“Great Entertainment and the Place to Go for Dinner as Well”

Southwest Florida Event Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A WORLD-CLASS LIVE PERFORMANCE VENUE Located in beautiful Bonita Springs, Florida, the SWFL Event Center is a state-of-the art, world-class event facility serving Lee, Collier, and the surrounding counties. This facility offers many unique amenities, including world class theatre, a state-of-the art culinary test kitchen for commercial kitchen rentals, Teatro one of our event spaces used for private and corporate events.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed April 22, 2018

We have gone several times to see tribute bands or celebrities for dinner and entertainment. The prices are very reasonable, especially if you sign up for e-mail special offers. The food is buffet style and surprisingly good and plentiful for the price!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"audience"
"restrooms"

Reviewed April 1, 2018

A friend and I saw Gino Vannelli here on 2/22/18. I had never heard of this place before but found it to be a great place for a show. It is very plain on the outside but a great venue on the inside. All the staff were very nice and attentive. We had great front row seats. We ordered sodas and dinner which we thought was pretty good. Our coconut shrimp appetizer was a little bland, but the prime rib and stuffed chicken dishes were delicious. There was a $25 per person meal/drink minimum but I don't know if that was specific to this show or to the theatre in general. This is a dinner theatre so the good seats are at tables of 8 or 10 with other people. The show we went to was not too crowded so the other people at our table were all the way at the other end so we weren't forced to socialize with strangers - but of course, that's a personal preference. I thought this was a great place and now that I'm on their mailing list I'm excited about seeing other acts there. The prices depePlund on the artist. Gino tickets were about $100 each but Karla Bonoff was there recently and those tickets were about $50. Drinks and food costs are not included in show ticket prices.

Reviewed March 21, 2018

Attended the Atlantic City Boys dinner and concert on February 10, 2018 and had the following experience:

We ordered wine and our server did not know how to open the bottle. I opened it..
Our meals arrived 30 minutes (90 minutes after ordering) into the show; now eating in a dimly lit room.
All three of the prime ribs were inedible. My two brother-in-laws ordered their prime rib medium well. They were less than rare and our server never returned to check on our meal. My prime rib was mostly fat. I was going to take a picture of the meals but it was dark and the flash would have interfered with the concert.
When the desert arrived, we had to ask the server to remove the dirty dishes.

When I emailed the Events Center (twice) I received the following comments"

"I believe that you did eat the meal."

"you do understand the business and many customers try to get something for nothing."

2  Thank rjgeorge
Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

WOW! Pig Floyd rocked the place and I highly recommend going if they come back.
We sat in general addition and were not disappointed (nice small venue so we could see fine and were close). Next time I would like to eat dinner there as part of the show. The food looked great.

1  Thank mobartholomew
See more reviews
Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

We have been attending this venue for a couple of years and these new owners have turned it into the venue we had hoped it would be! The first few times...well...there were "issues". We kept coming anyway due to great shows. So last night at Pig Floyd it all came together! Gracious and friendly staff, plenty of servers, and the food was great and served quickly and hot. White linen tablecloths and napkins made it feel elegant without being stuffy. Restrooms are immaculate with several nice handsoaps. Parking couldn't be easier and it's free. We love this place...will happily come back again and again.

2  Thank cckahn