All reviews cheeseburger in paradise old florida dock master water tower cabbage patch dollar bill punta gorda nature trail jimmy buffet shrimp salad key lime pie doll house triple tail only accessible by boat gopher tortoises mahi the cottages
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

First trip to Cabbage Key and my Hubby and I stayed in the Cabbage Patch cottage for 3 days to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We will be back! Ken, Mark, Daniel, Michelle, Rebecca and Scott were so kind to us that we feel like we've made lifelong friends. Everyone here was so very helpful with everything, especially accommodating my hubby who is disabled. The cottage was amazing, the view was perfect and we already know we want to stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

I’ve never even heard of Cabbage Key but was fortunate to win a raffle for a personal boat ride and lunch to here. Wonderful food, scenery and just a great time to visit a piece of old Florida. The guy at the dock, sorry, didn’t get a name, was great, willing to take our pic as long as he got a selfie too so am posting that. So glad to have discovered this slice of heaven.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2018

If you venture within 40 miles of this place and don't come here you have missed the crown jewel of SW Florida! With regular ferry service out of Pineland Marina, Ft Myers Beach, Sanibel & Captiva there is no excuse for not stopping. If you have any boating experience I highly recommend renting a boat and getting here on your own. Either way, you won't be disappointed. The abundance of wildlife, (Eagles, Sea Turtles, Dolphins, Manatees, etc), Stunning blue water backdropped with tropical green vegetation and white sand, Cabbage Key truly is picture perfect! Busy during the lunch rush, service moves quickly and Dorothy won't make you wait long for a table. Our kids love hiking the lush trails, climbing the water tower and getting to see the tortoises up close. The burgers are amazing, the beer is cold, the view is awe inspiring. No wonder Jimmy Buffet wrote "Cheeseburger and Paradise", about Cabbage Key!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2018

Awesome place, sometimes you have to wait for a slip, but then Joe will assist you in docking. This time we had Marcle for a waitress and she was suburp. Anytime friends or family visit we always took them to Cabbage Key. My husband past away in 2013 and this was the first time I revisited. I actually took my pontoon boat with four guests and we enjoyed every minute of it. When we were ready to leave the waitress took our picture and Joe took our picture on the boat and we went back to Punta Gorda. I want to say thank you all for a pleasant lunch and great atmosphere. Thank you Pearl J

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here last minute for two nights, then added another night, and wish we could have stayed longer! The Inn room was classic "Old Florida" style with no TV, and beautiful wood floors and a screen porch. The staff, Michelle, Michelle, Katy, and especially Pete the Chef, we're some of the nicest folks we meet in Florida. My wife is a pastry chef and we both love food but as this is the only place on a small island we weren't expecting great food, boy were we wrong! We were absolutely amazed at the quality and creativity of the meals put out of this tiny kitchen by Chef Pete and the rest of the kitchen staff. We actually stayed the third night mostly just to keep eating the fantastic dinners! Please don't change a thing to the Inn or cottages but please let Pete and the kitchen staff keep coming up with new and exciting food. We will be back!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple