“excited to stay”

Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Lauderhill, United States
“excited to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I am looking for another chance to get away and its no quesions about where i'm going to rest. The Embassy Suite. Everything was great, my kids loved the pool, my husband and I loved the fitness room everything was Awesome!!!!!!! Thank you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Santa Cruz, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip. The size of the room was great however the bathroom had mold on the floor and tub; there was tons of trash under the bed which was yuckie! BUT, the for a budget, it is worth it compared to say California or NY prices

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Dunlap, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Embassy Suites are generally on my list of hotels that I seek out when traveling with my extended family. They usually have nice, clean rooms, plenty of space, and modern amenities that make the stay comfortable, and then there are receptions and breakfast for the gang as a bonus. My stay in Boca Raton was underwhelming given the success I usually have with Embassy. The room, while clean, was outdated, the outlets were hanging out of the walls, extension cords massed with plugs were running the lights, and to top it off, the room was damp and musty. I realize that this is an exception to a normally positive rule, but be forewarned, this Embassy is not on par with others I have encountered around the country.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

East Central Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was my second stay at this property, I stayed one night on a business-related trip. Check-in went well with an advance reservation, except for the fact that a large number of Valet spaces were blocked off with no Valet in site to park. Self-parking relegated me to "the back 40" as there were two events going on with many non-staying individuals hogging the available parking. Hotel proper was clean with employees in evidence on the ground floor.

The guest room was not the newest in the world. One bed had a very soft mattress, almost to the point that my wife wanted to sleep on the couch in the sitting room. My bed was fine. The bathroom was not as clean as I was hoping it should be, the air vent above the sink was caked with dust and dirt on the exterior. The silver kleenex dispenser was streaked on the back side with an unknown fluid. The tub had a very visible rust ring on the outside top rim along with black horizontal cracking on the exterior. Shower was marginally OK, good temperature and low water pressure & flow. Towels were medium soft and dried well.

What really made an impression on this visit, however was what we found when we were dressing the following morning. We pushed both the blackout curtain and the white translucent curtain back to allow light in the room, at that point we found a pair of tan male shorts that were hiding under the curtain. This was wrong on a few levels. Housekeeping could not have vacuumed or cleaned in this area without noticing these, meaning the room was not sanitized correctly from the last guests. We called the Sunday AM manager on duty to the 5th floor room, "Jeff'" came up along with a housekeeping supervisor. We showed him the shorts, they were removed with an apology but nothing else.

Breakfast was good, good variety of foods and beverages. Also we did attend the Sat. night managers reception, snacks and libations were adequately provided, although it would have been nice if the property had included nuts as a separate side for this. No problems on checkout other then the fact we feel we should have been somewhat compensated for sleeping in a dirty room, no joy with that one of course.

This property would normally get either an average based on all factors, however the improperly cleaned room harpooned that rating! My expectations as a Hilton Honors member are that the guest rooms be correctly cleaned and sanitized for my arrival each and every time without fail. This was NOT the case. POOR housekeeping practices along with POOR management review of the rooms prior to renting. Very disappointing and not meeting Hilton minimum expectations. Hilton QA, if you are monitoring this forum this property needs some of your attention!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank elc32955
Forney, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

The Embassy Suites in Boca Raton has always provided the best service for our groups. We have made reservations here because the staff is so friendly and if there IS anything wrong with your room they correct it immediately.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have stayed at Embassy Suites all over the US in the last 13 years and I can say with confidence that this is probably the ugliest, most rundown Embassy I have ever encountered. To make matters worse, management has the gall to block off ALL the parking spots close to the lobby for valet parking. I don't really mind the longer walk to the lobby but I don't see the logic of forcing your guests to walk farther to park and to have to endure the humidity and heat. All this incovencience just so the hotel can make a few extra dollars. C'mon, I didn't see even one car pay for valet parking during my 2 night stay. Pathetic.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Christopher C
Seth B, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am sorry that you feel that way towards our property but undersatnd that your response is an isolated one. We never mean to dissapoint and understand that the valet area upset you, so I apologize. Limited service properties under the Hilton Brand such as Hampton's and Hilton Garden inn's do not offer such services and may exceed your expectations in the future. Thank you for your continued brand loyalty.
Atlanta, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

The bathroom was dirty with hair on the floor and in tub. The safety of the hotel balcony is lacking--anyone can hop over the metal partition. Being a female traveler who is alone all of the time, safety is very important. Also, the noise from the atrium was disturbing while I tried to work in my room. I had dinner at the restaurant and it was really bad--there were flies all over my food and I ended up feeling sick after I ate. The service was really terrible too. I have stayed in many Embassy Suites and this is the worst one! I was thankful I was in and out for a quick work trip. Otherwise, I would of changed hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business