“Disappointed”

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Bonita Springs
Fort Myers, Florida
“Disappointed”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

the stay was fine the boat rental went fine, the only issue I had is I left a special water pillow in the room. I had told Andy I was working on the east coast when we talked when I rented the boat. So when I got the chance to get back to your motel to pick up what was left in the room Andy informed me he thought it was trash and threw it away. I don't understand why a phone call wad not made to me to let me know I left something in the room. I'm very disappointed!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't through away belongings left in the room!!!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank John B

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Turkish first
Rock Hall, Maryland, Usa
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Been staying there a 10 days in January for the past 3 years. Laid back, clean and comfortable. The staff treats me like family. I'm a beach nut, and beach access #8 is the best on Bonita Beach!! Can't wait to return this January.

John A. Groves
Rock Hall, Md.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank John G
keene.ont
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We just adore this resort.The apartment is clean,roomy and well equiped.The owners and staff are very welcoming and go out of their way to accomate your needs.The beach is across the quiet road--need I say any more.Can't wait to be there again in January.
Elizabeth Bingham and Gordon Koslowski

Room Tip: book early as they have numerous return clients.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank elizabeth b
Riverview, Florida
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I cannot praise this wonderful Florida hideaway enough. I have been coming here for over 20 years. My husband and I used to come with our two boys for a week every summer. It was the best place for a family vacation, although the guests were of all ages.

There is a wonderful beach across the small quiet road, and a great dock in front of the premises on the intracoastal (the Imperial River which feeds into Estero Bay), where one can watch the people return after a wonderful day on the water on one of the Resort's pontoon boats.

Each year we came on our family vacations, we rented one of the boats for at least one day, and had a wonderful time showing the boys hermit crabs and other things at nearby Lovers Key.

I recently retired and thought I would like to go away for a week. I could think of nowhere I would rather be than at Bonita Beach, even though I was coming alone.

The owners have done a wonderful job, with attention to detail, to make each of their units a home away from home, yet with a resort atmosphere. If you decide to prepare a meal in your apartment, don't worry about salt and pepper, or paper towels. They have thought of all the little touches that make this such a welcoming place to re-visit. Everything is always so clean, and the soft towels and bed linens are so fresh that I feel I am staying in a five-star hotel with the ambience of an island getaway.

Bonita Beach Resort Motel is very conveniently located for trips to Fort Myers Beach, Sanibel and Captiva Islands, and the City of Fort Myers to the north, and Naples to the south. Bonita Springs is close and convenient for shopping.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank Candace H
Gembloux, Belgium
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Excellent location next to the beach and on the bay. Rooms are nice, clean, large and fully equipped. Friendly staff and possibility to rent a boat on-site. No breakfast but no problem to care for yourself in the fully equipped kitchen, even for backpackers. Will surely go back for a few days.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lawrenceburg, Indiana
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Needed to be near Naples this last week for family business. Also wanted a place by the beach where I could truly relax, Stumbled upon this place after 2-3 weeks of searching online. Wow! What a treat! Clean, up to date in decor; friendly helpful. Ellen really was so nice to let me ramble on about why I was there. She makes you feel like family. No maid service (don't need it). showed where clean linens and towels were if needed. I kept extending my stay a day at a time and they were great! I could spend two weeks there and do nothing but go to the beach and read a book. Snoop is the motel mascot and loves a great game of fetch. I will be going back and hopefully they will have room for me. This little gem is going to be found out soon :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Nonnie1958
Surfside, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2013

It's funny, because my wife and I live in a condo on the beach in Surfside, FL which is just north of Miami Beach. You could say that the beach is our back yard.

Yet nothing gives us more pleasure than traveling just a little over two hours to stay at Bonita Beach Resort Motel. We have been coming here since 1994, at least two to three times a year.

We love the serenity of the beach, the beautiful sunsets, the amazing sea life, and we especially love the accommodations at Bonita Beach Resort Motel. It is a family run operation. We have seen their children grow up (as well as our children) over the many years.

The place is always clean and well maintained. They are always working on making things even better, there is always a "project" under way, so that each time we visit, the experience is even better than the last one.

The place is by no means luxurious, but there are many things that are better than luxury, and we have found this at BBRM. Courtesy, loving-kindness, cleanliness and reasonableness in price are the hallmarks of this family business.

You have the docks in the back with a number of pontoons that you can rent to cruise the bay or go fishing. And then you have the beautiful and quiet beach just across the street.

We highly recommend (after almost 20 years of regular visits) this place. You cannot go wrong.

By the way, in response to the review posted by Marbet105, the staff is anything but prejudice. I am hispanic, as are my children and we have never experienced anything that comes near to prejudice. This is a fine Christian family with true values.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bonita Resort & Club
Bonita Resort & Club
#1 of 1 in Survey Creek
The Ritz-Carlton, Naples

Been to Bonita Beach Resort Motel? Share your experiences!