New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
South Kent, Connecticut
“It's Gotten Pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I've stayed at this Hampton a lot over the years, and was quite surprised how, even with my AARP discount, it was up in the $200/night range. I know, its FL in March, but this property is miles from the beach and not in the middle of town. It is also starting to show some wear around the edges. Still, it's basically clean and well-kept. The breakfast is typical of Hampton, more than adequate. The staff is nice and efficient. But fir this price, they could at least put real glasses in the rooms instead of paper cups. They do compete with Courtyard after all.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank oxide
Paula A, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Boca Raton, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Guest-

Thank you for being a loyal guest of the hotel, and I am delighted to hear that we have been your hotel of choice for a few years. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our property. Our market is currently in "high" season and rates are a little than usual, but will decrease significantly in the summer months! Yearly updates are made to our hotel, so stay tuned for some exciting changes in the very near future.

We hope to see you again, soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Cleveland, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

This was our first stay at this Hampton Inn. We arrived late with family. We were greeted pleasantly by John who got us checked in quickly. He gave us wonderful suggestions based upon our travel plans and explained all the services the hotel offered to include breakfast (standard free breakfast, but I appreciated the healthier choices such as oatmeal (with all the fixings), fruit, yogurt, cereal, and more. Coffee is kept on tap 24/7!).

The suite/ room included two separate rooms, one for me and my wife, the other for the kids. However, there was no door to separate the two spaces, one of which had a lil kitchenette with a fridge, microwave oven, cheapo coffee maker (again... the good stuff is on tap in the lobby). Everything was very clean and up to date. I was very happy with this...and I am very picky when it comes to dirt and bugs (yuck).

Lots of great, local family-owned food choices deliver directly to the hotel! We did not take advantage of this, but would in the future.

The master bed was VERY comfy. The pullout bed was clean, but only fair by comfort...good for kids...could be a challenge for adults. The AC in the master area was a bit loud for my taste.. (I am a light sleeper). Its start-up woke me a several times during our 4 night stay. I recommend setting fan to stay on all the time as a background baseline noise level. This will also help drown out the garbage pick up/ dumpster noise that will definitely wake you on pick up mornings. You may want to ask about a room on the other side of the hotel. This woke me a couples times as well during our stay.

The AC died while we were there. Engineering was extremely responsive and immediately fixed the problem. No harm, no foul. Things happen beyond everyone's control.

The tub/ shower was a bit tight. Not much to do about this other than watch your elbows on the grab bar. They do have an appropriate shower curtain that does help the space feel a lil bigger than it is. The curtain was clean as was the entire bathroom. They have a dryer which was a plus for the wife. A working, quiet ceiling fan was also appreciated to remove extra humidity from the room, etc. Again, I very happy with the cleanliness of things.

Service was great from everyone we encountered, and from what we witnessed from interactions with other guests. The staff was helpful, friendly, genuine, and professional and accessible. We ordered extra pillows...the response time was about three minutes at 10pm. Wow.

The icing on the cake for me was the access to Lifetime Fitness across the parking lot. (They have an special arrangement with this hotel and The Renaissance down by the Boca Mall.)
The cost was $10 per day per person as a guest of the hotel. This was appreciated by me especially. The club opens at 5AM...and it was everything you could possibly want to include SPA, Incredible Food, coffee, alcoholic beverages (yes, even in a health club), a pro shop that has anything you could forgot at home...They even sell Lulu Lemon. Classes of every kind abound, as do personal trainers for every level of exercise training. My favorite part...The club has a strong Squash program (4 courts). Bring your gear if you play. If you want to learn to play squash, Peter Cheshire is their on-staff Squash Pro. Again, this is a VERY impressive health club, nicer than most I am told. Amazing, sculptured bodies are everywhere, a motivating sight unto itself.

The hotel is about 15 mins from downtown Delray which is a lot of fun with lots of shops in close proximity and, of course, great food choices for every taste. The City Oyster Grille was incredible. They have Sushi, but I recommend the local fish...non-fresher!
SUGAR - an awesome candy experience is across the street. Valet parking is the way to go at $10...This saves a ton of time searching for a place to park...trust me! This is a area to visit for sure! The hotel is also approx 15 mins from a variety of beaches. Take your pic along A1A. We went to a public beach across from the Marriott which was convenient, clean, and very nice.

In short, you cannot lose at this hotel. I would be shocked to learn anyone ever had a bad experience. The hotel even guarantees your stay - FYI! I will stay here again, gladly, on our return to Boca Raton which happens twice a year.

Room Tip: Get room away from noise of dumpster pic up in early morning hours if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paula A, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Boca Raton, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you kindly for such a detailed review about our hotel! This is truly an awesome review! I am happy to hear that you will return when visiting Boca Raton. Please contact me directly, and I will personally take care of your reservation for you!
Fenwick Island, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

We are traveling to the keys, and made a few stops along the way. This was a hotel I saw got good reviews on trip advisor, and chose it. It lived up to the reviews, and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a nice, clean hotel. The service was good, and our room was great. We got a king room, and the room was very large. Bigger than standard. Only complaint the blower dryer sucked. I could have done better hanging my head out the window of the car.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Huntington, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

I have no idea how this could be the top rated hotel in Boca. Don't get me wrong, the hotel is perfectly adequate, the rooms are clean and the service is fine. That said, there is absolutely nothing special about this hotel - beds are adequate, not great, same with furniture, the place is a bit tired etc. I would say that for a Hampton Inn - type hotel, this place is very average.

For a night or two, this place is fine, but, again, it is a Hampton Inn, high Trip Advisor rating notwithstanding . . .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JHK2014
Frisco, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is a typical Hampton Inn. It is neat and clean and on very nice grounds. They use a lot of vegitation to cover the buildings and gas station close by. The desk people were friendly and helpful. The location is relatively close to I-95. There are many restaurants within a mile or two.

Apopka, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Room and amenities were nice. No fitness center at the hotel. There is a fee for using one next to the hotel. Pool area is nice but located next to a small retail store with carwash and can be a little noisy. There are three small restaurants within walking distance (across the driveway). If you happen to be there the day they are doing the landscape, they have not discovered that their landscaper can use lower noise blowers. They have a reception with hot snacks but only Monday and Tuesday nights, a little odd.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dearborn, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I would definitely use it again. The breakfast was pretty good. And it was around quite a bit of things. Fresh baked cookies everyday and everyone was really nice. I will stay here again if I ever go back to Boca. That is a guarantee.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton