Cabbage Key Inn
Bridgewater Inn(Matlacha)(Great Value!)
$209
$145
South Seas Island Resort(Captiva Island)(Great Value!)
$188
  • Pool
'Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa(Captiva Island)(Great Value!)
$258
$163
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $192/night.

$175
Castaways Cottages of Sanibel(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
$149
Official Site
Hideaway Waterfront Resort & Hotel(Cape Coral)(Great Value!)
$79
$74
$119
$109
Hampton.com
$69
$67
$85
Dolphin Key Resort(Cape Coral)
$90
All reviewscheeseburger in paradiseold floridadock masterwater towercabbage patchnature trailpunta gordadollar billjimmy buffetkey lime pieshrimp saladmahigopher tortoisesonly accessible by boatstone crabthe cottagespine island
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I think I finally figured out why these people have no concept of customer service... there's nothing else around where you can take your boat, dock and have a lunch or dinner. Staff is rude and people keep coming! I am guilty myself of giving a terrible review and then came back yet again 2 days ago for overnight docking and dinner and breakfast.
On my previous review I mentioned that they don't provide French fries with their cheeseburgers because they don't want to be bothered and it's easier to get some chips out of a bag. I have a correction to make... it's not chips, it's potato salad. It still shows how they don't want to be bothered working to please. A better example might be their breakfast. All egg orders are comprised of only one choice: scrambled eggs, that's it, no fried eggs or any other form, just whatever is easiest for THEM! This pretty much sums up their attitude. These people have no notion of customer service and apparently don't have to since there's nothing else like it around and people keep coming!
I love to visit Cayo Costa once a year by boat and since Cabbage Key is so close we sometimes stop there for food and docking. That's the ONLY reason we stop there: Cayo Costa State Park and taking a break from hiking.

Room Tip: Don't go there is the best tip I can think of.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank charles a
cabbage_key, Guest Relations Manager at Cabbage Key Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to Cabbage Key. I am sorry that Cabbage Key does not meet your expectations. As per my response to your review in May, 2013, we do not serve fries or chips - we never have for 35+ years - we only serve potato salad or coleslaw. It is not that we do not want to be bothered - this is our menu, and this is what we serve. Our eggs are scrambled - they are clearly listed on the menu as Three Eggs Scrambled. Again, as per my response to your review in May, 2013, we do have all of our menus posted on our website so our guests know what to expect when they arrive. Again, thank you for your review and sorry that we do not meet your expectations.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

My wife and I needed a little getaway before the holidays so this is the place to come to get away from the crowds. We rented a boat from Action Boat Rentals and spent two relaxing days here. We stayed in the "dollhouse". This small cabin is a reminder of old time Florida. It was very comfortable, clean and private. The staff was very helpful during our stay and went out of their way to make sure we were happy. We ate in the restaurant 3-4 times and the food was very good as usual, the menu is limited but ample. Our experience was very good and I'm sure we will be back. (we've eaten at the restaurant since the late 80's many times)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our Dollhouse Cottage. Early December is a great time to come to Cabbage Key and avoid the crowds. Renting a boat is a great way to visit the barrier islands and beaches in the area. Thank you again for sharing about your visit and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Friends were visiting from Washington DC and we decided to rent a boat from Jensen's on Captiva and boat out to Cabbage Key for lunch. Had a wonderful day. I had not been to the restaurant in probably 15 years. It is a unique place, just as I remembered. We were in the mood for burgers and ate outside and enjoyed the food and views. The dock master was a young man who was very helpful and pleasant. I would recommend visiting. My friends were talking about coming back and renting a cottage at some point.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marilyn B
cabbage_key, Guest Relations Manager at Cabbage Key Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

It is nice to read that you and your friends had an enjoyable day on the water visiting Cabbage Key. Cabbage Key has probably not changed much in the past 15 years...but, all of the accommodations have been updated and remodeled. Have your friends give us a call to check dates and reserve! Come see us again soon!

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Of course we had the Cheeseburger in Paradise. And it was as wonderful as described in the tune of the same name. Dinner was just as good. As was breakfast the next morning. Staff greeted us like we were family; went out of their way to pamper us. We like pampering. We walked the trails, climbed the water tower. We would have enjoyed having more places to explore, but then having Adirondack chairs in the shade and a couple of good books were marvelous substitutes. The dockmaster was on holiday, so we couldn't determine whether he was as malevolent as others had claimed, but the assistant dockmaster was gracious, even taking time to identify and chat with us about fish near the docks. Our room was cozy and spotless. There was no television, so we made our own entertainment. It was all lots of fun.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jerric0

It sounds like you had a enjoyable, relaxing stay. Come see us again soon!

Reviewed December 10, 2013

This is a very fun & unique place to go. You should do it at least once. The bar/restaurant is really cool. There are one dollar bills all over the walls & ceiling. They donate the money that falls off once a year to a local school. Their food is so fresh & delicious. Everyone I was with had the catch of the day with rice & beans. It was so good. They gave my boyfriend a piece of key lime pie for his birthday which was also delicious. The people that worked there were so friendly. I would love to go back. It would be my favorite place to eat if it was in my neighborhood.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nature_Girl2468

We are happy to hear that you and your group had a fun visit to Cabbage Key. Our back porch and bar area are covered in $1 bills - totaling about $100,000.00. When the money falls off the walls we collect it and donate it to different local charities. I will let the staff know how much you enjoyed your food and service. Thanks again for visiting and hope you can come back soon!