“Not a bad place......” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
“Not a bad place......”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2011

As I had read in reviews previous to my trip this hotel is a bit older. Nice grounds, friendly staff, and as always promised with embassy suites free breakfast and Manager's Hour. This hotel seems to be geared for a more senior group. Apparently some of the snow birds come for a month or two at a time. The hotel setting is in a corporate park and seems to cater to conferences and meetings. For the first time we did not rent a car and relied on the van service and taxi's. The bellman is the driver of the van and the two gentlemen we met were very friendly and helpful. Front desk was not the same experience. We arrived early and were told we would need to wait until 3 PM, granted we were very early but usually a slightly earlier check in is not such a big deal. As we watched other guests check in we were curious as to how there were rooms for them. When we inquired we were told a few rooms are held for special guests. I forgot to ask but I wonder if we got a discount for NOT being special. Bar and restaurant staff were lovely. This particular hotel was not for me. I have stayed at the Marriott Delray Beach, beautiful but higher rates. We also like the Embassy Suites in Deerfield Beach, slightly higher rates but it is oceanside. I may investigate the Residence in at Delray and someone mentioned the Holiday Inn in Highland Beach. If anyone has thoughts on either please post. Thanks!

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank luvsireland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
waldorf
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2011

Lovely pool area. Rooms were nice, and now I know that they are called Embassy Suites because all rooms do have a seating area with fold out couch. With breakfast, happy hour- a good value. The hotel was lovely and a great stay for us.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2011

Very typical Embassy Suites hotel . Found the hotel to be in good shape pool was nice and hot tube also. Little short on towels breakfast was good. Over Christmas they served 1 hour latter for maily vacation travelrs goreat idea

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Lacey, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2011

You may say I have very high standards when I stay in hotels (which is over 50 stays a year). What I look for is a hotel room where I don't feel there were people who stayed before me. This means the the room is kept up, is very clean and does not make me feel "icky." I don't feel this hotel warrants a 2 star rating, but would probably put it closer to 2.75, based on conditions of some of the room features (carpet, beds), but I did feel the service was closer to a 4.

Location
The hotel is located off 95, so it's very convenient to the highway. There is not a lot located around this hotel, besides a McDonalds (a few blocks away). It's definitely in more of a corporate area, but surrounded by other hotels. As long as you know this, and have a vehicle, you'll be fine. If you are looking for a hotel that is in walking distance to nightlife, restaurants, etc., this hotel is not it.

Check-In
I found the staff to be very helpful. I didn't find to have any negative experiences as other travels did. This could be because I have status with the chain, but the front desk was quick and met my room requests.

Amenities
There is a business center, as well as some internet kiosks in the lobby. They do have a gift shop that keeps decent hours (open at 7, closed for a few hours in the evening, and then opens back up until 11pm). The prices in the gift shop were about 300% of what you'd pay in a grocery store (no, I'm not exaggerating). This isn't a-typical of hotels. The hotel does have on-site restaurants if you do not have the car I was speaking of earlier, but you will definitely pay. The hotel offers a fitness center (can't comment, as I didn't use it) and an outdoor pool. One of the big pluses, especially for families, is the free full breakfast in the AM and manager's reception in the evening. I did snag some fruit in the AM, and they appeared to have various hot selections as well.

Rooms
As I stated earlier, I don't want to know that anyone has been in the room before me. There are hotels that actually do meet this expectation, as they are kept up well and the housekeeping does an excellent job. Many folks commented on the floors and carpet. I do agree they need some TLC. This is what I would call a "socks" hotel, meaning that I wouldn't want to walk around the carpeting without socks. My carpet appeared to be vacuumed, but it could definitely use a steam clean. It wasn't disgusting by any stretch, but just looked a bit old. I found the same thing in the common hallways and in the conference rooms (those rooms actually did not appear to be vacuumed, and badly could have used a steam clean).

The two bedroom suite is separated by a door and the living room features a work table with extra chairs, LCD TV, a sofa (it was not one that I would want to sleep on, just very dated), a sitting chair (nice condition) and then a micro-fridge. I've stayed in other Embassy's where they had a nice area to put snacks, food, etc. This was more of a dorm micro-fridge type combination, there is not a lot of room for food if you are staying for a long period of time. This room also features a closet and hangers.

The bedroom has the bed(s) as well as a dresser with an LCD TV. It did have closed caption, but you have to search for it in the menus. The iron was in so-so condition and the alarm clock did function well and has a backlit (you would be surprised at how many hotels have clocks that don't). I found the bed a bit soft for my taste. The linens were decently clean, but I pulled out the bed to check for critters and did notice a lot of hairs on the baseboard (is really gross, I dare you to pull back the mattress). Again, not unusual, but shows me that they could pay a bit more attention to detail.

The bathroom was a decent size and featured a very large granite top, which is great if you have to store a lot of personal items. They do provide a small shampoo, conditioner and lotion and found the towels to be ample. Other thing I could have used was a towel rack. The hair dryer is located in a bag on the back of the door. I found the floor to be in need of TLC. There were obviously places that needed grout (there was none between the wall and the floor), floor just didn't seem very clean. The tub/shower itself was fine and I didn't have any of the problems other individuals did with the fixtures. I did not hear a lot of room noise, but I did request a room on the opposite side of the train. It's also possible I had quiet neighbors.

Overall
I stayed here for business, but I don't think I'd return. This area of Boca is bit farther out for my taste and I've stayed in other hotels that are a bit newer and more comfortable. Old Embassy's are a bit tricky. It's great having a two room suite and the free meals, but when they are dated, they are dated and not comfortable enough for me. I do expect a lot of hotels that I stay in and unfortunately with the economy downturn I've seen a lot of hotels that aren't doing routine maintenance and waiting to "refresh" the rooms longer than they should. All the staff I encountered were extremely helpful and friendly, I do give them that.

If you have lower expectations and get a good rate, I would go for it.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2011

The tub clogged up, yucky. The bathroom needed cleaning. The hotel itself looked dirty and apparently they either have no janitorial services or they are not paid enough-dirt on the floors everywhere. Do not stay here.Only plus was the breakfast

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank lovethecowboys
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2011

We had a problem with Housekeeping at the hotel. Understandable but when the Manager(Jeff) was notified it got worse. Jeff continually said he would take care of it (He didn't). After 2 calls and 2 trips to the "SEE" him and 4 hours later, the room was finally cleaned (towels and bed made (only!!!) I spoke with the day Manager (Marcel) and he requested I see him the following morning prior to my checking out so he could take of the situation.

He didn't show up for work on time. Left name and number and he never called. The Management at this hotel must take courses in LYING to its paying customers but they don't do it very well.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank rjl06
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2010

Loved this hotel! Beautiful lobby and the room was nicely decorated, clean, quiet, with a very comfortable bed, flat-screen tv. It was fairly large with a separate sitting area with another tv where you could close the door to the bedroom. The bathroom was also fairly large with ample space on the granite vanity. And the free buffet was wonderful- it included made- to- order eggs as well as fruits, breads and pastries. There was also a happy hour that included free drinks. We found the staff extremely nice and helpful- the only problem was they sometimes seemed a bit under-staffed often with just one person at the desk and two at the most. The only other negative was although the pool area was very nice l it didnt look like it got much sun. But all in all this was a great deal- very reasonably priced and a very nice hotel. (We also looked at the nearby Spring Hill Suites- although the room was nice - it was a lot smaller and there was no door between the bedroom and living space)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple