“Primmest Prime Rib!”

Ben’s Kosher Foods and Kosher Catering
Ranked #58 of 812 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: To some, delicatessen is something you put between two slices of bread. To me, it's a calling. I am committed to preserving the traditional cuisine of my Eastern European heritage, amidst all that's required to operate a modern restaurant. This is our pledge, from the Ben's family to you: Fresh food, freshly prepared and courteously served in a clean, well-maintained restaurant faithfully observing the Kosher dietary laws. I urge you to bring anything less to my personal attention by calling 1-888-344-BENS or filling out my "Ask Ronnie" form and submitting it with your questions or comments. Your complete satisfaction is our goal. Any concerns will receive my prompt attention. Ronnie - Owner
Saint Cloud, Florida
“Primmest Prime Rib!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We ate at Ben's Kosher Deli in Boca Raton, last Sunday evening. They had a Prime Rib special, that came with 2 sides, a glass of wine or a dessert and a cup of coffee. I ordered the sweet potato and marinated mushrooms and a glass of Zinfandel. I was impressed by the very generous cut of Prime Rib, it was enough for both my husband and I to eat. Though he had ordered a turkey dinner, he did have some of the prime rib with me. It was seasoned and cooked the way I ordered it, absolutely the best I have ever tasted. Service was good. Gerald, our waiter was overwhelmed with customers, but took time to be friendly and charming to us. The gentleman at the next table walked past, as my dinner was delivered and stated "Wow that looks good!" A few minutes later, I heard him order the prime rib too! Ben's is an upscale version of Too Jays, but the food and service are much better at Ben's. we plan to return, next time we are in Boca Raton!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank TugTerry

Atlanta, Georgia
“Hype over Quality and Service”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have been to Ben's on at least four occasions (believe me, not my choice but that of whom I'm visiting), and I can honestly say I don't get how this place is popular. Well, actually I do...it's the old, loyal clientele that reminesce about the delicatessens of old of which this does not qualify. I've tried cornbeef, turkey, pastrami, kanish,vpotato pancakes, potato salad, chicken fingers and fries all of which was either dry, bland or overcooked. The potato pancakes were greasy as if cooked in old oil, gluey in the middle and cremated dry on the coating. It was $10 for 3 huge gluey, greasy, tasteless potato pancakes. The service is aloof, and this last visit we had a server who provided some of worst service I've ever experienced in all my travels. I am very easy going, and will put up with a server who is overtasked, but this guy was the epitomy of poor service skills. The party who dragged us here are regulars so they received fawning attention from this guy, but the rest of us were ignored to the end. Couldn't get water, utensils, and he couldn't even properly explain a common entree on his menu. He spouted out some ingredients that were in the dish then walked over to someone else, and proceeded to tell us something entirely different. Before we left this "server" then whined about his closing procedures that he was tasked with at the end of the night. Cry me a river as someone in our party waited tables in her past and told us that was what any server who closed had to do! I suspect that when the senior patrons of this establishment pass on this place will probably go under as people under 45 like to go to restaurants that season their food, properly cook meat without drying it out, and provide good service. Next time, there will not be a next time as I'd rather eat just about anywhere else!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank blaklys
Boca Raton
“Other than real sauer pickles-- nothing special”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Only deli that has real sauer pickles.

Once had a turkey sandwich here which made boor's head seem like gourmet.

Very Overrated

Would recommend that you go to Toojays.

• Visited July 2012
“Best NY Style Kosher Deli in Boca”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

A fun destination for a New York Kosher Deli experience. Good food, lots of it, amazingly good service, reasonable prices. Join Ben's Club, get bonus in your birthday month and frequent diner points.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Mark W
“Best Jewish Deli in Town”
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Reminds me of your typical NY deli with a more modern and updated look. Counter service and takeout available. Matzo ball soup is really good. Matzo balls are large, light and fluffy. Stuffed cabbage is like it came from your kitchen. Turkey was a little dry. But overall a very good experience.

• Visited April 2013