All reviews cheeseburger in paradise old florida dock master water tower cabbage patch dollar bill punta gorda nature trail jimmy buffet shrimp salad key lime pie doll house triple tail only accessible by boat gopher tortoises mahi the cottages
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

Our adventure started out with some trepidation as red tide had been playing havoc with the coastal areas around southwest Florida. I had wanted to stay at Cabbage Key for 29 years...ever since we moved to Florida. We had taken family there for lunch but never could spend any more time than just a quick visit.
We made reservations for 3 nights and with a special got the 4th night free! Upon arrival by our skiff the wonderful dockmaster (Joe) helped us into a perfect slip. He not only helped us dock he proceeded to help us carry our gear up to our cottage!!! Let me back up a second....we had rented a room in the inn because it was $99 a night but the sweet girl told us they upgraded us to the Rinehart cottage so we could have the whole Cabbage Key experience!!!!! Unbelievable....we were amazed and grateful for their kindness.
We stayed on the island and talked and laughed with Josh, ( server, bartender and all around amazing guy). Kristen was fantastic with her bartender skills and special drinks, Kristina was fabulous with stories and history of the island along with her super service and sweet smile!!! Michelle was so much fun and so professional. She was delightful!!! Of course Dorothy and Tracy in the gift shop helped us with our purchases and they also shared great facts about the history of Pine Island Sound....I will always remember this trip!!
Let's not forget the evening meals talking to Mr. Wells the owner of the island!! He was simply a treasure of information. And let me tell you the evening meals were to die for!! Fresh triple tail, grouper , homemade bread and a veggie fan grilled....beautiful salads and awesome turtle ice cream pie!!!! Oh and don't forget the Creepers!!!! Those are fantastic drinks that really do creep up on you!!
We were treated as though we were royalty and we are committed to coming back this Christmas. Please folks go to Cabbage Key.... leave your laptops at home and go explore the island life.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
cabbage_key, Guest Relations Manager at Cabbage Key Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2018

Thank you for sharing your story. Our team strives to create memorable experiences for all who venture out to Cabbage Key. We hope you get to enjoy our Old Florida traditions again soon.

Reviewed August 23, 2018

Great place to grab lunch while out on your boat in Boca Grande/Captive area. Very helpful docking assistance. Perfect "come as you are" accommodations. Limited menu but great food with excellent service. Ask for Marcie, she's the best! I make Cabbage Key a regular stop every time I am the area which is frequent!!! Will be back Labor Day Weekend. NOTE: Red tide had essentially cleared on of Aug 21 2018 .... NO DEAD FISH ... NO SMELL ... NO RESPIRATORY IRRITATION!!!!
Dr John

1  Thank jpleone

Thank you for sharing your Cabbage Key experience. We hope you continue to visit us in the future.

Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

This place is a quant Nature Paradise. My wife and son stayed the night to ditch the weather chasing us from stern. It was better than I expected. The staff was very friendy, helpful, and genuine. We were a little early for dinner so we had drinks and a grilled cheese sandwich for my son. We went to our cottage, let me say the cottage felt like I was in a place I could stay for weeks to just unwind and become creative. We went to dinner, and the dining room is a window view of what seemed like a rainforest. I asked the chief to make my Grouper with a New Orleans flair, he successfully took my taste buds to Burbon street. I would recommend #Cabage Key to anyone that likes Southern charm and hopitality.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you sharing your experience with us. Hopefully we will see you again on your next adventure.

Reviewed August 19, 2018

Our party of 5 enjoyed a lovely lunch and plenty of cool drinks before setting out to the top of the water tower and along on the trail. Marcie was so helpful and went out of her way to welcome our 5 year-old granddaughter; admiring her dolphin drawing and watching the dolphin video we made on the way over to the island. My grown son says the potato salad was as good as what I make; I’ve NEVER heard that before. The resident gopher tortoises were a real treat to watch. Be sure to bring insect repellant for the trail this time of year!

Trip type: Traveled with family
cabbage_key, Guest Relations Manager at Cabbage Key Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were looking for a romantic, secluded getaway from the hustle and bustle—this was perfect. We loved every minute of the trip, and reading about the history of the island added so much to our stay!
We loved the trails and collecting seashells to add to the collection at the Dollhouse Cabin. It was one of our best times together, and we can’t wait to go back!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
cabbage_key, Guest Relations Manager at Cabbage Key Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Thank you for sharing your story. Our island is full of charming memories and we are glad you got the chance to make some of your own. Hopefully we see you on your next adventure.