“The management staff is very deceptive and sly! BE CAREFUL!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bonifay
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bonifay
Pensacola, Florida
“The management staff is very deceptive and sly! BE CAREFUL!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

My family stayed here on 7/13/12. Upon check-in we were told that there were no more suites available despite our requesting a suite MONTHS in advance. We were moved to a regular room and provided a roll-away bed. We were charged the same price as the suite. The next day, Allison (general manager) came by our room to let us know we could move to a suite. Everything appeared to be resolved. After returning home we learned we were charged for 2 rooms/suites. I was given paperwork at check-in but it was presented as if it were for the 1 room. The GM was aware that we never set foot in this second room. This is evident given her only locating 1 suite if we reserved 2 then she should have given us 2 suites the following day. After calling the hotel, Allison was unwilling to alter the charges stating because I signed paperwork her owner would not allow it. I find this absurb. She knowingly deceived me and at no time referenced a second room when we acknowledged we were supposed to have a suite. Please be very careful when staying here. The management at this hotel practices unsavory business practices. The staff also spent more time eating and taking breakfast for themselves before guests could eat. The breakfast was not replenished in a timely manner. Guests kept having to ask for items such as napkins, utensils, yogurt, etc. The breakfast service was awful.

3 Thank Dione K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bonifay, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Dione K,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Biloxi, MS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very nice, clean and quiet. Fitness equipment actually worked.

Room Tip: Got a super rate off of hotwire
Eupora, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I made reservations for a Holiday Inn on my way home from Daytona on June 28th. I chose the Holiday Inn in Bonifay, FL. We arrived after 8 PM but found a friendly Desk Clerk and an upgraded room. Every hotel person I cam in contact with was pleasant and helpful. It was a gret night and a great breakfast the next morning.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

This hotel was decent, but the smell of cigarette smoke was overwhelming in the corridor and the hotel room itself, even though I was assured it was a nonsmoking room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, IHG Care at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bonifay, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear USMC-Nav,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I am glad that you found our location convenient. We are very sorry to read that you experienced inconvenience because of the smell of cigarette smoke. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHG Care
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

I checked into the Holiday Inn Express on June 14th and my family and I loved our stay there. We traveled from Texas and it was a perfect stop to spend the night. The hotel is located right off I-10 in a small safe city. We entered the lobby and rooms and let me tell you this place is very clean. We had no issues with our stay at all. The breakfast in the morning was very delicious and filling that we did not stop to eat until we reached our destination! A+ Hotel

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank DSPatel
Imperial
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

We checked into the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Bonifay, Florida on the 1st of May. The general manager was Sandra (but we cannot remember her last name). She was exceptionally helpful with a place for us to eat dinner, and giving us a room on the first floor which we like to have. She was very friendly and was sold on the Holdiay Inn management & corporation. She would like to advance within the corporation, and we felt she would certainly be an asset to their personnel. Our room there was clean and we were comforable. Breakfast the next morning was fixed and served neatly, hot and tasty.
Everett and Marian Haefner
1011 Willow Bend Road
Imperial, MO. 63052

Room Tip: Easy to find -- just a short distance from I-10.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

This Express looks a bit different from other Expresses, but didnt let that deter me from trying it out. If anything the interior design is better than the prototypical HIExpresses. This property was recommended to me from a business partner in nearby Chipley and boy did I enjoy this place. Looking forward to staying here next time I am in the area. DSP2006

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Lee B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bonifay
Comfort Inn & Suites Chipley
#1 of 4 in Chipley
Chipley Days Inn
Chipley Days Inn
#4 of 4 in Chipley

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bonifay? Share your experiences!