“Good, but Overpriced”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Missed the early-bird which goes from 4pm-5pm. Found the food good (scallop special was tasty), but the prices are high. Ceasar salad was bland, unisnspired. Early might be better, as prices are lower then, and we were told they have oysters $5/dozen, which would be great. Might try them again.

1  Thank krmtrains1

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Interesting environment and setting for an island. Higher quality food and service than in most Pine Island Restaurants. We have eaten here many times with no bad meals.

Plan to 'dine' as the restaurant is almost always very busy and have to wait in line. People only wait in line when it's worth the "wait"! It is a very dark restaurant, the lights are kept very low.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was the 2nd time eating at Reds. Their menu is very extensive. They offer many types of fish - prepared in just about any way you like. The fish was fresh and the portions adequate (not huge). They also offer plenty of fair from the land. Big Bar and that may be the best seat in the house. Drinks reasonably priced. Service was not great - I ordered an appetizer that never arrived but I was never charged either so she apparently did not hear me order it twice. It is a fairly good drive out to Reds so I don't know that I will be back anytime soon. Would rather listen to music closer to the home. All in All - it was good food and I do recommend it.

2  Thank edwfla
Reviewed January 24, 2013

If you like fresh seafood this is the place to go! We live in Ft. Myers Beach and get to Red's now and then, and it is always fun. We usually go for the Oyster special which is from 4-5 PM. Last time Oysters were 25 cents apiece! Yikes!! They were from Texas. large and delicious! The Beers were $2.00( Have to sit at the Bar for Oysters ) and Early Bird Dinners are $10.00,...Can't beat it! Get there early line forms to get in!! Also, staff is great and place is noisy! Have fun! Very Unique.

2  Thank Saks5th
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had heard that Reds was the best place to eat but were very disappointed. I had the shrimp cocktail, which was 'OK' but nothing special, my companion had the deep-fried clam starter which was totally lacking in flavour. For our main course I had the Parmesan Crusted Triple Tail, which tasted and smelt terrible, and was accompanied by a congealed sauce. My companion had Triple Tail Milanese which was bland and uninteresting. My companion thought that the accompanying fries were OK but to my taste they were very over-salted.
We were so disappointed that we didn't stay for dessert!
One good point - the Samuel Adams beer was good :-)

1  Thank jillian1607