“Good stay with some flaws”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed January 5, 2010

Overall my stay was alright. We were in town to see family and arrived late. My first experience with the front desk did not go very well. We are Hilton Honors members and had requested a high floor room. The front desk agent handed me our keys and stated we would be on the 4th floor. I then stated that we had requested a high floor to which she replied, "We don't have now and had you called up a few weeks in advance we could have done you a favor and put you high up. At least that is what I like to do when I get the calls" I explained I had requested this when I made the reservation months in advance to which she replied, "We don't have anything now it is busy but we can always move your room if something becomes available." This was not an option as we were traveling with 4 kids and staying for a week.

Anyway, the room was nice but the door stuck. You had to pull it tight to make sure it shut and if you did not the door would be left open. The room was plain but clean. On our second morning there we went down and found all of the lug nuts had been removed from our Suburban and then they were thrown about everywhere. The people that had done that had then put the covers back on the wheels, luckily for us one of the covers fell off and we noticed. The hotel staff were very helpful in locating them and putting them back on for us. They did not however notify the police nor did they look at their cameras (to my knowledge!). The breakfast was extremely busy but good. They clear your table as quick as you finish a plate of food.

The pool area was clean and well maintained. My kids enjoyed it and there were plenty of towels. Many people were swimming despite the cooler temperatures and staff were constantly resupplying towels!

I would stay there again because it is close to my family and friends.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,328)

Reviewed January 4, 2010

Stayed here because of a wedding nearby. Overall, great stay. Super comfy king bed. Being able to sit at a table in your room and eat dinner is a huge plus. We were told that the hotel was conveniently located to many local attractions, which is true, if you have a CAR! We decided not to rent a car. Luckily, the front desk staff was kind enough to have the hotel shuttle get us to the places we wanted to go. A couple of issues: Internet costs $10/day, and it's not very fast (but fast enough for Netflix); and, the TV remotes are not very responsive (it takes a couple of pushes to get the channels to change).

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2009

Stayed here for three nights post cruise with my husband, mother and three sons. First off the staff was friendly upon our arrival and allowed us to check in at 11 am. We found the room to be very spacious and very clean. The pool area was nice, but do note there are only a few hours a day that it is in the sun - and it took a lot of chair shifting to stay in the sun. The work out area was fantastic - lots of equipment, free weights and even exercise balls. Also a nice scale to use to check your luggage for weight limits.

The managers reception was standard - but bartender was friendly and drinks were pletiful. The breakfast was fabulous. Cooked to order omelettes, eggs, pancakes and bacon.

There are a lot of dining locations near by - would need a car though. Beach access easy too. There was a business center and then kiosk with free internet. I opted to pay for wireless access at 9.99 a day and found it to work perfect in both room and by pool.

I would stay here again - and at a rate less then 100 a night - the six of us got our money's worth!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2009

We've stayed in many Embassy Suites, and this was by far the worst managed one. The suites were not kept up (our first one leaked, second one had broken switches on 2 of the lamps). Breakfast lines were horrendous, and they rushed you out of the dining room. The were not courteous at all - in fact down right rude. At first I thought it was a fluke, but then I realized it is just the way this hotel is managed. We stayed for a week, several times the housekeeper forgot to refill toilet paper and tissue. When I saw her in the hallway to ask, she made me call the front desk (who rarely answered) to ask for more. Maybe she didn't understand English, not sure. The staff at breakfast was rude, especially the chef who "cooked to order" but with a side of attitude. They constantly make my kids uncomfortable. They were walking between suites because their cousins were staying there and were told numerous times (the oldest being 11) that they were not allowed in the hallway without parents (we were on the same floor). The front desk was nice if you got the right person, but some of them were not. It's great space for the money, but hte Deerfield Embassy Suites is much better.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2009

The Embassy Suites Boca Raton is definately the place to stay! Aamzing price, amazing rooms, amazing everything! The rooms were very big, a living room, a bedroom, a mini kitchenette, a full bathroom and even a balcony! The staff were very nice and friendly and I will definately go back there for my next Winter Break vacation! Very well priced! The free breakfast is outstanding! All you can eat every morning. They have everything! Make your own omlette, waffles, crepes, pancakes, egg. Fresh Fruit, toast bagels, muffins! Coffee, tea and everything! It was delicious. The free coacktails were also very extravagant.The pool is heated and very nice aswell as a hot tub! It is in the perfect location right near restaurants and about 5 minutes from the Boca Town Center! It was absolutely the perfect hotel. One of the best I've stayed at so far! I would definately recommend this hotel for families and basically everyone. Cant wait for next year!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 14, 2009

The hotel is nice and the free breakfast and happy hour were a nice addition. I will stay there again on my next trip to the Del Ray /Boco Raton area.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2009

This hotel had completed a renovation prior to our arrival. It is a mid 80's design with a open central atrium. Everything was clean and fresh but the room level hallways surrounding the atrium were dark. The Living Room was painted a dark color and gave the feeling of being in a dungeon. The bedroom and bathroom were nice and exactly as expected. There was no closet in the bedroom and also no safe in the room ??? The ad for the hotel listed free internet in the room as did the hotel manual. Wireless internet access was $10 a day. There was free internet access in the business center and at a kiosk. I showed the desk clerk the room manual they provided wireless internet at no charge. The rooms deck was useless as it was very narrow (maybe 30") and did not have any furniture. We ordered room service one night and the hamburgers were inedable. I used the gym and the two pieces of equipment I used had failing parts. We never made it to the free breeakfast or coctail hour but the other guests seemed to enjoy these great amenities.
My wife and I travel frequently and we will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple