“Oh yes they can!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed January 24, 2013

If you like fresh seafood this is the place to go! We live in Ft. Myers Beach and get to Red's now and then, and it is always fun. We usually go for the Oyster special which is from 4-5 PM. Last time Oysters were 25 cents apiece! Yikes!! They were from Texas. large and delicious! The Beers were $2.00( Have to sit at the Bar for Oysters ) and Early Bird Dinners are $10.00,...Can't beat it! Get there early line forms to get in!! Also, staff is great and place is noisy! Have fun! Very Unique.

2  Thank Saks5th

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had heard that Reds was the best place to eat but were very disappointed. I had the shrimp cocktail, which was 'OK' but nothing special, my companion had the deep-fried clam starter which was totally lacking in flavour. For our main course I had the Parmesan Crusted Triple Tail, which tasted and smelt terrible, and was accompanied by a congealed sauce. My companion had Triple Tail Milanese which was bland and uninteresting. My companion thought that the accompanying fries were OK but to my taste they were very over-salted.
We were so disappointed that we didn't stay for dessert!
One good point - the Samuel Adams beer was good :-)

1  Thank jillian1607
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Local Fresh Seafood, excellent value, great presentation, casual and friendly atmosphere. We will be back! I ordered the crab stuffed triple tail in lobster cognac sauce and for my husband Asian inspired Salmon, both dishes were amazing!

2  Thank gsan0307
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Went to Red's with my Wed night dinner group. We went early because they have 25 cent oysters on the half shell from 4-6 M-Th. You have to sit at the bar for these but you can get up to 2 dozen shucked oysters and a variety of other bar appetizers and fun exotic drinks. The onion strings and ribs are very good. This is not a real large restaurant so seating for our group was at 2 tables. Some of the stand out foods for the evening were Scallops and Bacon, Boom Boom Shrimp, Black and Blue Pork, and Asian Grilled Salmon.
The scallops are not wrapped in bacon but come with crispy bacon on top of 4 very large perfectly cooked scallops. The Boom Boom Shrimp are fried and coated with s secret sauce that make them mouth watering. The salmon was moist and delicious. As for the Black and Blue chops I would say they were one of the hits of the night. There were 3 perfectly blackened chops topped with a melted blue cheese crumble. They were tender and nicely spiced so that they were not hot at first taste but left a pleasant spicy after taste. The sweet potato casserole is not so sweet you can't finish it so was also a hit. Salads are large, chilled and well done. Service at the bar was a little slow but they were very busy. At the table service was excellent. Both of our tables commented on how attentive and friendly our service was. The only complaint we had all night is the restaurant is very dark inside. This is definitely a we will return place. We have complained about the lack of good seafood place in our area but Red's solves that problem.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

A local resident directed us here, said to have e best seafood around. It's location on Pine Island is scenic. I believe that they are open from 4-9 PM daily.

Our experience got off to a bad start when the small native bugs attacked us as we entered the front door. One got in my eye, and it hurt for two days. They need to relocate the lights away from the entrance doors to draw them away. Another couple who were leaving as we entered were also swarmed. The ownership is aware of the problem, since they put a fan out to try to blow them away. That was ineffective.

The decor in the place didn't seem to have changed in 30+ years. The restrooms were old, and nasty. We saw dust hanging from the ceiling that obviously hadn't been cleaned in MANY years. If we weren't meeting our parents here, at their choice, we would've left due to this.

However, we stayed, and DID enjoy our meal. Our appetizer conch fritters were average. The daily soup, and salad, were good. The honey-glazed veggies, and bread with dill butter were great! Our party got the Coconut Shrimp (huge), Mediterranean Salmon, Parmesan Encrusted Grouper Fish, and Filet Mignon. Everyone enjoyed their entrees.

Our waiter, Christopher, was a great waiter.

If the bugs swarming the front door (and management's knowledge of it), the dirt, and nasty bathrooms weren't a problem, I would've rated this a 5-star dining experience. The fresh local-only seafood was great.

1  Thank 4248MI_Traveler