“Relaxing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bokeelia
Bokeelia Tarpon Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Bokeelia B&B and Inns
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Relaxing”
Reviewed February 21, 2011

This is very relaxing place. My husband and I stayed for a couple days at the inn and it was so peaceful and relaxing. The innkeeper, Cinthia, makes you feel very comfortable. Breakfast was a lovely surprise and the hors d oevres in the evening were delicious too.
This is THE place if you want to relax and switch off your cell phone. Our time at the inn was lovely. We didnt go fishing but some of the other couples staying there had plenty of options for fishing, kayaking, etc. The island itself hasnt got that many options for eating out. Most of the time we went to the Lazy Flamingo at the Four Seasons Marina, just minutes by car from the inn). While at the inn, just grab a glass of wine and enjoy the sunset and nice conversations at the porch ;)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank JOFH_Review

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Venice, Florida
Reviewed January 3, 2011

This is our 2nd stay at this island gem, and certainly won't be our last. From Cynthia's impeccable breakfasts, to the evening wine and hor d'oevres, to the Klondike bars after dinner (which we are now addicted to), this is just the best of any B&B we have ever stayed in (and I am picky!). We love it, and though we live quite near, we will return again and again as our schedules and hectic life permit!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank hhakne
Boca Raton, FL
Reviewed February 24, 2010

The title says it all, but I'll expand on it a bit. My wife and I wanted to stay at a place that was away from the hustle and bustle of city life and the Bokeelia Tarpon Inn fit the bill in spades. In a quiet spot at the tip of Pine Island, it overlooks the bay and is quite picturesque. Cynthia the innkeeper is a lovely person and made us feel welcome and special on both of our visits. Her breakfast are delicious and her afternoon snacks yummy -- you almost don't need dinner. There is complimentary wine and spirits for an evening drink and even a humidor with cigars if that is your thing. The rooms are comfortable and roomy enough for an extended stay, but we preferred to sit out on the 2nd floor screened in patio. If it is too hot outside, the interior of this restored mansion is a very welcoming environment and you can curl up with a book in a number of places.

Bokeelia and Pine Island are fairly undeveloped but there was still plenty to do. You can scoot around using the Inn's golf carts or take the bikes for longer jaunts. Nature abounds and you can charter a boat or take the inn's kayaks out on your own. There are also some great local restaurants worth checking out. Sunsets are spectacular, just be prepared to fend off the bugs during the warmer months. Younger visitor might also get a little bored, but it depends on what interests them.

If you are looking to get away from it all and enjoy a little pampering, then the Tarpon Inn is for you!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TwoPynts
Squaw Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed December 15, 2009

Styaed only one night but wished I booked for longer. Traveling with my mom & arrived & found we had the place to ourselves. After checking out all they have to offer we relaxed in the main room of this amazing home and enjoyed the snacks that were left for us. The rooms were clean & comfy and we rely enjoyed the porches and views. Had a short Kyak spin and a nice walk along the coast. The breakfast was very nice and tasty too. I am an innkeeper also and it was nice to be sitting and enjoying for a change. I would recommend this lovely inn!

• Stayed December 2009
1 Thank MyLakeHome
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed November 10, 2009

What a great little place! We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. We went midweek for my birthday, and had the place to ourselves. We loved the porches, the golf cart, the boat ride to Useppa, the klondike bars in the freezer, the appetizers in the afternoon. The historic preservation and interior design is gorgeous. Oh, and the scrambled eggs were out of this world. Next time I go back, I am going to watch and figure out how to get them that fluffy. No beach, but a great, relaxing place to get away from it all. Loved the galleries on Pine Island and Matlacha too.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrea S
illinois
Reviewed October 21, 2009

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful visit at the Bokeelia Tarpon Inn. Our only regret is that we didn't stay longer! Cynthia was truley a gracious and wonderful host. We felt right at home. The mansion is beautiful and spotlessy clean. The breakfasts are wonderful and inviting. Our room was cozy and the bed was very comfortable. If you are looking for a romantic getaway....book here. The grounds are lovely and the fishing is great! It was awesome that my husband and I had a private pier
all to ourselves each night. And how convenient to be able to drive the golf cart right down to the pier with all our equipment on it. A restaurant is within walking distance and others are within a golf cart ride away. There is very little traffic and a wonderful seclusion to the island.

If you are looking for a place to start a new and wonderful life with someone, celebrate an anniversary, reconnect with your partner, or just steal away and disconnect from the world, you will find it here.

Thank you Cynthia, we had a wonderful time and hope to be back soon.

Reed and Christy Utterback
Jacksonville Illinois

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank christyutterback
Menlo Park
Reviewed May 24, 2009

I was on a very difficult trip emotionally this past week. Your Inn provided a lovely respite for me even though it was too short a time. Cynthia was delightful and I would love to return to really enjoy the surroundings someday! I have already recommended it to a few friends.

The great smelling towels and their absorbency was delightful. You have a stellar place!

Blessings,

Donna Largent

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank c_d_sfbayarea
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bokeelia
Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa
#2 of 4 in Captiva Island
The Boca Grande Resort
The Boca Grande Resort
#3 of 3 in Boca Grande

Been to Bokeelia Tarpon Inn? Share your experiences!