“What A Find!”
Review of Mustang Grill Steakhouse - CLOSED

Mustang Grill Steakhouse
Reviewed November 29, 2013

In the quiet town of Bonifay, a small local hideaway makes its presence at the Florida Springs RV resort. Owned and operated by local people, this grill offers only dinner fare between the hours of 5-8 PM. Six o'clock was perfect for us. We had just arrived in Bonifay that evening, and the meal was wonderful. It was the best steak I have ever eaten, as I like mine without any pink. It was juicy and uncharred, (Charred is frequently my experience when ordering my steak well-done). My husband's steak (medium-well) was done to perfection as well. Homemade pies were light, tasty, and of right proportion. Best of all, they were included in the special priced dinner, which was very reasonable. The service was great. A comfortable atmosphere with stoneware place settings that I particularly favored. A truly delightful eating experience.

3  Thank Linda T
There are newer reviews for Mustang Grill Steakhouse

Reviewed November 28, 2013

this is the best place to get away with out any hassle of the hussle and bussle of all the chain food places in our area. they have the best steaks in the land and some of the best salads made fresh. with the best dressings. . you will love the music softly playing in the back ground ..andy and alcia will treat you like family straight way. go enjoy a quite little get away. and you will see. what im talking about .

2  Thank Joey M
Reviewed November 26, 2013

The chicken I had was marinated in some plum liquer and the squash casserole was rich but delicious. Small restaurant only holds about 30 or so people. In a campground amazing idea. Wish they had the same food on the Beach. Bonifay is a drive.

3  Thank Kerry J
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The Mustang Grill, located in the Florida Springs RV Resort & Campground is only open for dinner. We ate there last night. This restaurant doesn’t look like much, inside or out, and there are only a few tables, but it's cozy, and they serve up some very tasty food! The menu was surprisingly varied for such a small restaurant. I had a hard time rating this place. While some items were absolutely delicious, some were only so-so. The fried cheddar curds we had for an appetizer weren’t wonderful, and my husband said his fried shrimp were just OK. However, despite the fact my NY strip steak wasn’t as tender as I might have liked, it was perfectly medium rare (as ordered) and was one of the tastiest steaks I’ve ever had. The seasoning was outstanding! The loaded mashed potatoes were very, very good, and the homemade, lemon cheesecake pie was wonderful! My husband isn’t a fan of cheesecake, but even he loved this dessert! Service was very attentive and friendly. This restaurant, understandably, has quite a local following! We would eat there again.

1  Thank cmpvb
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Yes, this is in a RV camper lot. Yes, this is hidden away, a local find. Yes, for whatelse this area has to offer it is good. But this is a review of the place itself, not rising to the top because there is no competition. After readng the previous review and being in town, it was worth a gamble, this neck of north florida being a culinary wasteland. It was difficult to find once inside the park, was it in the office, to the side, who knows, just ope doors till you get the right oe! We were warmly greeted and seated, early thank goodness as there are only 4 booths, so you snooze you loose. The menu is written on dry erase boards that are taken to table to table.. The items are not grouped by category, ie., appetizers,entrees, so it is two boards of mis matched non flowing reading. We opted for the Strip with Blue Cheese and the Grilled Shrimp, salads were additional, so two of them please, she wants the highly touted mashed potators, I will take a baked. After a lenghty wait, a bowl of pre-packaged salad with bottled dressing apeared, no bread or rolls offered or ordered. A flavor that was expected, nothng special here. My steak arrived, a very thin (1/4-1/2") strip steak cooked on a flat top with no grill marks with some blue cheese sprinkled on the top. The steak was okay, alternating between chewy and too tender. Due to the thiness of the meat, the cheese was almost overwhelmng. The shrimp that were also praised were large, covered in an old bay type seasoning. They wee very difficult to remve from the shell, a sign of improper cooking and storage. An okay flavor, but you re an hour from the water. The quality of the seafood should reflect such. We ordered a dinner to go and told server we wanted it started when we were about finished so it would be hot upon arival. When we ordered it the server was back in less than 5 minutes. WWhen questioned about this speed, she said the cook replied they were busy and didn't have time to bestaggering order. A time when honesty is not appreciated! This place has the quirky, quant atmosphere of fun people. The food has the quality of a home cook who likes to cook, just that. No CIA grads here. The food is okay at best, but the vibe makes up for some of the quality that is lacking. Oh, almost forgot that gem. The key lime tart is a store bought mini graham crust with a lime flavored puddng with aeresol whipped cream. Again, too close to the gulf for this to be okay. It is worth a stop, just to say hi and enjo the mixture of colors and textures. Its propbably the best date night this area has to offer. Sad but true.

1  Thank franklinmilford