“Decent, Smelled Awful”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bonifay
Louisiana
“Decent, Smelled Awful”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This hotel was decent, but the smell of cigarette smoke was overwhelming in the corridor and the hotel room itself, even though I was assured it was a nonsmoking room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, IHG Care at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bonifay, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear USMC-Nav,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I am glad that you found our location convenient. We are very sorry to read that you experienced inconvenience because of the smell of cigarette smoke. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHG Care

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I checked into the Holiday Inn Express on June 14th and my family and I loved our stay there. We traveled from Texas and it was a perfect stop to spend the night. The hotel is located right off I-10 in a small safe city. We entered the lobby and rooms and let me tell you this place is very clean. We had no issues with our stay at all. The breakfast in the morning was very delicious and filling that we did not stop to eat until we reached our destination! A+ Hotel

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank DSPatel
Imperial
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We checked into the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Bonifay, Florida on the 1st of May. The general manager was Sandra (but we cannot remember her last name). She was exceptionally helpful with a place for us to eat dinner, and giving us a room on the first floor which we like to have. She was very friendly and was sold on the Holdiay Inn management & corporation. She would like to advance within the corporation, and we felt she would certainly be an asset to their personnel. Our room there was clean and we were comforable. Breakfast the next morning was fixed and served neatly, hot and tasty.
Everett and Marian Haefner
1011 Willow Bend Road
Imperial, MO. 63052

Room Tip: Easy to find -- just a short distance from I-10.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Mississippi
Reviewed April 29, 2012

This Express looks a bit different from other Expresses, but didnt let that deter me from trying it out. If anything the interior design is better than the prototypical HIExpresses. This property was recommended to me from a business partner in nearby Chipley and boy did I enjoy this place. Looking forward to staying here next time I am in the area. DSP2006

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Lee B
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 8, 2012

If you are needing a place to stay after a long drive right off I-10, this is the best place to stay! It's a fairly new hotel with excellent management...

• Stayed March 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Stayed here recently for first time since it changed from a Best Western. Very glad to see a Holiday Inn here . Nothing against Best Westerns , just that I stay in lot of Holiday Inn properties due to the Priority Club system . This is the new style of hotels that most Holiday Inns are now,and a welcome addition to the area . I visit the Chipley area frequently on business , and the hotels there leave much to be desired , so when I saw this one online recently , I made a reservation right away.
Nice property to stay at , just wish there were a few more places to eat nearby . Hotel is very nice,with large comfortable rooms ,nice fitness center, a great front desk staff that made you feel welcome right away , and a decent breakfast furnished as well . Only thing lacking was the USA Today paper that I like to enjoy in the morning . Not sure why they aren't available here , since most hotels do furnish them to guests .

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
HIExpressBonifay, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bonifay, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We do appreciate it and hope that you continue to visit our hotel when you are in the Chipley area.
We have checked into getting the USA Today at our hotel, but unfortunately they will not deliver to the Bonifay region.
Reviewed January 24, 2012

This hotel is less than a year old and has an upbeat decor that makes you smile the minute you walk in. Front desk greeted me by name since I had called to reconfirm my res stating I was less than 10minutes away. Disregard the notation above about "formally another chain hotel" cuz they tore that one down and built this one from scratch on the location. CLEANEST
hotel I've been in while commuting between Texas and Florida. Great pancake maker for the
breakfast. Hubby says it was the best breakfast at any hotel he's had in years. If you need a stopping off place while driving, this is the BEST hotel anywhere along I-10 that I have found and I have stayed at nearly all of them for the past six years... First floor is quiet. Nice outdoor pool. CLEAN elevator. Fast wifi. Smart design in accessible room. Comfy couch too. Fridge and microwave included in non-smoking hotel.

Room Tip: First floor to look out window at your car and pretty scenery. Drive VERY carefully on the highway...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sophie_Houston
HIExpressBonifay, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bonifay, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind review. We do appreciate you staying with us and look forward to seeing you guys, next time your traveling on I-10 through the Panhandle.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bonifay
Comfort Inn & Suites Chipley
#2 of 4 in Chipley
Super 8 Chipley
Super 8 Chipley
#1 of 4 in Chipley

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bonifay? Share your experiences!