“Pretty Good...I expected worse...”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

I paid $70 a night on Memorial Day Weekend which was a steal in itself...Free breakfast and Free drinks in the afternoon how do these guys make any money?....And it's not a cold cereal and toast type of thing were talking made to order omlettes, bacon, sasage, french toast, pancakes, potatoes, fresh fruit, yogurts, pastries, cereals, jucies, coffee, etc....The rooms are nice and spacious but I did have allergies which usually means its not as clean as can be...All in all its a great value for the money. I cant rate it any higher because I've stayed at better places but, this is a solid choice can't go wrong here...

• Stayed: May 2013
BocaRatonEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for letting everyone know what a GREAT VALUE our hotel is. I appreciate your insightful feedback .

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Good location hotel a little runned down, great free breakfast... nosiy rooms and staff did very little to help with the noise level. Pool is small in shade most of the day. very business center and internet access is a plus in the room

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for telling us about your stay. Glad that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. I do apologize for the noise levels you experienced during your stay. I will use this information to help our team handle these issues better in the future. Please contact me directly if I may be of assistance in the future. Again I appreciate your comments

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Exactly what you would expect from an Embassy Suites; the big atrium lobby, the free made to order breakfast, a decent size pool though this one seemed a tad small for such a big hotel however the area was clean and comfortable with plenty of seating and clean towels available at all times. The hotel also has a nice gym and plenty of free parking available. It was Memorial Day weekend so I expected some big crowds but that didn't turn out to be a problem except maybe during breakfast both days where the line for the made-to-order omelets and pancakes was always too long to wait for. It didn't matter much because in addition to that, they had a buffet with eggs, bacon, potatoes, fruits, yogurts, cereals and plenty of fruits and breads including bagels and muffins. Our suite was roomy and clean, my husband and I slept in the King bed in the bedroom which was very comfortable (and the pillows were great) and our granddaughter slept in the sofa bed in the living room which was perfect for her. She was happy that she had her own TV. The living room also had a small fridge, coffee maker, microwave and a nice desk. We had a small balcony but it was unfurnished. I would have liked some chairs in it to sit and chill. Our view was of the railroad tracks, the website had offered an upgrade for $5/day of a lake view and it noted that we would be advised when we got there if the upgrade was available or not but the truth is that the front desk clerk didn't even mention it so I didn't ask. I had made my reservation using the AARP discount which noted "late check out if available". Upon checking in the clerk told me that we could check out late @ 2pm (regular check out is at noon) but when I called the morning that we were leaving to confirm our late check out the operator told me that I had to check out at noon because he "didn't have any late check outs on this date". This is the reason why I didn't give it more stars. The hotel had emptied out almost completely. There was no way that they couldn't have granted me the late check out. The clerk simply didn't feel like it. As a matter of fact there was a gentleman by the pool who told me that he had late check out and that he didn't have to leave until 2:30 PM so apparently late checkouts where in fact available, just not for me. The location is fine, right off of 95 and within minutes of some nice places including Mizner Park which is a nice shopping and entertainment complex where we had dinner one night. We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Definitely try to get a higher floor because the view is better and request pool or lake view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

We're so happy to hear that you chose to stay with us during your business seminar and that your overall stay with us was very pleasant. I'm sorry to hear that we were unable to give you a late check out. There are times where we are unable to accommodate request such as these; however, I have talked with our team about your request so that we may better serve our all Guest in the future. Thank you for your honest and helpful feedback.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Embassy suites at Boca Raton is a well maintained hotel. It was clean and attractive. Bedding is comfortable. Double vanities, one in bathroom and one in changing area. Livingroom is comfortable with a sleeper sofa, chair, desk which also serves as an eating area. There is a microwave, refrig. and coffee maker. Coffee and tea is provided. Housekeeping is good and so is the front desk. Pool area is inviting. Atrium is well appointed with small chair grouping and a 3 meal restuarant. Breakfast is included in your reservation and has cooked to order eggs. Also available: juice, coffee, tea, bagels, toast, bacon, sausage, potatoes,cereal, fruit and yogurt. Relaxing weekend. About 30 minutes from Pompano Race Track and Casino and the same time to Coral Springs.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor room. We were on the 2nd floor and a party was going on under us.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for highlighting the hotel key Product and Service attributes. Our Suites and Complimentary Breakfast are two of Embassy Suites signature items, I am glad to hear we delivered them to your satisfaction. Look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thank you again

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel was nice and clean, staff very friendly! The breakfast buffet was awesome, the only thing I was a little disappointed was the price to use their wifi...thought $9.00+ a day was a bit much. Other than that we would stay again, place was great!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for all of your feedback regarding our hotel. I really appreciated your kind words in regarding our Team Members and about our Breakfast. I appreciate your honest and objective feedback about our Internet charge. We do have free internet access in our Business Center. It was good to see that you had an overall good stay and that the team here looked after you. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I say it's a great place to stay, because it is a great place to stay. The location is great, the rooms are great, and spacious, and clean. What you see in picture on line, is what you get when you arrive, and actually some more. I chose this hotel, by accident, after having a disastrous stay at the Boca Rotan Plaza Hotel, where I checked out early. I had my wife and kids with me, it was early in the morning, and when I showed up at the Embassy Suites, they seemed pretty busy that day, but the girl at the reception desk took it upon herself to check us in early, at no cost, at the 7th floor. That kind of hospitality is worth appreciating, and not forgetting. Everything about this hotel is great. Look forward to checking in next year.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. I really appreciate you taking the time to let others know what you thought in regards to our hotel. It was good to see that you found our team was hospitable to you and your family.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My room (at the 7th floor) was spacious and comfortable. Actually a suite with 2 rooms separated by the big bath room.
Make sure you stay as higher as you can since the room's door are all facing the "inner peer". And it can be very noisy at times.

One very nice feature is the manager's reception every afternoon. Drinks, popcorn and snacks served in the restaurant.
The breakfast is very good as well.

Room Tip: as higher as you can
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and thank you for highlighting key attributes, Location and our Complimentary Breakfast. Look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thank you again