“Great Hotel...but”

Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
New Haven, Connecticut
“Great Hotel...but”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

So there is much more good than bad here, but the bad was just plain annoying. First the good: VERY clean, comfortable rooms in a well laid out and easy to get around facility. Exceptionally nice and competent front desk people. Check in and out were a breeze and they gave us a nice quiet room. Breakfast was nothing spectacular but we've come to expect the same breakfast at every Marriott. Can we vote some regionalism in food? Just sayin'.

Housekeeping was a problem. The three of us arrived to find only one set of towels and no bedding for the spare bed. A little nagging later we get the bed linens and one more set of towels. Really? It took 'til the next morning to get it all straightened out. And then no shampoo or soap. We bought some. The devil is in the details and THAT is where this place has issues.

That said, we'd visit again....but we might bring our own soap.

Room Tip: Get one facing IN towards the courtyard and pond.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Steven K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Centerville, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stayed here while traveling on business. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The kitchen was stocked okay. I bought cookie dough to bake in the stove but there were no cookie sheets stocked in the kitchen, and only two spoons!. The friendly front desk person "looked in their stock" and sent over the cookie sheet quickly. There were enough towels for me but not nearly enough for a family of 4. Room had a nice lake view but it was dark outside of my room especially at night. Pretty quiet here except for the occasional rumble from a train going by nearby. If you're on the far end of the hotel, its a walk for breakfast. Overall, a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the office.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank JameilMCR
New England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

My wife and I have spent one March week for the last 10 years at various Residence Inns all over Florida. After reading negative reviews about the one located in Boca Raton, we nearly canceled our reservation. We are extremely glad that we did not. We just returned home after spending eight wonderful days there. The hotel was clean and well maintained. The staff was quite professional and the general manager went out of his way to help me when i had a couple of problems that concerned my airline. The grounds are well maintained by a friendly crew. If i had to make one negative comment it would be that the housekeeping staff seemed to be quite unhappy even with the substantial daily tip we left. The location of the hotel is in an office park but there was easy access to all places that we wanted to visit. The money saved by staying away from a waterfront hotel allowed us much more freedom to spend the difference on ourselves. We had a great time and plan to return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NewEnglandPopo
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Can't understand all the complaints. Stayed here for 4 nights and could not find a thing wrong. Room was very clean, yes it is the "older type" of Residence Inn but everything and everyone I encountered was outstanding. I watched the front desk clerk go out of her way to deliver packages to people at the pool. I also saw the pool attended jump to the command of a man who wanted the 3 leaves floating in the pool removed. Pool was clean and warm, breakfast was fine (its free folks)and beds really comfortable. The hotel is in a Corporate Park not an industrial park. I was leery to stay here after reading the reviews but I am sure glad I did and I wil be back very shortly. Nicole at the front desk was awesome and your cleaning staff should be commended.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MAS2829
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

We only stayed here one night as a stopover from Miami to Orlando. Arrived at around 10:30 with 2 sleeping kids in the car. I had called from about 30 minutes to let them know we were coming. The gentleman at the front desk was very nice and got us checked in quickly. It was a little difficult to find the room, but once we did we were pleased to see how large it was. There was a nice living room area, full kitchen, desk, 2 double beds, and a large bathroom with the sink area outside of the toilet and shower.
There was a coffee maker with coffee and even a bag of microwave popcorn. We did not use the amenities as we were heading out the next morning. We did partake in the complimentary breakfast and it was good. The only issue was that it was very crowded. Breakfast is from 7-9:30 and when we went at close to 9am it was full. Can’t really complain through as it was Presidents Day weekend and I would expect any Florida hotel to be packed. I did take a quick look at the pool, which seemed fine, there was a small workout room, and a little shop where you could pick up snacks and drinks. All in all it was perfect for what we needed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I thought the smell of a humid room would eventually get better after a the first night. Then I figured that this smell was because of Florida's humid summers, until I went to another hotel and discovered, "they don't all smell this way."
The desk staff is helpful and friendly, but not always accommodating. Without the nice maids, support staff and servicemen this place would be intolerable.

• Stayed December 2013
Niessa K, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn Boca Raton, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Residence Inn Boca Raton. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me via email niessa.l.kinard@marriott.com. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

We usually visit off season and stay elsewhere but couldn't so we ended up here. Staff was friendly , the rooms were dark and furnished with uncomfortable chairs , the bed was ok and the room was clean. Breakfast was just ok . It s not the best we have stayed at but it will do.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Niessa K, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn Boca Raton, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and our team for your stay. Please be assured that your comments have been shared with our staff and that we will use them as a training opportunity to improve future service with our guests. Please feel free to contact myself directly via email at niessa.l.kinard@marriott.com.

Once again please do accept my apologies.

Best Regards,