“A great place to relax and chill out”
Review of Cabbage Key Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bokeelia
Cabbage Key Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Bokeelia B&B and Inns
New York
“A great place to relax and chill out”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

If you're looking for golf, spa treatments and spa cuisine, this not for you. If you are looking for old Florida, good food, attentive, friendly service and a beautiful setting this is it. I spent four days here, stayed at the Inn and ate in the restaurant. Great people watching between 11 am and 1 pm when tour boats tie up and passengers disembark for lunch. Watch the sun set from atop the water tower or sit on a dock and watch the local wildlife fly by. Decompress in a place that makes you feel like you have been coming here for years.

I'm returning with my family for the Christmas holidays and renting a cottage. I hear they hold a doozie of a New Year's Eve party.

Room Tip: At the Inn most rooms are quiet in the morning and night. Many have screened porches.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
cabbage_key, General Manager at Cabbage Key Inn, responded to this review, February 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to taking the time to write about your recent stay. Your review is exactly what we strive for our guests - and perspective guests - to enjoy about our island. We cannot wait for you and your family to come back for the Holiday's - you are going to have a great New Year's Eve!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 27, 2012

My wife and I paddled our kayak over from Pine Island and stayed in the Tarpon Cottage, a 1930 former Tarpon research lab. The cottagge has its own dock with a view of the sound from the living room. It was very cozy and the full kitchen as nice to have. The restaurant was good-nothing fancy but well prepared and the service was warm and friendly. Having a drink at the bar with the colorful locals is a must. Cayo Costa state park is a short paddle away with access to the Gulf beaches, which were empty. If your looking for a relaxing get away without fancy ameneties this is defimitely the place.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michael K
On behalf of the entire staff at Cabbage Key, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. You were truly able to appreciate the Island - from the 5 mile kayak ride from Pineland, FL to venturing over to the beaches of Cayo Costa! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back on the Island soon!
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Spent a night there wont go back. The marina pilings are covered in bird crap making the marina stink to high heaven. Had to try a "cheeseburger in paradise" they were tiny over cooked dried out and not edible and $15 each with worse sides. Tried several dinner items in our group and only shrimp were decent. Had heard good things about restaurant but it must have changed. Over priced rooms slips and food. The setting is pretty but you are better off picnicking on cayo costa then wasting good money here.

• Stayed December 2011
5 Thank RnRadventures
cabbage_key, General Manager at Cabbage Key Inn, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Cabbage Key. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay on our island. I will share your comments with our management team & hope that you will give us another try.
Reviewed October 29, 2011

A nice area, interesting ambience in the restaurant and definately out of the way. However our brief experience was tarnished by a dockmaster who seemed to think things are run his way or the highway while running my boat. A few snarky remarks left me not wanting to return to that marina for sure.

• Stayed October 2011
8 Thank Trvllr84
cabbage_key, General Manager at Cabbage Key Inn, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here at Cabbage Key. We take all comments and criticism seriously and we will be sharing your experience with our staff. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention.
Sanibel
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My wife and I have been happily married for 47 years and live on Sanibel. My first overnight was a great time with my 3 sons in the Snook cottage, up early to fish and explore. When I returned home I thought "wouldn't it be fun to take my wife for a weekend getaway"?? The Dollhouse is perfect for two, coffee and sunrises at your own dock. Just a kick back and unwind. The restaurant is classic, the staff are friendly and helpful. Try it.....you'll like it.

Room Tip: Check the web site and ask questions if you have them. They are very helpful.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Bob1630
cabbage_key, General Manager at Cabbage Key Inn, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
We are pleased that you and your wife enjoyed your weekend getaway. The Dollhouse cottage is the perfect cottage for couples to getaway and relax. Hope to see you and the rest of the family soon!
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed September 15, 2011

This was our first overnight stay in cabbage key. We spent the night in one of the cottages. What a wonderful experience. From making the reservation with the friendly and efficient Tracy to the warm and friendly asst manager Amy and last but not least the waitstaff Steve. He was such a gentleman and highlighted the stay with his courteous and kind personality. The food was way beyond our expectations. Our dinner meal was simply superb! the ambiance was romantic and first class. The cottage was clean and even the bed was comfortable. All in all it was a spiritual and magical place to rest your mind, body and spirit surrounded by nature at its fullest. We'll be back.........Peggy

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank soleilray
On behalf of the entire staff at Cabbage Key, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write such kind words about your recent stay at Cabbage Key. We love when our guests truly appreciate the natural beauty our island has to offer. Hope to see you again soon!
Margate, Florida
Reviewed August 22, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Inn in Room 3, August 20, 2011...Yes one night, BUT, we totally enjoyed our stay. "The Help", (yes, there is a movie out "The Help", no haven't seen it yet, but will, as I have been told it is great), were fantastic, everyone we came in contact with. The reason I'm writing, an hopefully, Mr. & Mrs. Wells, this reaches BOTH your hands to read. I had the absolute pleasure of meeting your 2 dogs, we also have 2 dogs, Gunnar(Doberman), Max(rat terrier), like yours dogs (sorry, but don't remembers your dogs name as it was quite a quick encounter, BUT I did pet them (felt great), made me feel better after having to leave my dogs, I am sure you will agree that after time they are like our children. Yes, I do have human children, 3 grown sons, and a grown daughter and 6 grandchildren. Ok, the botton line is this. We would have loved to stay longer but I couldn't bring Gunnar and Max , and please try to understand why your feelings about renting your place with dogs could be a problem as some people ARE irresponsible, and I don't mean in the inn rooms, BUT, you have cottages, and why can an exception be made on one of the cottages to allow your dog or dogs, I am sure, as I am, that if people care enough to bring their dogs that they would have no problem paying a pet deposit, yes, you have yours rules and I respect that, but why not just have ONE cottage that people could bring their dogs. Walk them one the trail, keep them in a leash, pick up after them and they could be with their family also. You obviously love dogs or you wouldn't have them. And I am talking about ONE cottage, first come first serve Mr. and Mrs. Wells and if people know those are the rules they wouldn't get abset if they got beat to the first. Once again, we enjoyed our one day stay sooooo much, a little piece of the world away from the world....please consider changing that one little rule so we could come next time, stay at a cottage, leash, pick up after them in the trail and have them enjoy that little piece of the world also. GOD BLESS YOU BOTH/HORTENSIA PEREZ BELL

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hortensia b
cabbage_key, General Manager at Cabbage Key Inn, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay at Cabbage Key. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was pleasant. We will look into our pet policy - however, it is hard to accommodate all breeds and sizes! We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bokeelia
Tween Waters Inn Island Resort & Spa
West Wind Inn
West Wind Inn
#6 of 19 in Sanibel Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,660 reviews

Been to Cabbage Key Inn? Share your experiences!