“Great food, service and lovely owners”

Sal's Italian Ristorante
Ranked #488 of 842 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Can't understand previous reports. The owner and his wife are lovely and always warmly welcome us even though we only come to Florida twice a year and they always recognise us.
I strongly recommend the Talapia and their pizzas are delicious, my wife always has their salad served inside a pizza base.
Don't be put off by the other reports try it yourself and be very pleasantly surprised. Parking is easy and if, as it usually is in this small family run restaurant, very busy expect to wait to be served as you would in any restaurant where the food is cooked freshly to order.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

My wife and I went to nite to Sal's on Congress Ave Yamato Rd in east Boca for the second time. We ordered the Veal Milanese for $15.99. The soup was excellent, eggplant soup. Garlic rolls also good. The veal entree said "lightly breaded." What a joke. The thick breading totally surrounded
The thinnest slice of veal we ever saw. It might have been almost 1/8" thick, which was totally dry,
and we asked the waitress for some sauce for a minimum flavor. Not much better, we did not finish
the poor substitute for veal Milanese and returned it. The waitress did a great job, but could not
cover for the lousy entree. Don't think the Manager came over to make up to us for this disaster,
He never showed! What we paid $31 for was soup, salad, rolls, coffee and cake and cannoli. My wife was so nauseous...we won't be back!

1  Thank Don S
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Always enjoyed this restaurant until tonight! After spending close to $100.00., the owners wife came out side asked me very loudly and rudely" if we could straighten out the chairs as it will turn away business (as my grand daughter was playing on them) and asked if we paid for dinner.Clearly she thought we hadn't bought anything and wanted us to leave. I never in all the restaurants I'vee been in been treatly so rudely. Clearly don't go there with children!

Waitress was wonderful, I will say that. On top of that there was only one other couple sitting out =side and no one waiting to be served. She could have approached us alot differnatly....
DON'T TAKE CHILDREN THERE YOU WON'T BE WELCOME!

1  Thank FAMILYFOOD777
Reviewed August 26, 2013

So I ended our trip in boca raton after coming back from Miami And figured we should try Sals. This took place at 0930 on a Friday night and when I arrived inside I was treated by the owner with a strong Italian accent. As we were seated I couldn't decided what I wanted to drink. Somehow I ended up buying a bottle of wine and truthfully the owner ended up knowing what we wanted. He pretty much ordered our food and sold us a pitcher of white wine. The wine and the food was amazing including the service. I felt like family there and truthfully that was my best memory of my visit.

The tiramisu was amazing and so was the garlic bread. We couldn't finish the food and so decided to take the egg plant Parmesan to our hotel room for the next days lunch. The food tasted even more amazing. Truthfully this place is amazing and our night was more fun after the wine, egg plant Parmesan, salad, tiramisu. I live in oregon and I think about this place. They are good very professional people!! Do visit....

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I went to Sal's while visiting friends who live in the area. They eat here quite often, and I can see why. The staff recognize and warmly welcome them, remember their usual orders, and treated us all like family. I got a veal dish customized for my allergies and it was incredible- very tasty and they were so accommodating! Loved it, wish I lived nearby!