“Not typical of a Marriott Property”

SpringHill Suites Boca Raton
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Minneapolis
“Not typical of a Marriott Property”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Arriving late, I was welcomed by the front desk clerk and quickly checked in so I could get to my room and much needed sleep. And then, every business travelers worst nightmare...Sheets that are NOT clean. It was too late at night (and I had already gotten ready for bed) to go down and through the hassle of changing rooms.

My next surprises hit me like cold water in the face...specifically from the water from the shower. It took a good 5 minutes to warm up...and I could only wonder if this was due to the all of the plumbing from the shower literally falling out of the wall. The shower head, faucet, were all loose to touch and I thought they'd come apart in my hand. I also noticed around the sink; it wasn't clean. The sealant around the sick was old, cracked and brown in color with the remains of a number of other guests body hair stuck to it. And all I with say about the toilet seat was that it was falling off.

The other unnerving aspect of this hotel was the elevators. One of them had a "hiccup" when it was coming to the floor and the door hesitated to open. The other unit moved incredibly slowly. I was in it twice with other guests and we were all commenting that we'd hope we'd make it to our floor without a problem. Neither seemed safe.

The breakfast was standard, it was nice to see fresh bananas and oranges. The scrambled eggs were not of good quality and tepid in the chafing dish. Nice selection of beverages in the morning. The internet worked well and the parking lot is lit up nicely and easily accessible to the 95.

When I left the hotel, I noticed the housekeeping service is managed by Jani-King. I can only imagine if this is the reason why the room was dirty and not up to typical Marriott standard.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms next to the ice makers as they are loud.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Backstreets1250
SpringHillSuitesBoca, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your visit with us. It is extremely important for us to receive feedback regarding our service and overall quality of the hotel, as this enables us to identify areas that need attention. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Our goal is to address your concerns, so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. We have addressed the issues you raised with both our housekeeping and maintenance departments regarding your room. You are a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope that you would give us another opportunity to serve you again as your travels bring you back into our area.

John Barone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I recently stayed 6 nights during a business trip. The hotel offers a clean room, a nice common area with plenty of space for breakfast, and a convenient location. The rate is reasonable compared to other local hotels.

I will certainly stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Alliston, Canada
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The staff were very pleasant and friendly. We loved the early 6:00am coffee station and breakfast. We didn't have a chance to use the pool but I was impressed to see it had a handycap apparatice that was in use.
The big plus is the fact that its right off the I95.
Room service was interesting that if you left a shirt on the bed then you can be sure it will not be made nor was the garbage can emptyed.

Room Tip: Have lots of water as the rooms are dry.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
SpringHillSuitesBoca, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I am delighted that our location was convenient for you. I would like to apologize for not having your room serviced to your expectations. Normally, when a guest leaves belongings on the bed, the room attendant that is servicing your room will not move any guest belongings. The issue with your garbage being removed will be addressed with our housekeeping department.
Your feedback was appreciated. We look forward to having you with us again if your travels bring you back into our beautiful city
New City
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Spring Hill Suites is a great hotel. We really enjoyed our visit. Location is perfect and the rooms are clean and comfortable. Breakfast is very well done and staff is excellent. We would stay here again. This was the best hotel we stayed at during our trip to Florida.

Stayed March 2014
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed here for one night in March and our stay was enjoyable. The free breakfast was great and the pool area was very nice. The room was spacious and clean. They also allowed us to check-in early on a Saturday which was great. However, when we went to check-in the first time we were turned away because there were no rooms. This wasn't a problem but I would have at least liked to have gotten the process started. I felt like we were dismissed. It went like this "Hi, we are checking in." "We don't have any rooms come back at 2 pm." That was it! That is my only complaint with the hotel. Great stay otherwise. As mentioned in a previous review there were many baseball teams at the hotel but we were put on a different floor. I didn't hear any noise at all. Great stay overall. You can't beat the amenities for the price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
SpringHillSuitesBoca, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you so much for your very positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate knowing that we exceeded your expectations. Our check in time is at 3pm and we always try to ensure all rooms are ready by that time. We could have been, however, more proactive in taking your cell number to let you know when your room is ready. We will forward this feedback to our front desk as this was great information for our future reference.
Key West, Florida
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for one night and around 9.30 A.M i heard the knock on the door while my husband was still sleeping. I opened the door and found house keeping supervisor knocking on the door,checking to see if the room is empty. While checking out I talked to the lady guest service agent, and I was shocked by her response. I was told that it is normal to go and knock on the door to find out if the room is empty and I should have hang the "do not disturb" sign on the door.. When i told her that you should inform the guest to hang the sign while checking in. I received the answer that this is the normal practice of the hotels. This may be the normal practice of the Marriott to save few dollars on the house keeping cost but it does not leave customer happy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank HansaSoni
SpringHillSuitesBoca, Public Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Boca Raton, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on your recent stay with us.

Our housekeepers need to verify that guests have checked out of the room on check out days. However, the only way for us to know if you are still in the room, without having a "do not disturb sign" on the door, is to knock.

We apologize that we did not meet your expectations of what you felt was proper protocol.
Butler, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Very clean, close to most all major cruise/airport... Enjoyed the suite... Even though there were baseball teams in the hotel, they made sure that we were comfortable and on a different floor.
Very happy...Breakfast was wonderful ;0)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple