“Great Hotel - Superb Staff”

Hampton Inn Boca Raton
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Lima, Peru
“Great Hotel - Superb Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stayed here two night before a Cruise. The staff was very helpful, the Breakfast Buffet was well prepared and had quite a selection, room were well appointed but showing some wear, and I liked the location.

I live in South America so I order items and have them shipped to the Hotel and pick them up upon arrival. On this trip I had 12 packages shipped all were received upon check in. I needed to get a Prescription for my Blood Pressure Medicine and the Front Desk Clerk guided me a very nice Walk in Clinic about 15 minutes away. The staff really tried to assist the Guests.

The rooms were clean and everything was in working order. My room only had a Shower a Bathtub would have been nice after spending 6 hours on a plane. There was an in room coffee maker that used basically Coffee in Tea Bags there was plenty of coffee, sugar, and powdered cream. There was a slight amount of wear evident in the room but nothing excessive. The hotel seems to have a regular clientele I saw several guests checking in and the staff knew their names welcomed them back, etc. There was no onsite gym but they have a deal with a very nice Gym in Boca. I think a Day Pass not just a one use pass was $10.

I will return to this hotel again as I prefer the Boca Raton area because of less traffic over Ft. Lauderdale for my US Shopping and Pre-Cruise trips.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

This hotel is an excellent overnight stop in Boca Raton, we were warmly greeted by the sales manager on arrival and found the check in process to be well managed. The rooms are clean, neat, and tidy, with the hotel overall in excellent condition. The beds were comfortable and he hotel is quiet despite its location next to the main road. The pool area was nice and breakfast was also adequate. There are several good restaurants within a 5 mile radius of the hotel and the beach is a 15minute drive. We drove down to a beach recommend by the sales manager which was very pleasant. Boca Raton is a great place to stop off with lovely beaches and an array of high quality shops and restaurants. I would highly recommend Boca and this hotel for a South Florida stop.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Ramat Hasharon, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

An excellent hotel. A very friendly staff, truly ready to help with any question or request. Everything was working very smoothly. The room was big, cleaned daily. During our stay of one week, we had once a problem with the thermostat of the refrigerator and they sent immediately a maintenance man, who fixed the problem. During our stay we enjoyed very much the coffee/tea facilities in the lobby, available 24 hours a day. In the evenings, cookies were offered in the lobby as well. On the last day, we asked to have a late check out, which was approved without any problem. The hotel is on Yamato road, but somewhat distanced from the road itself, so you do not hear the noise from the main road.
The easy access to I-95 highway was very convenient.
The price, in general, is a bit high, but not overly high comparing to other hotels of a similar level in the area.
The only thing that I can think of it as worth improving, is that the air conditioner in the room was a bit noisy. However, it seems that it was not a tech problem, but simply a relatively old model and it did not affect our stay in the hotel too much.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Moshe P
Boynton Beach, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

My husband stayed at this hotel for several weeks during a job relocation before we actually moved to Florida and he found it a great long term hotel. We recently moved to Charlotte, but came back for a weekend to attend a social function and found that the hotel is still comfortable, staff friendly, and the pool area is so pretty that it is a a great place to have breakfast, and just enjoy the outside as well as swim or use the hot tub.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

South Kent, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I've stayed at this Hampton a lot over the years, and was quite surprised how, even with my AARP discount, it was up in the $200/night range. I know, its FL in March, but this property is miles from the beach and not in the middle of town. It is also starting to show some wear around the edges. Still, it's basically clean and well-kept. The breakfast is typical of Hampton, more than adequate. The staff is nice and efficient. But fir this price, they could at least put real glasses in the rooms instead of paper cups. They do compete with Courtyard after all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank oxide
Paula A, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Boca Raton, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Guest-

Thank you for being a loyal guest of the hotel, and I am delighted to hear that we have been your hotel of choice for a few years. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our property. Our market is currently in "high" season and rates are a little than usual, but will decrease significantly in the summer months! Yearly updates are made to our hotel, so stay tuned for some exciting changes in the very near future.

We hope to see you again, soon!
Cleveland, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

This was our first stay at this Hampton Inn. We arrived late with family. We were greeted pleasantly by John who got us checked in quickly. He gave us wonderful suggestions based upon our travel plans and explained all the services the hotel offered to include breakfast (standard free breakfast, but I appreciated the healthier choices such as oatmeal (with all the fixings), fruit, yogurt, cereal, and more. Coffee is kept on tap 24/7!).

The suite/ room included two separate rooms, one for me and my wife, the other for the kids. However, there was no door to separate the two spaces, one of which had a lil kitchenette with a fridge, microwave oven, cheapo coffee maker (again... the good stuff is on tap in the lobby). Everything was very clean and up to date. I was very happy with this...and I am very picky when it comes to dirt and bugs (yuck).

Lots of great, local family-owned food choices deliver directly to the hotel! We did not take advantage of this, but would in the future.

The master bed was VERY comfy. The pullout bed was clean, but only fair by comfort...good for kids...could be a challenge for adults. The AC in the master area was a bit loud for my taste.. (I am a light sleeper). Its start-up woke me a several times during our 4 night stay. I recommend setting fan to stay on all the time as a background baseline noise level. This will also help drown out the garbage pick up/ dumpster noise that will definitely wake you on pick up mornings. You may want to ask about a room on the other side of the hotel. This woke me a couples times as well during our stay.

The AC died while we were there. Engineering was extremely responsive and immediately fixed the problem. No harm, no foul. Things happen beyond everyone's control.

The tub/ shower was a bit tight. Not much to do about this other than watch your elbows on the grab bar. They do have an appropriate shower curtain that does help the space feel a lil bigger than it is. The curtain was clean as was the entire bathroom. They have a dryer which was a plus for the wife. A working, quiet ceiling fan was also appreciated to remove extra humidity from the room, etc. Again, I very happy with the cleanliness of things.

Service was great from everyone we encountered, and from what we witnessed from interactions with other guests. The staff was helpful, friendly, genuine, and professional and accessible. We ordered extra pillows...the response time was about three minutes at 10pm. Wow.

The icing on the cake for me was the access to Lifetime Fitness across the parking lot. (They have an special arrangement with this hotel and The Renaissance down by the Boca Mall.)
The cost was $10 per day per person as a guest of the hotel. This was appreciated by me especially. The club opens at 5AM...and it was everything you could possibly want to include SPA, Incredible Food, coffee, alcoholic beverages (yes, even in a health club), a pro shop that has anything you could forgot at home...They even sell Lulu Lemon. Classes of every kind abound, as do personal trainers for every level of exercise training. My favorite part...The club has a strong Squash program (4 courts). Bring your gear if you play. If you want to learn to play squash, Peter Cheshire is their on-staff Squash Pro. Again, this is a VERY impressive health club, nicer than most I am told. Amazing, sculptured bodies are everywhere, a motivating sight unto itself.

The hotel is about 15 mins from downtown Delray which is a lot of fun with lots of shops in close proximity and, of course, great food choices for every taste. The City Oyster Grille was incredible. They have Sushi, but I recommend the local fish...non-fresher!
SUGAR - an awesome candy experience is across the street. Valet parking is the way to go at $10...This saves a ton of time searching for a place to park...trust me! This is a area to visit for sure! The hotel is also approx 15 mins from a variety of beaches. Take your pic along A1A. We went to a public beach across from the Marriott which was convenient, clean, and very nice.

In short, you cannot lose at this hotel. I would be shocked to learn anyone ever had a bad experience. The hotel even guarantees your stay - FYI! I will stay here again, gladly, on our return to Boca Raton which happens twice a year.

Room Tip: Get room away from noise of dumpster pic up in early morning hours if you are a light sleeper.