“Spacious, Nice, Clean and super Budget friendly!”

SpringHill Suites Boca Raton
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Miami, Florida
“Spacious, Nice, Clean and super Budget friendly!”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is my first review, i felt compelled to share my good experience because it was really unexpected. It was a very good price for 4th of July weekend. The hotel is nice and clean, and seems to have been updated recently- vibrant colors, good bathroom vanity and simple but nice and clean tub. . offers great amenities for my short stay. I went with my toddler and a friend and her daughter as a girl's weekend. The room was impecably clean. I (yes, I did) smelled the linnens, and checked them since I am paranoid with my child, I also checked the bathroom and the ceiling for issues (I have seen some expensive and trashy hotels.) I got the two double beds suite, and all rooms have an extra sofa bed. There were two tv's in the room, and your room staples like microwave and small fridge. Free breakfast, free wifi, free parking, a pool, what else do I need.? This is even good for familys vacationing on a budget! It's in a nice area with great local water parks and entertainment for families- oh and the beach is like 15 minutes away. I am going back, every time i want a short getaway! The only 1 thing was that there are kids so i did hear one or two in the hallway, but having two myself, It did not bother me at all! I split the cost with my friend, so 85$ for three days of nothing bliss? I'm in!

Room Tip: Away from the ice room is quieter.
Green Features: Awesome. they recycle in every room, and have eco friendly items all over. I have been to much more expensive hotesl that rave about being eco-friendly but usually dont actually have proof that they are taking it serious!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Miami
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed at the Marriott Boca Raton hotel for 2 nights. We traveled as a family, with two kids and three adults.

Location
The hotel was very easy to find, right off I-95. While there aren't too many shops/restaurants within walking distance nearby, if you have a car, you can easily drive a few minutes and find several plazas with places to eat and things to buy. The area is quiet, but the highway is easily accessible and you can hop on and get to major attractions.

Staff was fast at check in and the cleaning staff were very accommodating. We had no troubles during our stay and any questions we had were immediately answered.

Rooms
Rooms were very clean, modern and well equipped. Our suite included two double beds, a pull out bed, and a kitchenette complete with fridge, microwave, sink and plastic utensils. Everything was ready upon check in. The hotel lobby is very well designed and modern and fresh.

Amenities
The breakfast was ample and well stocked. There was something for everyone to eat. Despite being very crowded, the staff was quick to handle any issues that occurred. The eating area is well lit, nicely decorated and clean. The pool area had plenty of shaded seating and the pool itself was very clean. There was also a gym, which we didn't use, and computers for any online/printing needs.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 22, 2014

This was a very nice, clean, and new looking hotel (not sure how old it is, but it looks very new).

As a Marriott Platinum Rewards member, the staff was extremely helpful in finding me a great room at early checkin. While the rooms are not large, they did a nice job of separating the sleeping area from the living/work area.

The free breakfast is adequate, and coffee was available early in the morning.

The one negative in the location is that when exiting the hotel on 8th Ave, you can't make a left turn onto Yamato to get onto I95; so you need to turn right, and then make a u-turn.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper: 1) Stay away from the elevators 2) You want a room on the opposite...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last week & I was very disappointed. There was only one lady at the front desk (she was super nice & upbeat) the whole night so when checking in, my family and I had to wait awhile. First off, it took about 5 minutes for the shower water to get somewhat hot. And then whenever we flushed the toilet, it made an annoying buzzing sound that wouldn't stop unless you literally took off the back part of the toilet and moved the handles that were on the inside....in the toilet water. It was disgusting & I didn't appreciate having to so every time I went to the bathroom. But to be more inconvenient, nobody could fix it because the hotel doesn't keep ANY overnight housekeepers or janitors. I was highly unsatisfied. I don't plan on staying here again whenever I come to Boca.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Symone L
SpringHillSuitesBoca, Manager at SpringHill Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Good Afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time for sharing your experience. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.
You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you
with an excellent hotel experience. I would like to apologize for inconvenience you experienced Our goal is to ensure that we have met your expectations of our hotel and its services. I am sorry that we did not live up to that expectation. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The place looked nice at first but turned out to be a complete nightmare. It's located right next to train tracks that are used by commuter trains running from West Palm to Miami. Trains run from 4am until 9pm and they blow their horn when passing by the hotel as there's a rail road crossing just a few hundred feet away from the hotel. So if you are a light sleeper and your room is facing the tracks, be prepared to be woken up at 4am by the rumbling noise of a train followed by a train horn whistle. The building also has a problem with electric surges that trigger the fire alarm system. During the first night of our stay, we had to evacuate the building at 4am and wait outside in the pouring rain for the fire fighters to come over and check out the building. A few of the people mentioned that this is the 2nd evacuation for them during their stay and that the 1st evacuation was also due to an electric surge. The next day, when people were checking out and asking to see the manager, the front desk clerk kept telling everyone that there's no manager on site (the manager is supposedly located at a sister property somewhere in that area and doesn't come to the Springhill Suites, which is hard to believe considering how big the hotel is). The clerk also said that he wasn't authorized to give any discounts because the electric surge was weather-related. Now, it might have very well been weather-related BUT it wouldn't have been an issue if the hotel had proper surge protection in place, so the hotel should have offered apologies and discounts for everyone affected by the evacuation. The hotel should also invest in acoustic-grade insulation and multiple-pane windows to reduce the train noise. Finally, there were mosquitoes in our room buzzing all night long but, compared to trains and fire alarms, this was really nothing to worry about.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not facing the train tracks
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
6 Thank VicUSofA
SpringHillSuitesBoca, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent visit with us. Yes, the hotel sits very close to the railroad track that handles the Tri-rail between Miami and West Palm Beach. I also appreciate your feedback regarding the train horn, which is not suppose to sound throughout Boca Raton on an ordinance established into law over 5 years ago. I am presently addressing this with the City of Boca. The power surges’ that occurred during your visit did not result in the prompting of the fire alarm being activated. Power surges will not trigger this system. The fire department is directly connected to our hotel and responds within minutes after activation of this system. Once the fire department arrives and deems the building safe, then and only then is the alarm silenced. I do apologize for not having a manager speak with you during this situation. There is always a manager on site to help those guests that need assistance. The manager was dealing with another guest during your inquiry. In addressing the quality of our room insulation, our rooms are double insulated because of the train along with impact glass to secure our rooms are secure if confronted by a hurricane. I am not sure how mosquitoes got into your room as our windows do not open. If you were located on the first floor of our hotel, it is possible that a mosquito could have gotten into the building from an exterior entrance. Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit. Our goal is to meet and hopefully exceed our guests expectations of our hotel and its services. I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations due to these issues that you brought forth in this review. If your travel plans bring you back into this area, I would personally like to handle your reservation and meet you upon your arrival.

John Barone
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a month on business. The rooms were very cLean, and staff was friendly but security guard a little blunt.
Breakfast and coffee was hot and fresh every day.
Pretty well maintained, very quiet, convenient to interstate, shopping, and beaches

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We stayed here 2x in the past month or so. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The first time we were there, we had to switch rooms. i think we were too close to the elevator. The next room had a broken door lock but the 3rd room was fine. 3-4 weeks later, which was last week, we stayed again. The first room the toilet was not 'secure' so we switched to the end room on the 5th floor. I forget the number. Of course, the lock was still broken on the door! This is terrible that it was still broken. The next room was fine. I think the rooms needs some updating but for the price, it was fine. Breakfast buffet was better than Hampton Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends