“Nothing Special”

Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Bokeelia
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This place had fairly good reviews but I was disappointed. Had the fried oysters which had way too much batter and seemed overcooked. It could have been fried anything. The french fries seemed like the type with mashed potato in the middle and seasoning on the outside which was not very appetizing. The best thing was the cole slaw but there wasn't much of that. My husband did better with the peel and eat shrimp but his conch chowder was just OK. I might try it again for the steamed oysters and clams but there are lots of other good places in the Fort Myers area.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Overlooks the Marina in Bokeelia, Florida designed in a wonderful nautical theme. Everything on the menu is great; as is the staff. The prices are good, they have full bar. Fresh Fish! Good food, fast service, reasonable prices!

When we come in by the boat, from the water, we can choose to eat out on the picnic tables on the porch or chill out inside!

1  Thank dkinney2010
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Fun, "old-style" Florida restaurant with friendly people and good food. Portions are huge, the fish is fresh (they will even cook up your own fresh catch) and the big round windows overlook the marina, so you can watch the boats come in and out. There are daily specials to pick from (unicorn fish!) and even great non-seafood choices, like a huge pork tenderloin sandwich on a giant bun to match. If you are out on Pine Island, the Lazy Flamingo is the place to go!

1  Thank KathyC483
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Lazy Flamingo is our favorite restaurant in the SW Florida area. It isn't white tablecloths and elegance. But, the food and service are great, and the prices are reasonable. It's right at Four Winds Marina, so you can watch the boats come in, and watch them get hauled out of the water on fork lifts.

My biggest problem is deciding between the fish of the day (try the hog fish or trigger fish if they have it -- mesquite grilled), the hot wings, and the oysters. If you're into serious pain, try the Dead Parrot Wings -- but beware, they won't take them back.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

First, this is a seafood restaurant and bar.
I am allergic to shrimp and crab. I wanted to order something like the fresh fish or scallops but when I asked, I learned the seafood is fried in the same oil.
I got ribs. They were good but not the fish I had hoped for. The side of cole slaw was very small... maybe two tablespoons worth. It tasted fine but was too skimpy.
The rest of my family ate seafood and enjoyed it. My husband said his shrimp were good, not outstanding, just good.
Our young waitress did not seem to like that we all got water. She did not volunteer to refill our empty glasses. She did eventually refill the water after we asked twice. She spent much more time with the patrons next to us who were buying bar drinks in addition to the food.
One nice thing about the Lazy Flamingo is you can bring your fresh caught fish and they will prepare it for you. This service costs about the price of a regular menu offering.