We stayed here last week to attend a family function, so we had 3 rooms in total. The service was pleasant and helpful. The restaurant food was surprisingly good (if a bit overpriced, which is to be expected in a hotel restaurant). The cocktail hour was disappointing - limited drinks, and the only snacks were popcorn and chips. I've had much better ones at other Embassy Suites. For some strange reason the gift shop was closed between 1 and 5 pm which I found odd. The free internet kiosk in the lobby seemed to block many applications (like Facebook) and was very slow. The gym had some good equipment, but only 2 elliptical machines.
While it appears to be more business oriented, I found the "happy hour" to be more family oriented. It was like the hotel couldn't make up it's mind if it's primarily for families or business, although the location screams business.
While the literature in the room claims all Embassy Suites have wet bars, our rooms only had a microwave on a high shelf over the small fridge. The only sink was in the bathroom, which was an adequate size. There is an armoire in lieu of a closet, which was fine, and adequate dresser drawer space. Both rooms had flat screen TV's with a good assortment of channels, including MSNBC and Comedy Central as well as HBO.
Soda machines were out of water and gobbled up money, but when I went to the desk to try to get my money back, the pleasant clerk gave me several bottles of water so I really could not complain. The staff overall was pleasant and helpful.
There is free self parking as well as valet for a fee (although I cannot fathom why someone would pay to have their car parked when they can park in the same lot for free). There are fast food and minor shopping options within driving distance, but without a car it would have been rather isolating, and not near anything interesting.
My issues were a skimpy happy hour and poor internet options. It's a tossup whether I'd recommend it - we used Hilton points and only stayed for a few nights, so it worked out fine for us, but for anything besides visiting friends/relatives or area business, I can't see the appeal. So I guess I'll say I would recommend within those parameters if you use points or get a good rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embassy Suites Boca Raton is located in the heart of Boca Raton. Easy access to all major Boca Raton attractions including the upscale Town Center Mall, Boca Raton Museum of Art, Mizner Park Shopping and Dining, Boomers Family Fun complex, Morikami Japanese Gardens, Trendy Atlantic Avenue, and of course, those beautiful beaches. Also close by you will find Florida Atlantic University, and Lynn University. Complimentary Full cooked-to-order breakfast each morning and nightly managers reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Embassy Suites