“Wonderful experience”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: NE Spanish River Blvd
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I visited upon the recommendation of his hospice nurse. He has difficulty tasting food and was able to taste and enjoy his chicken cacciatore. The chef was friendly and attentive to our needs. The food was fresh and spiced just right.
Based on our dining experience, we booked a cooking lesson with Chef Andy for my daughter, mother, and myself. My daughter was visiting on vacation and loved the afternoon of Italian cooking. We look forward to repeating the experience with other visitors.

Boca Raton, Florida
“Talias and Babas favorites.”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Talia's and Babas combine to present a fine value with very good food. My favorite dishes include the ceviche salad, seafood paella, clambake, and seafood cioppino. Clearly seafood from Baba's provides my primary motivation. Additionally the Michelangelo sandwich indeed presented a masterpiece, and the mushroom pasta tasted good too. As other reviewers observed, sometimes the ingredients deviate from the menu (white rather than wild mushrooms , mozzarella rather than feta in the Greek salad) but on the whole it remains a quirky, casual but relaxed place with very tasty food.

Boynton Beach, Florida
“Reminded me of Arthur Ave., but I moved out of the Bronx for a reason”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Like a previous reviewer, I also don't get it - I see all these great reviews and I too am perplexed. Just for your knowledge, there is no table service. When I placed the order at the counter and presented a $40 certificate, seven dollars short of the actual amount, I attempted to pay the balance with a charge card. It was refused because I was told "not when you are using that". My fish taco was very good, but it was more of a large wrap that was too large not to eat with a knife and fork. Unfortunately, it was almost impossible to use a knife when your food is served on a piece of wax paper that is on top of a metal basket with one inch spacing. After returning home I took another look at the menu online and realized that I was also not served the avocado, mozzarella and coleslaw, unless they somehow managed to include all that within the "taco". Another in my party ordered the Cesar Salad with chicken. It was OK, except a full 1/3 of the salad contained wilted lettuce which was inedible and ended up in the trash. Finally, the third member of our party ordered the eggplant parmigiana. Only comments were "remind me not to order eggplant parmigiana unless we are back in New York" and It was also cold eggplant covered with hot pasta and other ingredients. As far as the "One dollar beer" goes, it was tap and self serve. The proprietor, who had not seen me pay, made a point to ask me if I placed a dollar in the container. (Maybe he was kidding). While we were there for the better part of an hour, I observed several customers, maybe regulars by the way they interacted with the staff, refilling their cups with beer several times and not placing any cash in the container. Not the best way to make one feel very welcome or gain new customers. Finally, the place is rather cluttered and not in the way TGI Fridays or Cracker Barrel is. Laminated photos of menu items scotch taped to the wall along with Polaroid photos of previous customers and their food. It was a hodgepodge of menu items, photos, signs, food racks, t-shirts and other items that aesthetically added nothing to the decor. I may return, but next time for the $10 Hero sandwiches that look appealing.

1 Thank Dogybag
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A family table”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My Nona passed away few years ago and I miss her dearly. By chance one day I walked into Talia's and immediately felt like I was back in her kitchen. The smells, the food, the neopolitan cooking was so familiar and Andy made me so comfortable, my family and I are now regulars.
Here is to Talia's....la familia

Adriana, Gianni, Gio and Danny Z

1 Thank strompi
Royal Palm Beach
“What a treat!”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My daughter and I totally enjoyed the whole ambience and experience of spending such an enjoyable, worthwhile Sunday afternoon with Chef Andy in his cooking class. His culinary skills, knowledge mixed in with his charming personality and passion made it a delight. Loved the choices of the foods we prepared, savoring how delicious each of his quick sauces are and being able to bring away some new italian secrets to enhance our cooking. The whole experience brought me back to my old italian neighborhood in NY. Can't wait for his next class....this is the "real" deal!!