“Good but not amazing”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Overall good food and very much enjoyed the ice tea. Been here a few times and most of the times felt rushed eating. Was ok but nothing too special.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Having been here several times for breakfast (the BEST corned beef hash & eggs) we were looking forward to their famous Phlliy cheese steak. Alas, it was not even close. Bread was dried out, no flavor to meat, cheese almost non-existent. I love their breakfast but lunch is a bust. Looking for a great cheesesteak? Go to The Happy Hour Grill ( formally known as Futuros) on Bonita Beach Road.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I would call it just average. There are better breakfast places in Naples like Skillets or Trackside Donuts.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Four of us went here for lunch. Note: no wait, excellent service and wonderfully friendly and helpful wait staff. Although our Philly born friends were with us and felt the Philly food was not exactly as they remembered it and were pining for, they did enjoy their lunches and felt their sandwiches (hoagie and cheeseteak) were good. My husband, who is not Philly born and did not hold them to be 100% authentic, thought HIS Philly CHeesesteak sandwich was very good. I also loved my taco salad special which came in a freshly fried tortilla bowl and was filled with fresh salad and savory meat.
Prices reasonable, and even better as we had a coupon. We hope to go back and try breakfast there too.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

In late February, 2013, we went to old 41 with a party of 6. The wait was horrendous--out the door for 40 min. They were understaffed with servers & at the checkout on a busy Friday morn. Others who came in after us were seated before us, which was annoying & the girl cleaning tables was complaining-- obviously crabby due to the busy pace of business..

I had eggs benedict, which had a strangely rosy colored sauce, which was VERY salty. Tried my friend's pumpkin spice pancakes & those were great. Other dishes looked kind of greasy, but no worse than a lot of places. They do offer Bloody Mary's, mimosas & other items at breakfast, and they brag about their cinnamon French toast (anyone can make that), pork rolls, & creamed chipped beef (which looked very unappetising spyed through the window.) Maybe this Yankee just doesn't get their menu theme.

They have an 6-8 person high top for walk-in solo diners right next to the crowded checkout station. When it is busy & no other tables are available, people who don't realize this strange seating custom are leaning on that table, just staring at a solo person eat alone & waiting for them to stop hogging a table for 6 or 8. I could never enjoy a meal under those conditions--elbow to elbow with hungry patrons anxiously watching me eat. Why not put in a counter for single diners along the kitchen wall-- or at least have that communal table at the back...

Sorry, I know this is a local icon-- I would go back for the pumpkin pancakes, but don't feel it is worth a 40 min wait & clueless service otherwise.