“going downhill fast”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed December 21, 2008

Nice property but dated and not well kept. I am a network Engineer and one of my requiremtns is fast reliable internet. I called to be sure the hotel had good WiFi. I mentioned my concerns about other travelers saying it was weak. The manager assured me that they had recently upgraded the internet connection and the Wireless APs. Not true, beware of weak signal and very slow connection. Speed tests reveal that the gateway is less than 1.5Mbps for the entire hotel and the WiFi only works in the fronts of the rooms close to the hallway. The maintenance refused to even check the APs on our floor for power when I got no signal in the hall directly under the antenna, just a weak signal from an AP on another floor. If you really need to be connected, especially for RDP or VPN, STAY ELSEWHERE.

Also, the hotel is generally dirty, especially the spa and pool. There seems to be a real lack of employees for the Hotel size. plenty of better choices in the area for the same money.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank orange6553
Write a ReviewReviews (1,314)

Reviewed November 19, 2008

Excellent stay. The pool is very nice and so are the suites. LCD television in the bedroom, but not a very large selection of channels.

Also, they charge about $10/day for internet access, and it is incredibly show.

I ended up using my BlackBerry as a modem and it was faster than the hotel's connection.

However, considering that I paid $99/night for the room, I certainly can't complain. It was a great bargain. No issues with the room or staff.

Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed November 15, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Embassy Suites Boca Raton for
5 nights In November 2008. Overall we enjoyed our visit.
We were allowed to check in early. A room came available immediately after our bags were put in storage, costing us a
double tip, but we did get in early. Our room was very clean
and well laid out. Housekeeping was prompt each day, in fact
our room was cleaned while we were down to breakfast one
morning. The breakfast and managers reception each morning
and evening were very good. Two minor complaints. (1) The
morning breakfast staff were sullen and slow. Acted like they
hated their jobs. The chef, however, did a good job of cooking eggs and pancakes to order. (2) Other Embassy Suites we have stayed at had more than popcorn and pretzels or goldfish for snacks. But how can you complain about free drinks served with a smile.

The location turned out to be just right. We were able to access
all the tourist attractions from W. Palm Beach to Miami Beach
via I95 which is very close to the hotel or by good surface
streets. There are numerous restaurants within reasonable
driving distance. We particularly enjoyed a restaurant called
Cabana in Del Ray Beach. There were numerous other
restaurants in the same location as Cabana, most offering
outside dining which was very pleasant. I would definitely
recommend this Embassy Suites

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2008

We booked hotel as HH members. Having a large family, we have a loyalty to Hilton's suite accommodations unless they are not available in the city we visit.

Upon arrival we checked into room that we felt was below standard. It had an odor of smoke although it was a nonsmoking room. The front desk changed our room with a smile. We did transition to a better room, but I think that the hotel is a just dated.

The price, customer care, pool and convenience to I-95 out weighed the dated room., and that made it ABOVE AVERAGE. We ended up having a wonderful vacation. We spent most of our 14 day vacation at this property. Would recommend for families with children. We also loved that we could get to Ft. Lauderdale beaches, south and West Palm beaches, north in no time. Have already booked again for our holiday visit.

Thurston's Atlanta, GA

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank JOJO6
Reviewed October 26, 2008

Everything was fantastic! Hotel is centrally located to all of Boca Raton, close to the beach, shopping and restaurants. There is free parking in the front and convenient to I-95. The hotel service was outstanding as I was pleasantly greeted every time I passed through the lobby. Check in was quick and easy, staff informed my family about the free breakfast and cocktails. They did forget to put in my Hilton Honors number, but I got it put in a check out. The rooms were great, big suites with balconies, and flat screen tv's very comfortable and clean. Bathrooms were big and had nice amenities. We enjoyed the free business center and used the pool and fitness center all in very nice condition. I would definitely stay there again, great location, clean friendly service and GREAT value for anyone traveling these days to Boca Raton!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2008

My husband and I booked this hotel for a meeting Sept 10-13th. The meeting was being held at the Boca Resort Club, but after much research, we decided to stay at the Embassy Suites in Deerfield Beach. What a good decision that turned out to be. First of all, the location was great. Our room was fabulous overlooking the beach and the pool area with a nice balcony (room 738) The rate was $169 per night not including taxes. Included in our rate was comlinmentary breakfast every morning, and I am talking about real breakfast with eggs, sausage, made to order omelets...etc. Then at 5:30 each evening there is a managers reception in the bar with free drinks until 7:00. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The beach is just across an access alley with beach chairs provided. Can't say enough about this facility, and we will surely stay there again.

Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank abilenedudette
Reviewed August 29, 2008

We originally booked the Hilton suites in Boca. After arriving we realized we wanted to be in a more family friendly hotel. We called the Embassy Suites and told us they had plenty of rooms available.

We arrived about 11am, and our room was ready. Check in was fast and very friendly. Front desk was always accommadating throughout our stay. Self park for free. Always space available, even late at night.

There are 3 free computers with internet in the lobby. Yes, sometimes they were taken by children playing computer games. We sometimes had to wait, but never a big problem. Hotel seems to cater to large groups. There was a girls basketball team there while we were there. Breakfast gets a little crowded, but never too bad. During the day, these groups are busy with their activities, so the hotel wasn't busy.

Rooms are newly renovated. Very clean. Good towels. Plenty of them too. Comfortable beds, good linens. Clean frig. Flat screen tv in bedroom. Plently of closet space. No in room safe.

Pool was clean and not too crowded. Very good pool towels. Always had towels available and you could take as many as you needed. You could even take them with you to the beach, which is a few miles away. A shuttle is provided to the beach as there is a limited amount of parking.

Breakfast is typical Embassy Suites -- hot and made to order omlettes, pancakes. Cold buffett. Anything you can think of. Always fresh, and always good. Only minor complaint - one day breakfast was very busy and items took a long time to get replenished. We waited 20 minutes for the coffee urn to be refilled.

Managers free 2 hour reception - beer, wine, soda, basic cocktails. Shirley temples for the kids. Popcorn and goldfish too. Service with a smile everynight.

Our family has been here before and will continue to visit this wonderful hotel. This is a wonderful family hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family