“Satisfied Return Customer” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
“Satisfied Return Customer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2010

I stayed at this hotel twice in 6 months and my last visit was as good as my first one. Here is, more specifically, why I absolutely love this hotel:

*GENERAL COMMENTS:
After having stayed in many high-end hotels in Florida, I can say that the Renaissance Boca Raton is a real "easy luxury" hotel. No hassles, no costly parking, no nickel-and-diming. It just feels like home... a very beautiful and comfortable home in one of the nicest neighborhoods of Florida.

*ROOMS:
Always sparkling clean and beautifully decorated. Very cozy and spacious too. Beds are extremely comfortable. Even though I was a Hotwire customer, I have been given a very nice room with a king-sized bed (as requested) with a pool view. That tells you they really do not treat Hotwire/Priceline customers as second-class travelers.

*FACILITIES:
This hotel features an alluring tropical pool and jacuzzi surrounded by a water cascade, royal palm trees and all kinds of beautiful flowers. The pool seems to be open 24h which is a big plus (I have never been disturbed by noisy night swimmers). There is also a nice pool bar that remains open until midnight or so. In-room wireless internet access is less expensive than in most hotels of the same category ($9.95 per day).

*LOCATION:
Boca Raton is undoubtedly one of Florida's most beautiful cities. The Renaissance is just a few steps away from the Boca Raton Town Center, a superb shopping mall featuring plenty of fine shops and great restaurants and bars (Grand Lux Café, Capital Grille, Cheesecake Factory, Stir Crazy, Blue Martini, etc.). It's also a short hop to Mizner Park, the wonderful scenic A1A and many public beaches.

*SERVICE:
Each and every staff member I met throughout my two stays at this hotel was smiling, kind and eager to help.

*PARKING:
Easy, free self-parking. You just park on the hotel's terrain and don't have to deal with a time-consuming and costly valet parking service (although I think they offer that service if it's your wish to use it). In a world of high-end hotels that typically charge $20+ per day for parking, I think it's really appreciable to be able to park for free.

All in all, I really recommend this hotel and I will return, that's for sure, even if I have to pay their full price.

1 Thank 73MKIV

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Coral Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2010

We recently won a gift certificate to this place at a silent action , this was a First Class operation ! The staff is the BEST ! From the time we walked in the door the attitude was " What can we do to make your stay a memorable one " The pool area was open all the time. It was literally a tropical paradise. We loved having lunch poolside as Brandon so attentiveley served us with a smile ! Housekeeping didn't miss a beat and always smiled and asked if there was anything they could for us. ( Very nice rooms by the way ) The manager Alan ( Pittsburgh ) we enjoyed talking to and always seemed to be around checking on us and other guests making sure everybody was enjoying themselves. We enjoyed our Room Service meal delivered from a very nice girl from another country that made us special giving us two free breakfast bars with the breakfast we ordered. Grady the Concierge - Bellman was another hotel member that stood out giving us some alternitive places to eat. We loved our stay there and my husband has already told his boss about considering having the company holiday party there. We were completely satisfied with our stay there and hope that writing this comment encourges others to give this hotel a try ! Congratulations to your staff for making our stay relaxing and enjoyable ! PS .. We LOVED your Shrimp Scampi !

The Cohens from Coral Springs FL

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cohens
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2010

I just returned from 4 days at the Renaissance and I agree completely with tdcguy. The service was excellent. I mentioned on my last morning that I was a bit disappointed in the preparation of my breakfast order. First the food manager came to my table. He then sent the chef out to ask me how I'd like it prepared. When I said it was not that big a deal, she said the staff truly desired the feedback of what the customers wanted. It was an utterly unique experience. If I were a professional reviewer who'd been spotted I doubt I'd have been treated better. Other interactions with staff while not as dramatic reinforce my view that the management is very attentive to customer satisfaction and have impressed this point on all staff. As a traveler, that is worth more to me than some extra frills.
The room appeared to have been recently redecorated. It and the bathroom were very clean and well maintained. Water pressure was particularly good, which I have found is not always the case in S. Florida hotels. Smallish exercise room but the pool area is lovely.
If you are traveling for business and need extensive facilities, the full scale Marriott about a quarter mile away may suit you better. But for a comfortable place to sleep, eat and relax by the pool, I found it to be an excellent value and more importantly, a place that will work to make sure you are satisfied.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank pennpal
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2010

Got an amazing deal on Priceline for a 4 star hotel in Boca Raton. Let me tell you, this hotel is NOT a 4 star. 2.5-3 at best. The room was small, which is ok. However, there was an overwhelming stench of mold and mildew. The windows are bolted COMPLETELY shut, so there is NO chance of fresh air in this hotel. Hence the mold smell. The check in staff was very rude. She actually had her purse on her shoulder and had the gall to tell me I WAS LUCKY that she was going to stay and check us in. Could you imagine? There were no directions to our room. We had to ask one of the someone on the maintenance staff. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, this hotel was pretty bad. The housekeeping staff were INSANELY loud. Nothing like getting woken up at 7-8 in the morning by a bunch of people yelling and screaming in the halls. When they did show up to the clean the room, we were not ready and asked them to come back later. Guess, what? They didn't. Got home later that night and the room was just as we left it. Stay away from this hotel if you can. The Priceline rate was great, but maybe look in Deerfield beach. Also, don't order the room service. $78 bucks for two less than mediocre pasta's and salads.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HellsKitchenChef
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 7 nights and and were not only impressed with the standard and amenitiesof this hotel but also found the staff to be most courteous and helpful.Whether it was dealing with reception,ordering breakfasts or being served lunch by the pool,the staff were always most obliging and friendly.
The pool area was a delight and there was never any problem in obtaining bedchairs or towels.The food served at breakfast and lunches by the pool was very tasty with substantial portions and the one evening meal we had was most enjoyable.
The bedrooms were very adequate and confortable and the only slight criticism is that some of the bedroom furniture neerds modernising.
Overall,it is a well- run top class hotel situated in a convenient location near the town centre mall and is very good value for the rates charged.

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2010

I am a frequent business traveler to the Boca Raton area and have made The Renaissance my choice away from home for my last two visits. The hotel is a resort, with a beautiful pool area, large rooms, high ceilings on the lower floor and a great gym. Although the hotel is beautiful, what really makes this place great is the staff. From check in to restaurant to pool area, the staff are courteous, friendly and willing to help to ensure your stay is comfortable and exceed your expectations. A special thank you to Patricia at the front desk for extraordinary experience. It is service like this that will keep me coming back to your hotel for years to come. Thank you!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

I chose this hotel based on other reviews. At first glance, the lobby looked very nice and worthy of a 4 star hotel, which always gives me hope.

As one reviewer mentioned, the hotel does hold $50 per day for incidentals. When I tried to confirm this upon checkin, the front desk clerk didn't have a clue, so I just assumed this would be the case. So we were given the room key and then the clerk stood there looking at us like "What else do you want?" We asked her how to get to the room, and she pointed down a hallway, presumably toward an elevator. (After the first night (we stayed three), we found a closer entrance and elevator bank to get to our room.) So then we asked where we should park, and she pointed toward the front door and said, "The parking lot is just outside." Allrighty then. No other information provided about the hotel, available services, etc. I see now that they provide breakfast, which we weren't aware of and certainly would have taken advantage of had we known.

So now on to the room. Nothing too terrible there. On the small side. Furniture did not match, and there was a handle missing from the bedside table. The outside corner of the bathroom wall next to the bed was damaged. The drinking glasses were glass, which I don't really like because I don't believe they wash them every day in soap and hot water. Coffee maker was a single serve machine, and only one cup of regular and one cup of decaf coffee packets were provided each day - not enough for two people who don't drink decaf.
The older type air conditioner under the window was quite noisy and had green mold underneath the clear plastic casing.

There was a restaurant in the hotel, but the prices seemed a bit high. The guest guide didn't list any nearby restaurants, even though we noticed a few on the way in. We called the front desk to ask if they could recommend any, and again they had no helpful information. We ended up looking online and ordered pizza and salads (DO NOT use Giuseppe's Pizza - over an hour to deliver and smashed/cold on delivery. Forks, napkins, and paper plates were requested twice during the phone call, but none were delivered. They also overcharged us $17, and we're waiting to see if that charge is corrected on the credit card.)

Soaps were not replaced each day. By the third day, the soap was mushy and almost nonexistent. The Kleenex tissue box was empty after the first day, and the under counter dispenser was not refilled; instead the new box of tissues was left on the bathroom counter.

Rooms were not at all soundproof. We could hear the person(s) in the next room showering, flushing the toilet, and coughing.

All minor stuff, but when added together, I would not stay there again. There are better hotels out there.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mmkelly
RenaissanceBocaRaton, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2010
Thank you for your review. I am truly sorry that our staff failed to deliver excellence throughout your stay, and you were not completely satisfied with your experience. We have serviced the room in which you stayed to rectify the issues there, and your comments were forwarded to all of our managers to address the service and guest room challenges you have shared.

Your experience was not acceptable, and I would be delighted to speak with you. Please contact me personally at the hotel at 561-939-1560, and I look forward to your call.

Tom Mulroy