“Loved It”

SpringHill Suites Boca Raton
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed February 19, 2006

Can't say enough good things about this hotel. Booked for a few days and was really disappointed that they were sold out and I couldn't extend my stay. The rooms were exceptionally clean. The hotel staff was more than accomodating. The breakfast was great. They even have a business center with two computers for the guests usage - free! Wouldn't hesitate for a minute to stay there again. Loved it!

6  Thank dw4879

Reviewed January 13, 2006

I've stayed here with my family a few times, using my Marriott points. It is a very well maintained hotel. Having two TVs, a fridge, and microwave in the room are convenient. Yes, the hotel in next to the train tracks. They are very infrequent though. I don't ever recall hearing the trains from my room.

The free breakfast choices are good. The pool area is very nice with beautiful foliage. Here is where you'll hear and see the trains when they pass by.

Overall, this is a very good choice that has never let me down.

• Stayed: January 2006
3  Thank rekusa
Reviewed October 12, 2005

We had booked the hotel and shortly before getting there I saw the reviews mentioning the train. When we checked in we asked for a quiet room and they said any even # room is on the side opposite the train. We got one and really did not hear it at all. We spoke to other people who had odd # rooms, and they did hear the train. There aren't many trains, but the hotel is with a bunch of others like Embassy Suites that are right next to the train tracks. Other than that, the location was perfect, safe, and the hotel was great. If you get an even # room you will be fine, and you will sleep really well.

• Stayed: October 2005
4  Thank moiinnj
Reviewed October 12, 2005

I stayed at the Boca Raton Springhill Suites for 3 nights for a business trip. The location is right off I-95 and very convenient. Upon check-in I went to my fifth floor room to discover it smelled like smoke despite being a non-smoking room. I was changed to a front-facing fourth floor room immediately. In the front of the building, the train noise was non-existent. The room was spacious and very clean. There was plenty of area to work, the mini fridge and microwave were great.

The bed was very comfortable and everything in the room worked perfectly. The free high speed internet was very easy to use, but it was not wireless.

The free breakfast had a nice selection, but the food was not very fresh and was not high quality.

Overall though, for the price that I got ($80/night) it was a very good place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
4  Thank bk48862
Reviewed October 12, 2005

Springhill Suites is well located in a nice office park just off of I-95, and within walking distance of the commuter train station. This is a business suites hotels, but would be excellent for a family stay too. I usually stay in the Embassy Suites, which is in the same park, but it is under renovation at this time so I tried Springhill. I found the staff helpful and friendly. My large room had a king bed and a sleeper love seat, desk, microwave, sink, and compact refrigerator. I found the bed to be exceptionally comfortable, and the linens high quality. The room was quiet, with little noise intrusion from adjacent rooms, though there is the standard door slamming noise from the hallways as in any hotel. There is plenty of well lighted parking right outside. The pool area is very nice, private, and lightly used. I took advantage of the coin laundry, which is clean and equipped with plenty of machines. The breakfast included in the room price had the usual continental fare plus fruit, waffles, and hot oatmeal. It was quite acceptable. There is a workout room which I did not use, and an office center with computers, printers, and fax, all of which seemed to be well maintained. There was free wireless Internet in the lobby, and free wired Internet in the room. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone needing a comfortable place to stay, rather than a resort. My only complaint is the Internet tended to become slow at night...probably too mnay guests downloading movies and the latest podcasts.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
8  Thank Daddy_Fix
Reviewed September 29, 2005

I usually stay at the Fairfield Inn in Boca but wanted a bigger place and chose to stay at this hotel. I really liked the room - enough space to spread out, easy access to the internet (used ethernet) and the kitchenette had everything I needed to heat up my dinner. The property itself was also quite nice.

I had read other reviews mentioning the trains and thought I would not have a problem with the noise because I usually travel with earplugs. Unfortunately, I was mistaken. Please be aware that this hotel really is right near the train tracks. I had a room on the first floor and was awakened at 3:00 a.m. and 4:45 a.m. by the train going by - my bed actually shook. The only other drawback was that there was not a good choice of restaurants nearby. I actually drove down 95 to Glades Road and ended up buying my dinner from the Whole Foods grocery store down there.

I probably will go back to the Fairfield Inn but would stay here if that property was sold out.

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled on business
1  Thank HappyTrailsVA
Reviewed July 26, 2005

We found this hotel to be better than we expected. We usually stay at Marriot Hotels, but just needed something for one night and decided to try this Springhill Suites. We took the advice we read on Trip Advisor from former guest and all went well.
The room was very clean and nicely decorated. The staff went out of their way at check in letting us look at 2 different rooms and pick which one we wanted. The room was small for a suite, but fine for just 2 people. We were amazed at how well the little kitchen was equipped. The breakfast was above average, but most of all I don't remember staying anywhere that had a nicer staff than this property. Would most certainly stay again.

Stayed: May 2005