“tasty greasy spoon, good atmosphere”

Tom Sawyer Restaurant & Pastry
Ranked #84 of 812 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Buffalo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“tasty greasy spoon, good atmosphere”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Small, local feel, warm inside atmosphere with wood decor. Straight forward American breakfast, friendly service. Was only about 25% full when i visited 8am during the week, so food came out fast. They take Visa and MC, but not Amex.

Visited November 2013

Deerfield Beach, Florida
“This place never disappoints...”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I have been going to this place since high school(that was in the 70's!). I took my fiance there for breakfast and once again was very good. I was feeling adventurous so I ordered the chili and cheese omelette. Excellent. My fiance had eggs and french toast sticks which are a meal by themselves. The northwoods decor is cozy and the service is always good. This is the place the locals go, I am one of them!!!

• Visited November 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fun breakfast off the beaten path”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I'm down in s Florida for a wedding and we were looking for a breakfast place between Delray and Coral Springs to meet up...we found Tom Sawyers!

Don't let the outside put you off...just down from the FAU campus this place is tucked into a little strip center. The decor is wood cabinish keeping in theme with its name. The place was slammed with locals of all ages which is always a good sign.

I got the eggs Benedict which were ok...my friend got the standard eggs bacon and pancakes which were all really good. It looked like there were some fun items like a skillet breakfast served in the skillet. Cute! We didn't try the pastries but drooled over them on the way out....

I have a feeling if I ever move back down here this would become a regular haunt on weekend mornings!

The prices on the standard breakfasts were in line with expectations but I will say overall it was a little pricier than my usual places in Charlotte...both meals and coffee came to $21...

• Visited November 2013
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Breakfast gem”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Nice to have a place that is designated breakfast meetup. Always seem to meet family and friends here to get a relaxing breakfast in a super comfortable environment.

• Visited October 2013
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First & Last Time”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Went to the restaurant owned by the same tom sawyer on forest hill blvd the first time and there was a 45 minute wait,The place was mobbed with customers so we figured they must be having some good food here but we were in a hurry so we left and went back the next day.So we go back the next day on a Monday no wait time,we sit and order- The coffee was so strong strike 1-the country fried steak tasted so bad I just could not eat it-strike 2- Pancakes were terrible strike 3- and The BLT was like bacon bits strike 4...Is there more to say??? I do not think so...

• Visited September 2013