“Sleepless Night and Flies at this "Luxury" Hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton

Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Lehigh Acres, Florida, United States
“Sleepless Night and Flies at this "Luxury" Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

I paid $141 per night at this hotel for 3 nights and in the end paid $471. My experience I consider average because I was expecting more from what is supposed to be a luxury hotel. There were military planes flying over this hotel at night that were VERY LOUD. I stayed for 3 nights and did not sleep well all 3 nights due to the planes. For the rate, I wasn't impressed with the hotel. The hotel is very old and there were flies and ants in my room, flies in the hallway and breakfast area. Breakfast and the food at the restaurant and the managers reception were the only good things at this hotel for the price paid, even though the liquor quality wasn't the best. There are a good amount of TV channels and the pool area is spacious, however, there was only one hot tub (inconveniently occupied by 2 unsupervised children). The bathroom toilet looked very "used and abuse" but wasn't dirty. The bathtub needed some maintenance but wasn't dirty. I really think this hotel needs to lower its rate, it's not worth the price.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
BocaRatonEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and highlighting the issues you had with your experiences here at the hotel. There was a Military air show in the area this weekend; this is something that does not take place on a regular basis; I apologize for the sleepless nights. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Germantown, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed over 10 days. Found most of the staff very friendly and helpful. Front desk and those that worked dinning room during breakfast went above and beyond. My wife was using a walker or a cane at the time and they helped carry her breakfast tray as well as clear and obtain a table for her.each morning. They had the best breakfast selections of any other hotel s offerings. Our room was clean and very comfortable epecially over the busiest of times between Christmas and New Years . The outside pool and workout room were well maintained. Due to their large occupancy, many times housekeeping shorted us on towels. They would bring them up when called.. We wiill stay again when we return to the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great feedback and being a loyal return guest.
We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

First off there was an issue with the check in it then took 25 minutes to check me in. Then in the room the covers had a stain the bed springs were too soft and made noise. the bath tub has stains in them however before the bathtub i called for more conditioner so i could shower it never came.. I stayed at better hotels for less..

• Stayed January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
BocaRatonEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and filling out a review from your stay with us. I apologize for your less than satisfactory stay. The issues you experienced are not consistent with our hotel standards. We take these reviews extremely seriously and are always looking for feedback on how we can improve our product and guest services to meet and exceed your expectations each and every stay. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel, so that we may make it right.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

The room I was given had blood on the toilet. The manager came and cleaned the toilet and asked me if I wanted to move to another room. Moved to another room and the toilet in that room was nasty. Very disappointed. Said that the cleaning staff was older. If you know you have a problem with the cleaning staff, do something about it. Will never stay there again.

1 Thank philistia
BocaRatonEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel. I am so sorry to hear your experience, which was anything less than perfect. We pride ourselves on providing excellent product & service and it seems we missed the mark entirely. We would hope you provide us another opportunity to serve you again in the near future and I would like you to contact me personally so I can make all the necessary arrangements and to show you that your feedback makes a huge difference on how we strive to delivery in all aspects of the hotel and operations.
Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

The hotel was okay. The breakfast buffet was just what you would expect from a free buffet. The liquor/wine at the managers reception was of the quality you would find at a low rent all inclusive hotel somewhere. I guess I feel that if they are going to advertise these things as amenities, they should be very well done.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and highlighting your experiences here at the hotel. This type of feedback does provide us with an opportunity to review our amenities and ensure we are providing quality service and product to our Guest. Thank you Again.
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I had booked a non smoking room but we arrived late. Thye checked us in, gave us our key and sent us upstairs. The room was disgusting; never realized that smoke made a room look and smell so bad. On returning to the front desk they pointed out the small print that says preferences will only be honored when available. As I was there for a conference, the hotel was full and so late arrivals are stuck with the lousy rooms. They did give us a non smoking room the following day but the whole stay was tainted by the first night sleeping in a room that smelt like an ashtray
That being said, the hotel was OK; breakfast with a good selection of cold and hot things and a managers bar each evening with free drinks. Second room much airier and clean but overlooking the highway. Amenities also in the average range. Pool was chilly and a lot of the deck is shaded a lot of the day ( might be an advantage in the summer) and the hot tub was not(hot that is!) . Ate one night in the hotel restaurant and wished I had crossed the road to McDonalds where the quality would have been similar but at least it would have been cheap....Major downside is location; far from town, and not convenient to much though there is a shuttle. Three slow glass walled elevators inside and no way to climb upstairs as the stairwells dump you outside when you go down and the door locks behind you. It was fine for a conference but I would not go back there for a vacation.

Room Tip: Make sure you tell them up front that you cannot sleep in a smoking room for health reasons if thats...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BocaRatonEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time and filling out a review from your stay with us. We take these reviews extremely seriously and are always looking for feedback on how we can improve our product and guest services to meet and exceed your expectations each and every stay. I have shared your feedback with the appropriate Department Heads and we all will continue to follow up on taking care of the details and product upkeep that is so important to all our guests. If you would like please contact me directly so I may ensure your satisfaction. Thank you again Tony 561-989-3956
Trumbull, CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

The room is clean, but somewhat dated. Bed is comfortable.You get very nice "cooked -to order" breakfast included in the room rate as well as an free happy hour with snacks. Those are the plusses. The big drawback for us was, that even though we were there when it was gorgeous 80+degrees, the pool area was never out of the shade, as the sun was blocked by surrounding buildings-so it was always too cool by the pool.There was also a wind tunnel effect there.We never relaxed by the hotel pool because of this.
Not sure I'd stay here again beacuse of this.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and value your insight. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share and hope you give us another opportunity.

Kind regards,