“Needs updating” 3 of 5 bubbles

Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
“Needs updating”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Room dark. Carpet needs updating. Toilet in room had black scuff marks all over the outside of the bowl. No cream for in-room coffee maker. Called front desk to ask for coffee and cream. Security guard brought one pack of decaf coffee and several creams. Paid $179.00 after taxes and they were going to charge me an extra $10 for Wifi....even though I'm a Gold member. Sorry Tony, but I didn't enjoy my stay there.

Stayed February 2013
BocaRatonEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our two-room suites. We want you to know that we have addressed both our housekeeping and maintenance teams to ensure that we correct all issues mentioned. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences and we will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. Thank you again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Titusville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife, my kids and I stayed here from February 15th to the 17th, 2013. The front desk staff was unfriendly and unattentive. We stood at the desk for some time while they chatted with each other. Another relative was staying as well and was also ignored and was just handed the room key without being informed of the room number. She had to stop a bellhop (who was very helpful) to determine the room number and get directions to the room. In addition, the chef at the breakfast grill had an attitude and reminded us of the "soup-nazi" from Seinfeld. The suites were very small and rundown. All in all, the stay was not worth the money.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
BocaRatonEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
When each guest steps through our doors, we want to ensure they're greeted with service that goes above and beyond. In reading your review, it seems we fell short of offering you the warm hospitality we're known for and I am addressing your comments with our staff. We value your business and would hate for you to leave dissatisfied. Please contact me directly so I can speak with you in more detail.
Kind regards,
Fleming Island, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here several times over the last 8 months. Our first stay was nice and we enjoyed it, but since then our experience has gone down hill. We just recently stayed here (Feb 14-17th 2013) to visit my daughter who is a student at FAU. The hotel is a easy location to get to FAU. This time was not a good experience.....room was musty smelling, could hear the elevator during the night. Bathroom door was coming apart, mold in the shower, toilet did not flush right. We wanted to move rooms but they were booked solid. Breakfast was just ok. The food on the buffet was cold, and the chef preparing the omelets was rude....when I asked where I could get a lid for my coffee the dining room staff rudely told me to go to the other side to get one.(instead of offering to get one for me). Let me just say...I will be staying at the Hilton Suites on Glades Road from now on.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
BocaRatonEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback and we appreciate your loyalty to us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our staff to ensure these issues do not happen again. I will be in contact with you to gather more details and help make things right. We value your business and hope we have another opportunity to serve you.
Key West, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I had to travel from the Keys to Boca for a surgical procedure and needed to stay in a hotel for a few days to recover. I wanted somewhere nice for my family to be able to enjoy their stay while I was resting. We stayed at this hotel and we all felt like we were at home. The suites are beautiful in decor, clean and user friendly. The comp breakfast was nice. They have all of the amentities that you could possibly ask for. The staff was VERY friendly and helpful in accomadating my needs from the use of a wheelchair to getting extra pillows and blankets. The grounds are beautiful and relaxing. We enjoyed our stay so much that we really hated to have to leave. There are plenty of places to eat around the hotel and close to everything.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 418 and there is a beautiful view of a "lake" off of the balcony. One of...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BocaRatonEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
I appreciate the Positive review; your comments are most appreciated. You covered all the key amenities at the Hotel and for that I am grateful. You have many Hotel choices when stay in the Boca Raton area and I am glad you chose our hotel. Thank you again.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Ten day stay was all I could ask for from a suites-style hotel. Breakfasts were more than ample. Staff was courteous and efficient. Rooms and common areas were clean and well maintained.
Only suggestion for improvement was to put higher wattage lighting in the living room. Visited other comparably priced hotels in the neigborhood and they clearly were not as attractive, spacious, and favorably priced as this location.

Room Tip: I requested a room facing the pool (to avoid road noise) but think it may not have been necessary.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. I really appreciate you taking the time to let others know what you thought in regards to our hotel. It was good to see that you had a good trip and that the team here looked after you.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Very nice hotel, we had a good bed, and clean room up on the 7th floor. They do have a small pool, large hot tub, and nice lounge furniture to sit on. We found that it was a Good breakfast, but stay away from the biscuits and gravy, they are not what mama made.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel. I appreciate your honest and objective feedback. It was good to see that you had an overall good stay and that the team here looked after you. (I will check on our recipe for the Biscuits and Gravy) We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
North Bellmore, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Good hotel however then have to work on the housekeeping staff. The room was not cleaned until late in the afternoon (4:30 or 5 PM). If we wanted to go up to the room after lunch or in the early afternoon to take a nap, the room was not made up. Had to wait for maid to come in to clean up. When she finally did show, she was in and out in about 5 minutes. Did not vacuum or even in some cases clean off table. At the complimentary breakfast, they ran out of some food and it took almost 15 minutes to have it replenished. Also kept running out of dishes on the table.

Room Tip: Take room on 3rd or 5th floor for laundry service
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
BocaRatonEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for the feedback and for taking the time to highlight your experiences here at the hotel. I apologize for the late cleaning of your Suite and for the inconvenience you experienced during our Complimentary Breakfast. This type of feedback does provide us with an opportunity to review our amenities and ensure we are providing quality service and product to our Guest. Thank you again.