“GREAT PLACE”

Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Daytona Beach, Florida
“GREAT PLACE”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

this is a great place to stay for the price! we stayed here while doing business at the local hospital. we never had to worry about breakfast, because it was already made and waiting for us. twice a week there were evening social meals as well. staff is very friendly, room was very clean, and I was even able to bring my dog. my only complaint was that there was a lot of noise during the day time. we were working at the local hospital on the night-shift, so we slept during the day. it was very difficult to stay asleep with all the noise going on outside our door. the fitness center was small, but it served my purpose.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Doris D, General Manager at Residence Inn Boca Raton, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you found your room and accommodations to be the right choice for you. . I was also happy to hear that you enjoyed breakfast, Evening Social and Fitness Center.
Please accept my apologies for the noise during the day. We pride ourselves on ensuring every guest experiences a “perfect stay” and I am truly disappointed that this was not the experience you had.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Doris Diaz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We were here for 2 weeks and its located in very nice quiet locality by the lake, nice cooking facility with full kitchen, ideal for long stay, very near to major commercial centers and FAU in Boca Raton.

Room Tip: Front facing rooms are good to stay, back side rooms make you feel little unsafe.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bunny3069
Doris D, General Manager at Residence Inn Boca Raton, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff of the Residence Inn Boca Raton, I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you found your room and accommodations to be the right choice for you. . I was also happy to hear that you enjoyed our quite area and our spacious rooms with full kitchen. Again, thank you for your feedback as it helps us achieve our goal of 100% guest satisfaction. I appreciate you letting others know about your positive experience! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We travel nationwide and ALWAYS stay in a Residence Inn due to having pets and needing space in a clean environment at a reasonable price. While the space planning was fantastic, the cleanliness was NOT. It was not a clean kitchen and 10 baby roaches scattered away from my Chili's bag when I turned the light on. It was very disappointing.
In addition, the plumbing was horrendous. I had to flush the toilet 5 times for what should have been one flush.

Room Tip: Ask for roach free rooms
3 Thank debhlu123
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and our team for your stay. Please be assured that your comments have been shared with our staff and that we will use them as a training opportunity to improve future service with our guests. Please feel free to contact myself directly via email at doris.diaz@marriott.com if you are travelling to Boca Raton again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.
Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that the remainder of your trip to Florida was most enjoyable.
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We arrived with our family at 9:30pm at night after a long day snorkling in Key Largo. Tried to book a 2 bedroom suite, but someone beat me to it before I could confirm the reservation on line, so we booked the 1 bedroom suite knowing we needed at least a bedroom for the kids to go to sleep immediately while we finished settling things down for the night. When we arrived, I waited 15-20 minutes while the receptionist helped settle a walk in with 2 suites, and answer lots of questions about dogs and late checkouts etc. When Maria finially started to help us, the first thing she said was "I see your reservation was for a 1 bedroom suite. I don't know why it let you book that since we don't have any left." I explained we have a credit card confirmed reservation for the one bedroom suite, and that we would even be charged if we did not show up. I put 10pm on the arrival time, so we were early. She said the online reservations don't really keep track of room type (which was completely incorrect since it showed the 2 bedroom suite go unavailable). She acted like it was my fault or the systems fault, and I should be more than happy with a double bed studio. Then she said she could do me a favor and cancel my reservation at no charge. A favor? at 10:15 PM, I now had to find another suite with kids sleeping in the car. She made no offer to help check the neighboring Marriot hotels, no apology. I watched her give our rooms away. BE CAREFUL if you are on a family road trip and depending on a place to stay, this is not the place. A guarentee is not a guarentee, and there is no compensation.

Room Tip: Extended Stay ( which share the same parking lot and the builds seem to be all the same) gave us a 2...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Melanie M
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and comments. Please accept my apologies for the negative impression and feeling you received of our hotel service. We pride ourselves on ensuring every guest experiences a “perfect stay” and I am truly disappointed that this was not the experience you had. The interaction with our staff member with regards the room type is certainly not typical and I will be sure to raise your experience with our entire service team as a training exercise.
I would like to speak to you further regarding your stay. When you have a moment, could you please contact me via email at doris.diaz@marriott.com?
Best Regards,
Doris Diaz
Barnegat, New Jersey
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Just returned from a 4 night stay at the Residence Inn Boca Raton and thought the hotel was very nice. We stayed in a 2 bedroom executive suite which was like a town home and had a king size bedroom downstairs and a king size bed up in the loft area. Nice size kitchen and living room with a pull out sleeper sofa and 2 full baths! Property was very well maintained. The pool area was very nice. Free breakfast in the morning consisted of bagels,toast, belgain waffles you could make yourself, scrambled eggs and sausage etc. They also had on Mon-Wed and everyother thursday a managers receiption (?) where they served soda, beer and different snack items such as burgers, cheese platters, cold cuts etc.
Hotel is located in a business park but that was fine Hotel is located a short easy drive to/from Delay Ray Beach which was our actual destination but the Residence Inn there was over $100 more a night.
Staff was very friendly and I definitely go back again should I ever travel to that area.
:-)

Room Tip: We stayed in buliding 4 which was near the major highway but no problems with noise.
1 Thank TravelerAna
On behalf of the entire staff of the Residence Inn Boca Raton, I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that you had an outstanding experience throughout the property. I was delighted to read that you found your room and accommodations to be the right choice for you. . I was also happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious rooms with full kitchen, breakfast and pool area. Again, thank you for your feedback as it helps us achieve our goal of 100% guest satisfaction. I appreciate you letting others know about your positive experience!
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have stayed at several Residence Inn in the past and this one was by far the worst. The many negative reviews are accurate. The thing we didn't experience was noise but we were off Congress so not huge traffic. Room - dirty not clean. We arrived at 2am to find a bug on my pillow. I was so tired my husband got rid of the pillow and we went to sleep. We went down for breakfast which offered the usual assortment. I went to the front desk and told them I wanted new sheets due to the bug and that the floor needed a good cleaning and the bathroom tile needs to be mopped. She took down the information and apologized. Yes the front desk staff were very nice. We were gone the entire day and came back to that smell everyone is talking about. It was mildew of some kind that just had a bad smell. Room did have new sheets, I think but floor and bathroom tile totally as dirty as when we checked in. We were not staying in the room a lot so I let it go. Parking is not by your room, you have to park way down by the train as spots fill up quickly. We encountered a raccoon on our way parking which was an experience. Our room was on the opposite side of the road so had to walk over grass to get there, they really need to make a better path especially when the grass is wet. In addition, yes it is hard to get into, we found where it was but very confusing at night to figure out how to get to the main entrance since it is in an industrial park. I would not recommend staying here, most people's comments are right on.

Room Tip: Spend a little extra money and stay at a better accessible hotel.
1 Thank pmazcomm
Thank you for sharing your experience at the hotel. Please accept my apologies for the negative impression and feeling you received at our hotel, we strive to give every guest an exceptional stay. I assure you we take great pride in maintaining our rooms and ensuring they are clean for all of our guests. We take all feedback very seriously and there is always opportunity for improvements, so I assure you that I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team and we will work hard to rectify any and all housekeeping concerns.
Please feel free to contact myself directly at doris.diaz@marriott.com if you are travelling to Boca Raton again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.
Maryland
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I'm a Marriott rewards member and used points to stay here for a quick overnight between vacation destinations. Fortunately, this stay didn't cost me a lot of points, and knowing what I know now, I'd never pay money to stay here.

Specifically, my family had issues with the location and general cleanliness of the room. We checked in at 6pm or so, and requested from the front-desk agent, Carlos, a room in a quiet area. He assured me that the room he placed my family in was located in the "quietest part of hotel." We brought our bags to our room, cleaned up, and went out to dinner. When we returned and got ready for bed around 830pm, we discovered that our room was proximate to the hotel pool, and noise from kids playing carried up to our room until 10pm or so.

Regarding cleanliness, the room had a strong musty odor, and when my 10-year old first used the bathroom, she discovered remnant body hair (from the room's previous occupant?) on the toilet seat. The next morning we intended to make coffee in the room, only to discover dirty coffee mugs in the cabinet that had clearly not been washed. We instead had our coffee in the lobby at breakfast, checked out (again with Carlos), and were on our way.

External areas weren't pristine, either. The stairway going up to our 2nd floor room hadn't been swept in a while, and there were random long hairs dangling off the sides of the steps.

If for whatever reason you still choose to stay here, be advised there is limited parking and your car may end up quite a distance from your room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JennJ14
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. First, let me apologize for the negative impression and feeling you received at our hotel, we strive to give every guest an exceptional stay. I assure you we take great pride in maintaining our property and ensuring it is clean for all of our guests. We take all feedback very seriously and there is always opportunity for improvements, so I assure you that I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team and we will work hard to rectify any and all housekeeping concerns. The interaction with our staff member with regards to your comments about the noise is certainly not typical and I will be sure to raise your experience with our entire service team as a training exercise. I will also be sure to pass on your comments to our Front Desk Clerk regarding the room location and assure you that we do our best to accommodate requests based on availability. We hope to see you again in the future!
Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that the remainder of your trip Florida was most enjoyable.