Review Highlights
Fantastic Manatee Sighting!!

This was an awesome kayak excursion. Tim was unbelievably knowledgeable and we so so many manatee I... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
victoriaaS3976DS
Singapore, Singapore
via mobile
Multiple Manatees

Fun and knowledgable guide! Up close encounters with multiple manatees. Highly recommended tour for... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
paulpL9354VV
Minneapolis, Minnesota
via mobile

All reviews orange river estero bay tim martell kayak tour master naturalist guide tim manatee experience knowledgeable guides these guys horseshoe crabs an amazing experience once in a lifetime highly recommend this tour fort myers local wildlife interesting facts would recommend this to anyone
Reviewed March 17, 2019

Spending the morning with knowledgeable, humorous, and hospitable guides made this tour my favorite Florida activity this week. Not only were we able to see manatees, dolphins and many species of water fowl, but we were also able to hear educational facts, and personal first-hand accounts told in stimulating story-form during our tour. From gliding through a mystical mangrove tunnel, to paddling within feet of manatees, this tour provided adventure along every turn. We were able to see: dolphins, manatees, an osprey, a wood stork, countless sea birds, 3 different species of crab, several species of shrimp, a variety of fish, and a dwarf sea horse. It was well worth our money and our time.

Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

My fiancé and I are on vacation and decided to do something local and found the Manatee Guides. I really wish I could give more than 5 stars because it was the best tour I’ve ever been on. Tim, Eric and Johnnie were the nicest people. We were first time kayakers and everyone was very encouraging. We got to see a bunch of manatee and dolphins and also got to see a dwarf seahorse. They’re very passionate at what they do and I think that’s why the tour was so amazing! Very personable tour. Just AMAZING!! Thank you Tim, Eric and Johnnie for an amazing experience that we will never forget!!

1  Thank Erin S
Reviewed March 5, 2019

Tim & Johnny took us out on the most amazing guided kayaking experience. I have wanted to see manatees in the wild since I was a child. We saw many manatees, dolphins, a huge variety of birds, and tons of microfauna - including an endangered dwarf seahorse. They are knowledgeable about the area's history and brimming with knowledge about the wildlife. It is a fun experience even for novice kayakers. Choose Tim and ManateeGuides.com if you want a conservation-focused nature experience that you will never forget!

Reviewed February 24, 2019

My wife and I (aged mid 60's), signed up for another "eco" kayaking tour. We think we have been on at least twenty tours from the Caribbean, Greece, US and Canada and thought we knew what to expect. We were wrong. Usually it is: herd us all in to kayaks, go from point A to B then C and back. Always nice but nothing special.Tim, Erik and Jonnny individually and collectively did everything right to give us a true eco experience. From the start, Erik said "we will do all the work" and work they did. Erik was our leader while Tim and Jonny were scouting to find biology! Everything from manatees feeding to sea horses and pipe fish. Erik talked the entire time, sharing his extensive marine knowledge. Tim located the manatees and little did we know that Jonny was dip netting about a dozen smaller creatures that they shared with us when we beached the kayaks. An amazing thing to me was that even though they have obviously done this hundreds (if not thousands) of times, they all were passionately enthusiastic and made us feel like we were their most important guests. Great job Manatee Guides.

Date of experience: February 2019
1  Thank 716craigr
Reviewed February 9, 2019 via mobile

We had a beautiful day on the water with Tim and Jonny...both are passionate and enthusiastic about what they do. We learned a lot about the wildlife in the area and found a pod of 4-6 manatees. We saw a lot of interesting birds and other sea creatures. We were first time kayakers and Tim was excellent at teaching us exactly what we needed to do to be successful and stay dry!

Date of experience: February 2019