“Overall positive few things should be addressed”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stayed here this past weekend. I've stayed at other Embassy Suites before, but this was one of the nicer, ones. Desk staff at check in was upbeat and friendly, but did not note breakfast or evening reception times. I know this is listed in the rooms in the guest guides, but not everyone looks at those so having the desk tell guests at check in might be helpful. This is usually customary upon arrival at a Hilton hotel. Room was nice, however a few minor issues. -Bathroom drain was very slow, sink handles were loose and remotes were not user friendly at all. Might be a good idea for maintainance to inspect this stuff more closely. Evening reception flowed very nicely and Barbara the bartender was amazing. She was interactive with guests, remembered and used names and was just so pleasant you felt like you knew her for years. Pool was ok, but looked a little dirty and like it needs to be cleaned more often. My small child and I went swimming the first night and there were rowdy children--yes they had parental supervision, but I still think they were a little loud and obnoxious. Scared my child and saw several families leave as a result. Also, the lady that gives you the towels, she was really hard to understand and not to mention a little creepy. She was not friendly at all, and kept staring very oddly at my son and I. She did not smile at all. Not a good fit for a Hilton product. Breakfast Monday morning(4th of July) was very busy, but this hotel seems to have the term "organized chaos" down pat. The flow despite being this busy, went well. My only issue was the chef making the omelets that morning was very short and seemed to be annoyed he was there. The guy doing the pancakes seemed to try and balance the attitude as he was making jokes and being friendly, but having the negative chef was definitely not a good look. I understand the stress as I have worked in hotels before, but you come to expect when you offer a product like this and combine a holiday weekend, it is going to be busy. That is when you should have your best people working and the most positive. The breakfast chef the day before-Sunday morning was by himself and despite being extremely busy, still seemed upbeat. Grumpy employees equal grumpy impatient guests. Overall our experience was not a horrible one, but small things like this when you are on vacation can make or break how you feel when staying someplace.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,314)

Reviewed June 29, 2011

This is a well run Embassy Suite. Rooms are well-appointed. It is quiet and the staff extremely friendly and helpful. At the price an exceptional value.

Room Tip: Just Ask
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2011

We were late arriving but check in was a breeze. The staff was courteous and very pleasant during the entire 2 weeks. You couldn't ask any more from the complimentary breakfast, which included an omelet station. The Business Center is quite congested with only 2 very slow desktops. However, this was not a problem because we had our laptops.

It was very cold and our balcony door wouldn't shut completely with the curtains blowing in the breeze. However maintenance didn't stop until they got the problem resolved.

Every staff member was courteous and went out of there way to greet us in some manner.

Location is centrally located and it was easy to get to the beaches, shopping or business district. However, a car is a must!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This is our second stay here. We were able to have dinner this time after a fabulous free cocktail hour and a half. The food was excellent, And reasonable for such a nice hotel. The two room suite could easily sleep 4 and was immaculate!!! Clean fresh and spotless, Only problem was the toilets need to be upgraded to 17" inches. The free full buffet breakfast Had everything, including eggs to order and omelets!! Used my AMEX points both times!!! We will be back for sure!!

Room Tip: Those with mobility issues should get a h/c room
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hal H
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This hotel was very nice and clean.complimentary breakfast was also very good. Convienent location. Will stay again definitely.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed June 8, 2011

I travel a lot on business and stay at many Hiltons. I am a Hilton's Honor member. Because I arrived thirty min. early on June 8, 2011 my assigned room was not available however I was assigned a similiar room and told that my water and snack would be delivered. Later, I approached the night attendant and informed her that I had not received my water and snacks. Again, she promised to deliver it to my room and even asked if someone could enter my room while I was out. Upon arrival I expected to have the water and snack and again was dissapointed. So goes my personal story. In addition to the lack of follow through my company contracted one of the banquet rooms. I asked t o speak to someone to go over the seating, food and set-up. I encountered J.B. and his staff difficult to work with and rude. The overall experience was disappointing.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank travelgirl0009
BocaRatonEmbassy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and highlighting the issues you had with your experiences here at the hotel. We have now addressed these issues with regards to your experience as well ensuring they do not happen in the future. This type of feedback, however disappointing to read, does provide a great tool for training our team in our constant bid to improve our services.

Tony Franzone

Reviewed May 31, 2011

Stayed here twice in May and glad I did. The location is near a business park, but drivable to anywhere you want to go. A car is a must.
The cook to order breakfast was included in the rate. On Sunday's it gets really busy and took awhile to get fresh cooked items.
The evening reception was very nice. The snacks were popcorn and a mix. The drinks were good and service was quick. The bartenders were sociable and friendly.
The pool was nice, but could use cleaned alittle more often. The whirlpool was too warm for my preferences.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away form the elevator
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple