“light food”

The Lake House Bar & Grill
Ranked #50 of 197 Restaurants in Bonita Springs
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Description: Great Sandwiches, burgers, and salads. Very fresh and tasty seafood. It is a very casual, outdoor, music playing, pool and lakeside, chill bar / restaurant. It is located by a peaceful lake in Bonita Springs in the Trianon Hotel. It is an outdoor bar / restaurant. Me and my wife have lived in Bonita for 5 years and just stumbled upon it. They have great happy hour specials and the food was surprisingly very good. They have sweet potato fries that you can get with your meal too as a substitution, which was a nice option for us, she loves them! Our waiter was Thomas, he was just awesome. I've never written a review, but he was the happiest and best waiter we have ever had, so we felt it was time to give back to trip advisor. We have used trip advisor on our travels for years. So, hopefully we'll see them on the site some day and this review for Thomas, it was so refreshing to see someone who was a great server and so happy! We'll definitely be back!
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The food was good, but we ordered fish and many flies came around our plates. Thanks God I had a bug spray.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

The meal started with a chicken quesidilla that was killer. Wow it was good and it set our expectation for the meal. Unfortunately it was the highlight of the meal. My husband had pasta and I had fish. His pasta was watery with soggy vegetables. My fish came without one of the components listed on the menu and when I requested it our server delivered it promptly. The fish tasted a little fishy, the beans were slightly underdone and bland. I had saved the salsa left from the quesidilla which I mixed with the beans and rice and that helped. When the mango salsa arrived it helped brighten the fish. The setting is pretty and the service was fine but I would stick to basic bar food here.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We went because a credit came with our hotel stay. The food was fine and nicely presented, it just wasn't that great. The service was good, and it was pleasant to be able to eat outside at this time of year. The best part was sitting beside the lake and enjoying the scenery.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed at the Trianon and went here for a quick dinner and a couple beers. We sat at the bar, which is outside, and the atmosphere was simple, but nice. The food, however, was really very good for a hotel restaurant/bar. I had the Mahi sandwich and was very impressed. I'm not sure that I would travel to go here, but if I stay at the hotel again I will definitely stop back in.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Visited twice while on vacation, food was pretty average, drinks were very good. Would visit again! Staff was very friendly.