendly and the room was really nice. I did not find it outdated like others complained about and the beds were very comfortable and really clean. The breakfast was great for being included in the package that I would come back again to get the breakfast. Although the location was a distance from the beach it was available to restaurants around the area and the bus. The bus will take you down to the beach so it was not too bad being a little away from the beach. We walked to restaurants down the street because they were less than a mile away and easy to get to

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Talisha D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bonita Springs, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you SpringB_14 for your recent response! My team and I appreciate you giving us a chance despite what other reviews said. We are also delighted we were able to deliver a great experience during your recent trip to Bonita Springs. We look forward to seeing you again when you come back to Bonita Springs!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Tallahassee
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

I reserved two rooms on a work trip, and when we changed our travel dates, I forgot to change my reservations. Initially I was charged the cancellation fee for both rooms, but the manager quickly reimbursed me! I didn't have to give any explanation; she appreciated that I still chose to stay the week at the hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you Abbie F for your beautiful compliment! I understand mistakes sometimes happen when booking travel and I was delighted to help resolve the issue as quickly and painless as possible. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations and are happy we were able to do just that. We look forward to your next trip to Bonita Springs!!!
Ontario
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights after our cruise and before heading back north to the "cold". The hotel is quite dated and as I understand it have new owners, looking at what improvements it is going to need.The rooms were OK, but in need of updating. The beds were comfortable enough and the pillows the standard firm foam the HIE seem to use. Ice is only available down on the main floor in the laundry room. The pool area was nice and clean and has washrooms right there so you do not have to go to the lobby or your room if needed. Usual express breakfast was provided and the coffee was always available. The elevator is in need of an overhaul. It was very noisy and slow. It will be interesting to see what the improvements will be.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bonita Springs, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear DISTTHDR,

Ben J
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while in town for a wedding. When we checked in, we were told that we get 2 complimentary bottles of water a day. When we went to get our bottles, we were told nope, we are not part of the IHG club. When we explained the situation, front desk said no there is a vending machine. When I asked to speak to the manager, Latisha, she was very rude and hung up on me 6 times. Yes, a hotel manager hung up on me. Instead of being polite and explaining the policy she kept putting me on hold or simply hanging up. When I ask to speak to her boss, Latisha rudely said Jose does not want to talk to you. This was over 2 bottles of water!!!! I then called Holiday Inn Corporate and was told Latisha would call back and apologize within 45 minutes to an hour. Latisha NEVER called back. I called Corporate back and was assured Latisha would issue an apology. This never happened. The next morning, while in the lobby, a front desk clerk, Tasha came up to me and said we have water for you. She was not very friendly either. I didn’t want the water; all I wanted to know is how a manager in the customer service industry thinks it is ok to hang up on people.
Besides the TERRIBLE TERRIBLE customer service, the hotel was ok. While older it is not a bad place to stay in. The staff that did the breakfast in the morning was very friendly and I thought breakfast was well done. Unfortunately because of Latisha and Jose I will never stay with another Holiday Inn and I certainly do not recommend it to anyone. I made sure the entire wedding knew as well as the Hyatt Regency, where we moved to for a fourth night in the area. I also wrote a letter to the local news and paper. When checking out, there was a woman in a wheelchair that could not check in because the Hotel overbooked and gave away her handicap room and Tasha at the front desk was not being friendly nor apologetic AT all about it. I told the woman and her husband it was typical of this hotel. They were looking elsewhere for accommodations.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bonita Springs, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Jennifer S,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We have sent you a private message to address your concerns further.

Kind Regards,

Pam G

Travelers are raving about these Bonita Springs hotels

Corona, California
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Had a good stay here for one night but in no way is this HIE worth what I paid. It was your typical HIE....overall just average at a five star rate. Didn't like the fact that the floor I was on didn't have an ice machine and the elevator needs to be upgraded. Room I had did not have a desk in it and the TV didn't have a sleep timer. Rear parking lot not connected to the front parking area. Some minor upgrades are needed and they need to lower the price. For the money I spent, I could have gotten something closer to the beach.

Room Tip: Get a room on the west side to the north end....don't get the morning sun on the window on that...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bonita Springs, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear general5star1962,

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide impeccable customer service and accommodations. I am sorry to learn that the hotel amenities, rates and room accommodations was not how you expected it to be. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced caused by these issues. Your comments have been discussed with the appropriate department for necessary improvements.

Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to welcome you again in the near future and provide you with exceptional service and accommodations.

Zelyn N
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We too stayed at this property on Valentines weekend, 2014 however our experience was not as pleasant. We checked in on Friday evening and had no hot water until late on Sunday and matter of fact, had no water to our room (or the rest of the hotel!) at all on Sunday except to the toilet. Very nice staff and we were told to expect compensation upon checkout but when we checked out on Monday, a very different story. The woman who checked us out told us that as our stay was purchased as a vacation package there was little she could do and it was up to the airline to compensate us. Very disappointed. Would hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bonita Springs, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear crazycarol13,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept our sincere apology for the issues you experienced during your stay. We have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements to our service to ensure guests do not experience this in the future.

Thank you again for staying with us and providing us a valuable feedback.

Joel B
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed February 20, 2014

escaping the ny snow. great all around experience. clean neat. friendly. definitely recommend will stay here again in future. beautiful beach 3 miles away. dinner at coconut jacks will review them next.

• Stayed February 2014
Hello Ourjourneyhere!

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand and hope you will come back and see us again soon.