“What I've come to expect from Residence Inn”

Residence Inn Boca Raton
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have stayed at many Residence Inns - I am a Marriott Platinum member, always stay at Marriott properties, and particularly like Residence Inns for the following reasons: they have a homey, small apartment-style feel, full kitchens, a place to sit and work, usually a separate living room/sitting area, bedroom, etc. - in other words, it doesn't feel like a "hotel," more like a small, simple suite.

The Boca Residence rooms are very much like that, including wood-burning fireplaces (in South Florida?), with a very nice lake right next to the property, with walking trails, wild birds, etc. It's a bit strange, as it sits at the intersection of Congress Ave & Peninsula, right off of I-95, pretty busy territory, but it is well insulated from the highways, and noise/traffic, etc. isn't really a problem.

The fitness center is miniscule, with one elliptical and two treadmills, but no one seems to use it, so I've never had a problem getting on the machines. Breakfast is served every day, I've never had it, but expect it is standard free-breakfast fare; there is an outdoor swimming pool (also never used it), but if you have a familiy with small children, it is quite serviceable.

All in all, this RI is pretty much what I've come to expect from Residence Inns - nice room, lots of space, quiet, and reliably Marriott, which is to say clean, comfortable, and reasonable.

Room Tip: I would look for a room on the lakeside of the hotel - great view, very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I highly recommend this spot. Its basically off 95 and close to boomers..yay for the kids. easy access to all the great restaurants and shopping in boca. I would go over to Marios italian down the street. Place has been a staple to the area for 40 yrs

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We spent a night at this hotel...very nice/clean room. Unfortunately, it's right next to both I95 and a commuter rail line that runs all night so you get noise from both. Worse, if you happen to get a dog next door (or near) your room, you may get the pleasure of waking up to barking/yelping like we did. (when the owners go to breakfast, i presume). (BTW, not even an apology from the hotel staff about putting us next to a room with a dog). Caution on this hotel.....

Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stayed here for a couple of nights. The units were clean and in good shape. Our unit was in the back and was extremely quiet. The studio units were the largest I've stayed at for a Resident Inn and the breakfast was typical of the brand. The property is in an office park and we didn't see any nearby restaurants. My only complaint was the front desk help both mornings that we were there. Two young men working and both clearly did not want to be there. Otherwise, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: In the back of property, away from highway noise
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bocagrlz
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Excellent service from the moment I arrived. Amanda was very helpful and took the time to sign me up for rewards which was great.
Management staff was a pleasure and very attentive.
I would recommend to everyone

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 16, 2014

The bad news... This property is buried in an office/industrial park, and is tough to find. The signage in the park could be better. Access to I-95 however, is excellent.
The good news... Very comfortable accommodations for the price. Suites are really studio apartments, complete with kitchens. The included breakfast each morning has an adequate variety of hot and cold foods. What I found that makes this hotel a cut above many of the rest is the staff. Friendly and welcoming. Special kudos to Niessa Kinard and Gilbert Chalstrom who went above and beyond to help us feel welcome.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

After logging over 250 nights at this property, I have never been disappointed. Its a great place to stay for a family of four. Our loft worked great, full kitchen, two baths and three rooms with privacy for mom and dad. The staff is great, always going out of their way to make you comfortable and exceed your expectations.

Although all the rooms were in good shape, clean and comfortable, it is getting near the time for an update.

The pool and grill area were just updated and look great.

Room Tip: The room along the lake offer a great view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
RIPBIBO, General Manager at Residence Inn Boca Raton, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Mike Z,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Boca Raton was enjoyable.

Scott Roberts