“Great Staff”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The room was very musty and would not have been able to stay another night unless moved to another room, water damage in hotel but on they were fixing - no bother to guests. breakfast was good, Staff WONDERFUL. Was just there for a short time to sleep and eat breakfast. Great room for 5 people if you need that. Carpet in lobby real dirty

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank Mickie R
Seth B, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to say such kind words regarding the staff. We call this our home away from home and all take pride in our responsibities here. As our beautiful renovation continues on I am quite certain that all of your concerns will be rectified. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future, when renovations are complete. Safe travels.....

Reviewed September 22, 2013

OK, we are picky, maybe very picky. We live on a resort island and know a thing or two about hospitality and spotless suites. This one was not spotless, I expect sliding doors to a balcony to be clean, as well as shower walls. I had to hunt down the valet twice, but overall service outstanding from front desk to room service. Housekeeping good use some lessons from us...in all areas. We were in town to buy a new bimmer and very excited, we left the hotel after a great breakfast spent hours at the dealership, grabbed some lunch and returned to the room around 3 with both cars to watch the Gators game....room had not touched. Not happy but too busy to call and complain by then. After I figured out how Valet worked there I was blown away with the valet "Pierre" he had us down pat and had toy of our choice out front waiting. We plan to return soon...housekeeping? Lessons available

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued traveler, I am so elated that we made your weekend and hope you enjoy many, many more. Please come back and visit us upon completion of our renovation. Thank you and safe travels......

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Most everything about the Embassy suites is very good..The property and pools are is beautiful..The 2 room suite is perfect with the frig and coffee maker The bed is excellent with a quilt cover..Love the pillows too..But don't try to adjust the A/C temp warmer..We moved it to 80f with no response..I stays cold.. Our room was freshly renovated and everything was new, including the carpet..It still had that strong New Carpet smell..The shower was great as the oversize bath towels..
From 5:30pm till 7:30 pm the have a Complimentary cocktail hour which wa great..Gary our bartender was super.."Don't forget to tip" He is worth it..The snacks were average.
After we had French onion soup and I was not impressed..Maybe me..? Our second evening we went out to eat.
Overall the staff was very nice and we had a nice stay..We will return on another Florida Road Trip..

Room Tip: The upper floors have a great view from the balcony..
Reviewed September 18, 2013

You will never find such an excellent breakfast all over the country. No plastic cups, plates and cutlery! America is starting to change his "throwaway society image". This is honorable. Staff was very friendly and helpful but service is improvable: In the first day room service "was just forgotten", second day we had to move in the evening from one room to another "because of renovation works" although there were plenty of rooms unoccupied. We will surely come back again when the hotel is renovated.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Overall I love Embassy Suites and have stayed in many of them across the country. This one has a very nice dining atrium. The food is excellent and they have a new head chef (who I happen to meet in the elevator) who was extremely excited about great things coming to the hotel. The rooms are being renovated and I stayed in one of the older ones which was fine. I was surprised there wasn't water in the refrigerator but the front desk was happy to give us some.

The only issue over the weekend was the bar. There is a nice looking full service bar but paying $11. (each) for a vodka & tonic and a vodka and club soda is outrageous. Some of the finest hotels and bars in New York City don't charge that for a simple cocktail. Not to mention that there was more soda than liquor in the drink. Extremely disappointing so our night at the bar ended quickly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Seth B, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind and honest response. Our new Chef is for sure someone we are quite proud of and I am glad that you had the opportunity to meet him. Please come experience the newly renovated us in the near future!!!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This hotel is nice. Nothing fantastic, but good service, free breakfast and happy hour. If you are looking for a safe area, comfortable bed and great freeway access, this is your hotel. As parents of a student at Florida Atlantic University, this is our " go to" when visiting our son. Nothing spectacular, but great prices and friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LakeMaryCindy
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Embassy Suites is usually a favorite place of mine to stay. This was my first visit to this location. It was under renovation which it obviously needed. The check-in was pleasant. When I needed information about local restaurants, I was referred to a location on the wall which was not a very inviting display. The carpet on the first floor should have been replaced years ago. It was neglected too long. The room bedding was nice and the bed was comfortable. At the manager's reception, my brother was told that he needed to bring his glass back for a refill, which I felt must have been a health violation of some type. When I returned and ordered a glass of pineapple juice, I was not asked for my old glass, which I was relieved about. As a Diamond Hilton Honors member, I have stayed at Embassy Suites across the country and have never been asked to return my glass for a refill. The chief at breakfast was nice and prepared a wonderful omelet. The servers never cleared our table of empty dishes. The staff needs additional training in customer service. They were nice but not very attentive. I am not sure if I will ever return to this location anytime soon. It may be better after the renovations but they still need to work on the service in the restaurant area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank deasgabills
Seth B, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

I want to thank you for sharing your honest and constructive criticsm with us. I can asure you that I will address your concerns with the proper departments and will use your words as tools for training. Please feel free to contact me personally at the hotel at 561-994-8200 ext. 169. Thank you, and we certainly hope you give us another oppportunity to prove to you what we truly strive for in our newly renovated property in the months to come. Seth Berkeley